Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Additional Tools

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Re: Additional Tools

Postby FemShep » 23 Jul 2015, 23:30

[quote="DownTheDrain"][quote="FemShep"]Your passive aggressive remarks are not appreciated.
Enjoy the lack of Type 3 and 4's in Gibbed's tool.

Next time you want to ask for help lets not try to be a **** about it.

That's cute considering my initial post was somewhat frustrated but polite and you, in particular, started with an openly rude reply.

How about the next time a confused noob ventures in here you try something like:
"Listen man, we're not responsible for whatever wiki you got your wrong information from, but all you have to do is copy all the xml files from the coalesced folder into the main folder, drag the coalesced.xml on the tool and you're set."
To which my reply would have been:
"Really? Well that's easy then. I wish there was a readme to tell me that but thanks for the help and sorry for venting."

That might have been a tad more constructive for everyone involved than a throw-away comment about my "inability to read directions" (which directions btw?), don't you think?

Anyway, I'm done here, feel free to insult me a bit more, or ban me outright, or whatever else you usually do to an unruly pleb.

I reread your original post. It's... not as inflammatory as I originally thought it was (though your last line seemed to be a snipe).
I apologize. However you never bothered to ask for help which means you just got upset without looking for any assistance with the program which is frustrating. The directions were on page... like 6, 7 of this? I moved them to the first post so new people shouldn't have such a difficult time finding the command.

Also you can drag and drop the Coalesced.xml file (not the folder) like with gibbed's. He doesn't mention it. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby TankMaster » 25 Jul 2015, 02:01

I apologize for there not being any documentation, the old documentation on the front page wouldn't have helped out much as it was old and the program's command line syntax had changed since then. I also thought I had the program show the right commands should something not be right, but apparently it maybe broken.
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Jul 2015, 14:48

TankMaster wrote: I also thought I had the program show the right commands should something not be right, but apparently it maybe broken.

This sounds handy :)
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 25 Jul 2015, 16:16

giftfish wrote:
TankMaster wrote: I also thought I had the program show the right commands should something not be right, but apparently it maybe broken.

This sounds handy :)

The version I have, which I think is still the latest, will crash if anything goes wrong. Perhaps do some handling and throw a message if it does or something? Perhaps make the thread sleep 3 seconds so if its drag and drop its visible?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby Kinkojiro » 25 Jul 2015, 21:18

TankMaster wrote:I take it everything in the current version is working properly. Anything I should change in the interface (other than missing features :p)?

One thing I found a while back TM - only just remembered. Does the new interface round
floating numbers? I need a very precise (5-6 dec place) float for a mass relay transit location in the map and it seems to round the numbers to 2 places in the new version. Other than that seems to work great.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 05 Aug 2015, 14:43

Hi Tankmaster,

Apart from the floating numbers question there are a few issues I am having:

- sometimes the new version seems to save incorrectly - I subsequently get a crash on loading it in the game. This maybe due to having a large number of actions within a single event? The ME3Logger registered a bad name call, but I re-saved in natives editor and the crash stopped, although it is still not working properly (some items do not work).
- right clicking a state event then change ID causes a crash.

here is the file containing the problems https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64867763/MapMod/Startup_DLC_CON_MAPMOD_IN_NW.pcc

I added State event IDs 9321-9331 and these seemed to start the issue.

thanks.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby TankMaster » 09 Aug 2015, 18:39

I'll look into those issues. Not sure what might be causing it, but will do some testing. I also did some changes to the command line parser. Another thing to note: all the projects have been upgraded to .NET 4.6, just in case anyone runs into an issue with that, let me know.

Oh and I also fixed the CoalesceTool, the GUI accessory for the compiler, still requires the Coalesce exe to be in the same directory.

TankMaster has been thanked by:
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Postby FemShep » 11 Aug 2015, 18:13

.net 4.6 has issues with optimizations that I don't think have been fixed.

Unless you're using it I wouldn't bother as its just making users install another 100+MB .NET version with its multi gigabyte updates...
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby FemShep » 17 Feb 2016, 19:25

Is there source code for the TLK tool? Lack of error messages make it nearly impossible to debug my issues. Can we get source on all the tools?
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Previous

Return to Third-Party Utilities