Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Additional Tools

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Re: Additional Tools

Postby TankMaster » 19 Jun 2015, 08:39

Yeah, the codex, quest, and transition (state event) maps are all close, a few differences based on the InstanceVersion.
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Postby giftfish » 19 Jun 2015, 14:26

Kinkojiro wrote:So the quest maps are identical in ME1/2/3. Amazing.

Holy crap. That should mean we can fix some things.

One thing I've been wondering about ME1... is the Armistan Banes quest still in the files, or was it totally removed?

And...does this finally mean we could actually create a real fix for recruiting all ME2 squadmates prior to Horizon? Rather than the buggy hack right now that apparently fecks up dialogue for Kelly and some squadmates.
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 19 Jun 2015, 15:02

I once got Tali early by editing the Galaxy map conditions (both the Normandy Galaxy map file and the conditionals file for ME2). At the time I didn't mess with the quest map, so it didn't show up in the journal, but I still could go to Haestrom and start the mission properly.
TankMaster
User

Postby giftfish » 19 Jun 2015, 15:21

TankMaster wrote:I once got Tali early by editing the Galaxy map conditions (both the Normandy Galaxy map file and the conditionals file for ME2). At the time I didn't mess with the quest map, so it didn't show up in the journal, but I still could go to Haestrom and start the mission properly.

Fob actually tried something like that recently for Thane. He enabled Tasale system for Illium, and I could travel to it, but Illium itself was still hidden within the system. From Kinko's work on GMM (and looking at the map files myself recently), my guess is that Illium has a separate conditional from the rest of the system.

In addition, even if Illium would be available, it wouldn't mean that everything would have gone well. If ME2 is anything like ME3, I could still have run into issues with getting proper dialogue to trigger with Liara/Seryna, etc.

Now that we have a better PCCEd and a Seqeunce Viewer (soon to be editor, I hope) for ME2, we really need a Conditionals Editor like we have for ME3. If we can get those 3 things really up and running -- along with your tools -- it would be major. The only thing remaining at that point then is dialogue.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 19 Jun 2015, 15:25

Oh snap -- we could finally fix "Packages for Ish"!!!
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 19 Jun 2015, 20:49

giftfish wrote:
TankMaster wrote:I once got Tali early by editing the Galaxy map conditions (both the Normandy Galaxy map file and the conditionals file for ME2). At the time I didn't mess with the quest map, so it didn't show up in the journal, but I still could go to Haestrom and start the mission properly.

Fob actually tried something like that recently for Thane. He enabled Tasale system for Illium, and I could travel to it, but Illium itself was still hidden within the system. From Kinko's work on GMM (and looking at the map files myself recently), my guess is that Illium has a separate conditional from the rest of the system.

In addition, even if Illium would be available, it wouldn't mean that everything would have gone well. If ME2 is anything like ME3, I could still have run into issues with getting proper dialogue to trigger with Liara/Seryna, etc.

Now that we have a better PCCEd and a Seqeunce Viewer (soon to be editor, I hope) for ME2, we really need a Conditionals Editor like we have for ME3. If we can get those 3 things really up and running -- along with your tools -- it would be major. The only thing remaining at that point then is dialogue.

Yeah, it probably does. I had to edit the bytecode of a few conditional functions to get Tali's to show up properly; if I remember right. That or I did it for something else, lol.
TankMaster
User

Postby TankMaster » 22 Jun 2015, 17:24

Just wanted to give a status update. Codex map and the Task Evals parts are done. I am finishing the Quest map today/tomorrow and the State Event map today/tomorrow . Once that is all done, I will finish the saving to a pcc file.

Another thing I am working on is being able to save the maps to a single XML file or multiple XML files that you can open and then save to a pcc file. But that won't be done for awhile; search needs to be done well before that :).

Update:
I have also updated the download for the Alpha version, only real difference is it uses new dialog boxes and gave a few more add/remove buttons their code.

Update 2:
All buttons should function as well as all context menu's (right click menu's). A few list's don't update when items are added or removed, will have that fixed with the next update.

Update 3:
All lists should update when items are added or removed. Next to be done is sorting some of the lists when items are added/removed to find items easier; already done on loading a pcc file. And of course, being able to save back to the pcc is now the next task as well.

Last update: 06/23/2015 07:40 AM EST

TankMaster has been thanked by:
TankMaster
User

Postby TankMaster » 23 Jun 2015, 16:18

I feel this next update notice deserves it's own post ;)

I will have a version posted later today that is fully functional, granted it will pry have bugs, so make sure to backup any PCC that is edited.

Notes:

When opening a PCC file, it remembers the file name, so when you save, it saves directly to that file. Save File As... will be done after the release and will let you save to a different PCC file.

Next release (non-bug fix release) will include the functionality for "New File" and "Save File As..." and the UI for the "Find Usages" tab.

Edit:
The link to the new version that can now save to the opened PCC file. Let me know if there are any bugs, I tested it but I could have easily missed something.

http://1drv.ms/1oXJWaV

Edit:

Had to reupload it, forgot to remove a couple of lines I used to quick test the program.

TankMaster has been thanked by:
TankMaster
User

Postby TankMaster » 14 Jul 2015, 18:35

I take it everything in the current version is working properly. Anything I should change in the interface (other than missing features :p)?
TankMaster
User

Postby DownTheDrain » 23 Jul 2015, 21:03

I really, really wish your tools were more noob-friendly.
I'm sure that stuff is great for modders, but for me it's been a waste of time.

The ME3 wikia praises your Coalesce Tool as "the next evolution of Coalesce compiler/decompiler" so I figured why not. I got Gibbed's tool to work last time I played and all I wanted to do was mess a bit with the war assets, a few guns and maybe fiddle with a power or two. So I dragged the coalesced.bin onto your tool and edited the values with notepad++.

Everything worked fine until I wanted to recompile it all.
Dragging the Coalesced folder back onto the tool did nothing, the dos prompt seems to only have commands for converting a single xml file into a bin and the same goes for the tool with a gui.
How does that help me? I need all the xml files compiled into a single bin, not a bioai.bin, biocompat.bin, etc.

Naturally I tried to find a manual, but there wasn't even a readme as far as I can tell.
On this lovely page, the only one where your tools are offered and discussed, you decided to "remove all descriptions for the time being until I get new stable releases out", which may or may not happen at some point in the future, but doesn't help me one bit right now.

So yeah, I guess it's my own fault for bothering to try without modding experience, or maybe it's the wikia's, for advertising a program that has zero documentation anywhere, but I'm rather annoyed right now.

Anyway, sorry for venting, have a nice life...
DownTheDrain
User

Have thanks: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Utilities