Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Adding DLC

Semi-technical area to discuss content modding research and discoveries. Technical information necessary for coding tools should be posted in Technical Research on the Coders board.

Re: Adding DLC

Postby Kinkojiro » 27 Feb 2015, 04:28

FYI having made that error so many times I worked out the program goes down the tlk and is always looking for a bigger number, so if the strings are ordered 1, 2, 5, 4, 7, 6, 3, 8 it will see 5 skip the 4, pickup 7 and go straight to 8. This is why it seems a bit random. If you accidentally put the largest tlk string at the top it will miss everything.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 27 Feb 2015, 07:33

good find!^^

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby Praedor » 11 Nov 2015, 13:17

Not to add a huge workload but...has anyone tried looking into perhaps being able to mod ME1 or ME2 via DLC? Perhaps this would be an easier route than the original WarrantyVoider work of having to near-totally unwrap and reverse engineer ME3?
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby giftfish » 11 Nov 2015, 14:27

Praedor wrote:Not to add a huge workload but...has anyone tried looking into perhaps being able to mod ME1 or ME2 via DLC? Perhaps this would be an easier route than the original WarrantyVoider work of having to near-totally unwrap and reverse engineer ME3?

Folder structure in ME2 and ME3 is the same, so the DLC mod method already works for ME2. The greater restriction is the lack of modding tools for ME2.

ME1 DLC have a different folder structure, as well as different file types. And, like ME2, we have almost no modding tools for ME1.

The DLC mod method is the easy part; it's only a way to package the files. The files themselves still need to be edited for ME1/2, and that is still restricted by a lack of tools. We have basic package editors and that's it. And, for ME2 we have a sequence viewer. Until we have full PCC Editors, a "Creator" type tool, Dialogue Editors, Conditional Editors, and more, we won't be able to mod ME1/2 to the level as we can mod ME3. For those new tools, we need coders who want to create them. Right now, we basically have no coders, short of SirCxyrtyx who pops in every so often (usually with a great new tool).
giftfish

Postby Deager » 11 Nov 2015, 14:29

Praedor wrote:Not to add a huge workload but...has anyone tried looking into perhaps being able to mod ME1 or ME2 via DLC? Perhaps this would be an easier route than the original WarrantyVoider work of having to near-totally unwrap and reverse engineer ME3?

ME2 is very similar to ME3 except that it's actually easier. :)
tutorial-mass-effect-2-mod-as-dlc-t1862.html
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Praedor » 11 Nov 2015, 20:42

Of course. I realized my mistake shortly after I posted. You STILL need a way to get mesh mods INTO a pcc file to make it work as a DLC mod and that requires the same level of effort that WV used to get it working in ME3.

In any case, I'm giving a go to making my mesh mods into a DLC since it is impossible to make them as *.mod files anymore and the original mod files do not properly convert or install even when they do convert. I could use some help here.

I've started with files from DLC_CON_APP001 since it is the closest sort of DLC I have to what I want (alternate appearance pack). In my case, however, I don't want to offer up an alternative appearance that users can toggle through, I want to replace the default character's body/face. I have Ashley, EDI human face/body mod, Tali full face mod, and a Traynor mod that I'd like to package up into a DLC. These mods change the default and alternate appearances of the named characters (alliance uniform and ponytail for Ash, hair and human-like face for EDI - though still clearly a bot, Tali with a full visible face and reduced opacity visor, and finally a minor tweak to Traynor so she is actually nude when she takes a bath in Shepard's tub like a normal person). This SHOULD be much easier than the big content mods most of ya'll do and package into DLC.

I edited Mount.dlc (the two hex positions indicated page 1 of this thread), Got an (empty) Default.sfar and I've cut down the contents of the DLC*.bin file to be pretty close to that of the page 1 images. I suppose I need to deal with the tlk? After that, just copy the modded pcc files into the DLC folder and generate a TOC.bin and give it a shot?
Praedor
User

Postby FemShep » 12 Nov 2015, 01:24

You need coalesced file and tlk for every language you want it to support. Blank sfar and mount as well. TOC too. My Mod Manager program has a Mount.dlc editor that will make it easy to do rather than manual hex editing.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Praedor » 12 Nov 2015, 02:44

Thanks FemShep. I downloaded the tool and used it to edit my mount.dlc. I THINK I'm close to having a working test DLC for my Ashley mods but the first time I tried it a few minutes ago it failed - dlc check thinks it is corrupted and need to be re-downloaded so somewhere in the mess I've got something wrong.

First, with priority, what is the highest priority (roughly) right now for original DLC content? On second thought, I have MEHEM installed so need to know what priority numbers were used there. I'm not sure as yet what priority number to use in mount.dlc. As for the ID TLK...just some number that isn't already used by other DLC?

I also think I need to do some more editing inside the tlk lang files. The TOC.bin already exists and the coalesced file is there and virtually identical to that in the first post. One thing I wonder about: I don't need a conditional file do I if all I'm doing it mesh/texture mods? It that's true (no conditionals) do I even need a bioengine.ini in the Default (DLC) coalesced file?

The pcc's included in the DLC_Ashley_Mod test are (if it matters). Any reason this shouldn't work?:
BioD_CitHub_Hospital_Ash.pcc
BioD_CitHub_Hospital_AshT1.pcc
BioH_Ashley_00.pcc
BioH_Ashley_00_Explore.pcc
BioH_Ashley_00_NC.pcc
BioH_Ashley_01.pcc
BioH_Ashley_01_Explore.pcc
BioH_Ashley_03.pcc <---DLC pcc From Ashes
BioH_Ashley_03_Explore.pcc <---From Ashes
BioH_Ashley_CitSim.pcc <---Citadel
BioH_Exp3_Ashley_1.pcc <---Citadel
BioH_Exp3_Ashley_2.pcc <---Citadel
Praedor
User

Postby Praedor » 12 Nov 2015, 05:08

I THINK I got it working, at least to the extent that the DLC passes the corruption test. I can post the DLC test at Nexus for trial - Ashley gets a ponytail, much reduced makeup, her face edited closer to ME1, an alliance uniform, she's topless in the love scene, her armors are modified a little (smaller breasts, minor body tweaks like move lat muscle), a clear face helmet, hospital body mod so she looks like she's wearing a tshirt instead of having black paint on her nude upper body. If interested the DLC can be downloaded here at Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mo ... D179&pUp=1
Praedor
User

Postby FemShep » 12 Nov 2015, 15:26

DLC fails as corrupt if a file is missing. It says its not authorized if it is not corrupt but no bypass was used.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

PreviousNext

Return to Modders' Research