Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Alternate Ending Mod

User-centric area to discuss ideas and request mods. Toolset modders may also float ideas for new mods here; if pursued, the thread can be relocated to Mods in Development.

Alternate Ending Mod

Postby sansuni » 10 Jul 2016, 15:36

Hey everyone, some of my might already know that I was working on an ending mod and had a pretty decent and detailed idea to go with it. I loved MEHEM very much, but I wanted something that's a bit more. Some of the things I wanted to do was not possible at the time (some probably still isn't possible or maybe too difficult to pull off properly) and some of them I still don't know how to make it work. I was working on it every day and had quite a decent progress, then my hard drive died and I started from scratch and I started working crazy hours, so my progress hasn't been that fast ever since (at this rate, I will be lucky if I can be able to finish it by 2020 and that's after I made all the compromises to my original plan)

I thought I would share my original ending idea here, so it might be able to inspire someone in their own mod or someone might even like the whole idea and pick it up one day. (People on this forums are so talented, I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to pull off things I called impossible like it was nothing)

My ending idea was to fix inconsistencies with the ending and improve the general atmosphere and state of things while restoring cut content as much as possible. I wanted to start at the beginning of Priority Earth, where I would restore Geth Prime and its unique dialogue if you choose to make peace between Geth and Quarians and put Kirrahe/Salarian's into the mix even if you cured the genophage. (I could never make it work though) I really wanted to restore the cut content with your old companions where they would run with you and had unique dialogue. (yelling and screaming PUSH! and so on. :D ) Maybe those could be restored like they were radio chatter or something.

Then we move on to the beam:

This is where the most inconsistencies start to occur. So I wanted it to go like this:

You start running towards the beam with your companions, Anderson is running with you. (I would love to add alien troops here, since during the whole thing Krogan, Salarian and Turian troops are nowhere to be seen) Some ships attack the reaper from above to cover you and your fellow soldiers. (Instead of reaper keeps missing you for no reason at all) While running, one of your companions get injured like in the extended cut and you see that Anderson running ahead of you (thus explaining how he got there before you did, he kept running while you stopped to help your companions), then a shuttle comes down to pick them up instead of the Normandy, while Normandy keeps the reaper busy. (This might not be possible but yeah.) Turns out that reaper near the beam is Harbinger and it keeps taunting you. When the shuttle leaves with your companions, Joker uses his cut dialogue (Sorry Commander, but the girls are coming with me.) Meanwhile, Anderson already reached the beam. Shepard keeps on running, but you hear "someone made it to the beam! Retreat!" over the radio. Then Harbinger's laser beam hits somewhere near Shepard, but it was far enough to not actually hurt/kill him/her and far enough that his/her armor wouldn't be badly damaged. (because if it really did hit Shepard like its already in the game, there would be nothing left of Shepard but dust. Seriously, reapers can take out entire ships with a single shot, if it really did hit Shepard, he/she wouldn't be injured, he/she would be dead outright. And his/her armor wouldn't be damaged, like that, if it was too close to damage it like that, it would have been vaporized. They tried to add extra drama, they turned it retarded instead.) So Shepard is shaken, but he/she isn't badly hurt and his/her armor isn't badly damaged, armor has its shields down and thats it. Shepard gets up and goes near the beam, Harbinger goes away to pursue the retreating forces.

Shepard walks up to the beam and finds himself here:

But it looks much different than this. First of all, there are no dead bodies and it doesn't look like a kill room anymore. (considering not many made it to the beam, how does it make sense to have so many soldier corpses here (*** end of nowhere) other than adding some silly dramatic effect? Did reaper forces killed everyone elsewhere and simply moved them here? Do they do cleaning now? Did a reaper go "oohh, too messy, we have to tidy up."? So, no more dead bodies here, or maybe just one, so we can keep that keeper picking up a soldiers helmet.) Shepard walks around normally, no more injured animation and his/her armor is fine, shields regenerated and everything. (I actually did menage to do this, but Shepard's injured animation would still play during cutscenes, couldn't find a way to properly get rid of that.) He/she contacts Anderson, knowing he made it before we did. Anderson says "I made it here just before you did" and doesn't mention any ******** about dead bodies or if the reapers trying to make a new reaper using humans.)

Then Shepard goes to the room that controls the Citadel arms, only to find Illusive man there who keeps Anderson hostage.

To be honest, at this point, I would love to turn the ending more akin to ME1's ending. Where Shepard takes cover and Illusive man takes pot shots at you. And you can either talk Illusive man down (if you do, he will shot himself in the head and turn into a reaper) or you shot him (then he will turn into a reaper) or you don't shot him and can't talk him down, so the Harbinger turns him into a reaper since the whole thing isn't going anywhere. Then you would have to fight and kill him. But Anderson took a shot and still dies after making conversation. Since this is probably impossible, it would go like this:

You talk Illusive man down and he kills himself or you shot him dead, (Shepard never gets shot by Illusive man, even if he/she does shields in his/her armor stops the bullet) in the end you open the citadels arms and sit beside Anderson who is dying. You have your conversation with Anderson while Crucible docks. After Crucible docks, Hackett informs you that nothing is happening.

