Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Alternative ME3 Texture Explorer

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Re: Alternative ME3 Texture Explorer

Postby Inquiring » 20 Apr 2013, 04:37

Great, this looks really useful!
Inquiring
Modder

Have thanks: 53 time

Postby AmaroK86 » 20 Apr 2013, 18:48

Tnx 4 the support guys, I really appreciate that!
Even if I don't interact so much on the forum I still love to hack ME3 and give my little support to the project!

Everyboby keep hacking! ;)
My multiplayer ID: AmaroK86_64

AmaroK86 has been thanked by:
AmaroK86
Emeritus

Have thanks: 36 time

Postby Guigui1113 » 17 May 2013, 07:41

Hi,

Do you continue the development of your soft? Will you include the dlc support?

Thank you for your answer!
Guigui1113
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby giftfish » 31 Aug 2013, 02:50

FYI--

I'm very new at using this texture tool, but I might have found a bug...or something.

When trying to replace the texture for Tali's photo, the tool is writing the new texture to my new .tfc (thanemod_textures.tfc), but it isn't affecting the .pcc (BioD_Nor_100Cabin.pcc). Besides the fact that the texture doesn't change in game, I can see this from the date and time the files are modified. The .tfc is being modified, the .pcc is not. This is despite me getting the popup message telling me the texture has been changed. I can also verify this in ME3's Texplorer: the Tali image is present (despite the fact it was "changed"), and if I head into the PCC Editor, I can see the .pcc is still referencing Textures.tfc, and not thanemod_textures.tfc. The .pcc was not altered.

I tried replacing it twice, using the most recent version of this utility and it doesn't work. On the other hand, I replaced 2 other textures and those updated to both the thanemod_textures.tc and the .pcc (SFXImages_GameManual_10.pcc) correctly.

So, it's either something with the utility or something with the file. The file I'm using is Mimi's version of BioD_Nor_100Cabin.pcc, since the picture won't work without it (I'm not a Talimancer).

If I try to replace the image via ME3Explorer's Texture Tool, it works perfectly.
giftfish

Postby AmaroK86 » 31 Aug 2013, 17:28

This is took from my first post:
AmaroK86 wrote:P.S. this is only a test version and ONLY for ME3, use it at your own risk. I haven't tested yet but it could cause conflicts with saltisgood texplorer, because it uses a different pcc saving method. Again, use it at your own risk :)

So if you are using saltisgood texplorer and you have modified BioD_Nor_100Cabin.pcc before then it may not work.
You may try using an original BioD_Nor_100Cabin.pcc file.
Sorry if I can't help you more but it's a lot of time since I don't program on ME3Explorer (and also on C#). One day I'll come back and finish what I've begun ;)
My multiplayer ID: AmaroK86_64

AmaroK86 has been thanked by:
AmaroK86
Emeritus

Have thanks: 36 time

Postby giftfish » 31 Aug 2013, 17:48

@Amarok --

Oh, it's perfectly fine. I'm modifying it with the Texture Tool for now, which works correctly. Just wanted others to know if they came across the same issue.

giftfish

Postby Guigui1113 » 15 Mar 2014, 15:26

This project seems to be adandoned. It' a shame...
Guigui1113
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Previous

Return to Third-Party Utilities