Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Adding DLC

Semi-technical area to discuss content modding research and discoveries. Technical information necessary for coding tools should be posted in Technical Research on the Coders board.

Re: Adding DLC

Postby Kinkojiro » 13 Nov 2015, 00:07

Praedor wrote:First, with priority, what is the highest priority (roughly) right now for original DLC content? On second thought, I have MEHEM installed so need to know what priority numbers were used there. I'm not sure as yet what priority number to use in mount.dlc. As for the ID TLK...just some number that isn't already used by other DLC?

There is a list of the major DLC mods on the wiki here: http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/DLC_Mod_Compatibility_Resource

You need to have a unique mount number and tlk strings.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Praedor » 13 Nov 2015, 02:00

Thanks for the link. I've apparently run into a problem with my DLC mods that don't show for me but do for attempted users: matt black textures for characters. Ashley and Miranda look fine on my system but when someone tried my DLC mods of Ash and Miranda the characters appeared black. Anyone have any idea where this comes from or how to fix it?
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby Praedor » 21 Nov 2015, 18:25

More problems with DLC. I've got a DLC folder setup and populated, ready to go for creating the customtexture file, etc. It's DLC_CON_GETO01 and I put it in my DLC directory. I run Texplorer and it does the normal unpacking of DLC, including mine, but when it finishes it throws up a list of DLC but NOT mine. Mine doesn't show in the list. No errors, nothing. W. T. F.?
Praedor
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 23 Nov 2015, 00:06

I never seen that problem. Checklist:

(1) Coalesced named properly: Default_DLC_CON_GET01.bin
(2) TLK named properly: Needs _INT at end DLC_CON_GET01_INT.tlk
(3) Mount.dlc
(4) Empty .sfar
(5) PCConsoleTOC.bin in DLC\DLC_CON_GET01 folder.

As for black textures, that is likely caused by it not being able to find your tfc file. You need to have it named Textures_DLC_CON_GET01.tfc. Anything else will not work. It can only be in your DLC\Cooked folder or the main game Cooked folder.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Postby Praedor » 23 Nov 2015, 14:58

Thanks Kinkojiro...I don't have the INT in the tlk file, I'll correct that and try again. Would that really prevent Texplorer from SEEING the DLC?
Praedor
User

Postby FemShep » 23 Nov 2015, 20:49

Seems kinda weird since the game doesn't require INT for a DLC technically.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 24 Nov 2015, 05:28

Praedor wrote:Thanks Kinkojiro...I don't have the INT in the tlk file, I'll correct that and try again. Would that really prevent Texplorer from SEEING the DLC?

No idea which file Texplorer uses to check whether a dlc is present, but I have had experience of problems with the game not recognising the dlc if it doesn't have a valid _INT.tlk

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Postby Praedor » 29 Nov 2015, 16:41

That was it. Simply print INT into the tlk file name fixed the problem. Texplorer now sees the new DLC and will scan it.

Femshep, since a tlk is not required for a dlc I have to assume that IF one is included it must fit exactly in the naming convention or it fails. As soon as I get the texplorer scan done and move/rename the custom texture file then I can release my Ashley mods as DLC finally then all the rest too.
Praedor
User

Postby giftfish » 02 Dec 2015, 19:28

Praedor wrote:That was it. Simply print INT into the tlk file name fixed the problem. Texplorer now sees the new DLC and will scan it.

Femshep, since a tlk is not required for a dlc I have to assume that IF one is included it must fit exactly in the naming convention or it fails. As soon as I get the texplorer scan done and move/rename the custom texture file then I can release my Ashley mods as DLC finally then all the rest too.

A TLK file is required for all DLC, which is why it's a part of JohnP's tutorial. Like he states, it apparently isn't needed to pass the corrupt DLC check, but it's still a necessary file.

Among other things, the TLK contains the actual name of the DLC as displayed in the main menu error pop-up if there is ever a problem with the DLC's functionality. Every BW DLC contains a TLK file -- even if it's only the minimum of 5 strings long -- and the TLK's name must always contain a suffix that defines the language. This is the convention that all BW DLC follow.

See my Dialogue Editing Appendix on the TLK file for more info.
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 02 Dec 2015, 21:10

Texplorer requires INT even if the DLC does not support INT, however.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

PreviousNext

Return to Modders' Research