Shepard gets up normally walks near the terminal (still not injured at all) and says "I don't see what could be the problem" or something along those lines. (No injured Shepard falling down and no more magical space elevator picking Shepard up to the heaven/space. How the hell does that even make sense? At no point during the entire ME trilogy a technology like that ever existed. A piece of the floor just magically starts to float, without being attached to anything at all. So Shepard doesn't even leave the room, instead Catalyst appears near him/her.) Then the Catalyst appears in Avina's form and explains that she is the Catalyst, she is the Citadels VI and she is just using Avina hologram to communicate with Shepard, the Crucible is just an interface and works as some sort of antenna that can send signal to very long distances. She was built by Leviathans to stop the chaos caused by the wars of the advanced races. (then it went overboard and started to take out every advanced race out there) Anyway, without going into too much detail, she explains she doesn't have the control of the reapers anymore, because you severed her connection with the keepers during the events of ME1. So you have to make a choice, you can either send a disable signal to the reapers (and only to the reapers), which will turn them all off without destroying anything or you can order the reapers to protect and rebuild every civilization they were destroying (of course, the civilizations they already destroyed are already gone, there is no coming back for them) No matter what choice you make, you make it trough the console you used to open the citadel's arms (but it shows something other than citadel arms at the moment) Once you make your decision, Crucible fires off a while colored beam (no matter what you pick, the color will be same) neither the citadel nor the relays are destroyed (EDI is still alive and Geth still alive if you didn't side with the Quarians and already destroyed them.)

Rest goes down in a similar manner to MEHEM, with maybe a few more slides. (and no last breath slide. I would like a scene where Shepard runs towards the camera like in the ME1 ending.)

Unless I am forgetting something, that's about it. (I am definitely forgetting something) What do you guys think?
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Re: What My Idea Was...

Postby Sil » 10 Jul 2016, 16:25

From what I recall of the Priority: Earth mission it felt like it was an alpha version of the level rather than a fully tested, complete final level. It felt utterly lacking and pretty dire in terms of content. I expected Suicide Mission 2.0 and instead got a something that was about as interesting as that mission in Mass Effect where you fight those Thorian drone things on a random planet in a cerberus lab. So any mod that wants to improve it in any way, even if it's merely adding cut content from a Geth is fine by me! The bits that interested me most are the bits pre-Citadel.

I like the idea of restoring the cut content for the ME2 peeps through radio messages. Personally, I just wish something -more- could be done with it all; additional maps to fight over, more story, actually seeing some of your War Assets being used, but I know such a thing is a pipe dream. I didn't like the Citadel part, but I could've accepted it more had the lead up to that point been exciting to play through.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby giftfish » 10 Jul 2016, 17:10

@sansuni -- Is this idea part of your "Ultimate ME3 Project"?

ultimate-me3-project-t2101.html

If so, I should merge the threads :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby sansuni » 10 Jul 2016, 17:32

You should rather archive that project. Like I have said, I am still working on it, but I have no idea if I ever be able to finish it. Progress is so slow I would be lucky if I get to finish it in 5 years or so.

This topic is mostly about my original ending idea.

sansuni has been thanked by:
sansuni
Modder

Re: Alternate Ending Mod

Postby giftfish » 11 Jul 2016, 13:37

@sansuni -- Retitled your OP to better reflect the post contents :]
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby sansuni » 11 Jul 2016, 15:40

giftfish wrote:@sansuni -- Retitled your OP to better reflect the post contents :]

Well, fine by me. I can tell it does reflect much better now. Thank you. :)

Now that you have changed the topics name, maybe you can tell what you think about the said topics content. You know, to cover our bases. 8-)

Sil wrote:From what I recall of the Priority: Earth mission it felt like it was an alpha version of the level rather than a fully tested, complete final level. It felt utterly lacking and pretty dire in terms of content. I expected Suicide Mission 2.0 and instead got a something that was about as interesting as that mission in Mass Effect where you fight those Thorian drone things on a random planet in a cerberus lab. So any mod that wants to improve it in any way, even if it's merely adding cut content from a Geth is fine by me! The bits that interested me most are the bits pre-Citadel.

I like the idea of restoring the cut content for the ME2 peeps through radio messages. Personally, I just wish something -more- could be done with it all; additional maps to fight over, more story, actually seeing some of your War Assets being used, but I know such a thing is a pipe dream. I didn't like the Citadel part, but I could've accepted it more had the lead up to that point been exciting to play through.

Sorry I completely missed your post.

Yeah, Priority: Earth mission really did feel like a rushed, unfinished mess and to me it seems they never even tried to polish it to be honest. Extended Cut DLC didn't exactly help the matters either. (They gave us that DLC only to shut us up and to be able to say "we fixed it".) They spent more time on stupid things like Dianna Allers and phone apps than they did for the entire ending of the game. The ending of ME3 should have been more like ME1 and ME2's endings, where your decisions actually mattered, even if it was in a small or a big way. Instead in ME3 we got different colors depending on our final decision and none of the decisions we made before that mattered at all.

For the second part, I would love to have something more as well, but like you already stated, it is a pipe dream at the moment. While what we can do with the ME3Explorer is nothing short of amazing, it is still limited on some subjects. I would love to add our peeps back to the final fight with war assets actually showing up for the battle of Earth, but I don't think thats even possible at the moment.

Citadel part can only be improved so much. I really would love to restore the original idea, where you would have to fight Illusive man that fully turned into a reaper. (I bit of homage to ME1, where you fought Saren in same way.) From ME3, I only wanted an ending that made sense where your decisions mattered. Since they didn't even try to deliver that, there is only so much we can do. But we can always try.
sansuni
Modder

Return to Mod Ideas and Requests