Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ALOT Mod Kestral Power Pack Bug

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

ALOT Mod Kestral Power Pack Bug

Postby Sil » 29 Jul 2016, 12:49

Hey,

I couldn't post in the forum I assumed would be the correct one, so this is the next best place.

I've spent a long time today installing ALOT on Mass Effect 2, but when I loaded the save my Shepherds Kestral leg armour (Kestral Power Pack) glows a lovely shade of blue... well, the entire legs glow blue and there is no other texture. I've carefully reinstalled the Shepherd section of the mod and all of the bits installed correctly. I'm using the latest download from the MegaUpload bit. Any idea what could've happened?
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Re: ALOT Mod Kestral Power Pack Bug

Postby giftfish » 29 Jul 2016, 14:09

This is something you should post in the ALOT Nexus thread, Sil, since it's a support request for that mod.

Otherwise the proper place for this in "Other People's Stuff" in the Mess Hall. I'll move it there now. Is that where you tried to post?

No idea about the problem, btw.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby CreeperLava » 29 Jul 2016, 14:30

Definitely not the right place to post bug reports for ALOT, the bug report section on Nexus has been created for that purpose. The issue you mention has been fixed for a while, just download update 2.4.5...
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby Sil » 29 Jul 2016, 23:48

Yeah, I tried here but no New Thread button was available earlier. Which was odd.

Reason I posted here rather than Nexus Mods is that when I post on other mods in those collective threads I almost never get a response or it gets drowned out by other people, here it felt more likely I'd get a response.

Is there a download version of 2.4.5 that isn't a torrent? Whenever I've had torrent programs on my computer the system seems to go wrong, even when I'm careful over what I use it for. I really don't trust them. If there isn't I'll just uninstall the mod and reinstall ME2, it wouldn't be the end of the world :)
Sil
User

Postby giftfish » 30 Jul 2016, 00:27

@Sil -- Is the "New Thread" button there now? If not, then I need to figure out why :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Sil » 30 Jul 2016, 07:36

giftfish wrote:@Sil -- Is the "New Thread" button there now? If not, then I need to figure out why :)

Just done a check on each forum I can post in. I can post new threads in all the ME3 Explorer Toolset General Board set of forums except Announcements (which is expected). Yesterday when I looked I was only able to do it in the Mess Hall forums. I can't post new threads in the Toolset Coders and Toolset Modders forums, but I'm sure that's intentional. :)
Sil
User

Postby CreeperLava » 30 Jul 2016, 08:47

Sil wrote:Is there a download version of 2.4.5 that isn't a torrent? Whenever I've had torrent programs on my computer the system seems to go wrong, even when I'm careful over what I use it for. I really don't trust them. If there isn't I'll just uninstall the mod and reinstall ME2, it wouldn't be the end of the world :)

Ugh... Sometimes I wonder if people really read anything. The updates are uploaded directly on Nexus, no torrent. Besides, torrents aren't dangerous, their content can be, but not any more or any less than regular HTTP downloads.
CreeperLava
User

Postby Sil » 30 Jul 2016, 13:20

CreeperLava wrote:Ugh... Sometimes I wonder if people really read anything. The updates are uploaded directly on Nexus, no torrent. Besides, torrents aren't dangerous, their content can be, but not any more or any less than regular HTTP downloads.

Just so you know, I did actually read it. I specifically read the part:

DOWNLOADS
Torrents are the best way to download this (huge) mod. If you only want specific textures, you can select the files/folders you want to download from your torrent client. Be sure to seed at least as much as you downloaded, it's the best support you can give me (that and endorsements^^). I also mirrored the downloads on MEGA, links are available in the mirror tab above.

I had downloaded the mod from the mirror on MEGA, as I'd assumed it contained the most recent version of the mod. I'll try downloading the 2.4.5 update from Nexus, see if it works.
Sil
User

Postby CreeperLava » 30 Jul 2016, 14:35

You didn't read the "Updating" section of the description :).
CreeperLava
User

Postby Sil » 30 Jul 2016, 18:39

It seems to be fixed :)
Sil
User

Return to Other People's Stuff