Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Alternative ME3 Texture Explorer

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Alternative ME3 Texture Explorer

Postby AmaroK86 » 01 Mar 2013, 18:57

AK, why did you create an alternate me3 texture explorer?!?! Well... I started a loooooooooooo....ooong time ago, before salt started his own texplorer, but I still use mine it to analyze and make test on ME3 with PCC saving, sha1 file hashing, handling unreal properties, creating new tfc archives, learning SQLite on C# and much more I don't remember now... so I put the exe very-pre-alpha-bellding-edge version of my texture explorer, just for fun.
With it you can:
- search textures on direct texture tree or by pcc file, now only for default game, I'm still trying to make an expansion to include dlcs.
- preview images
- extracting and replacing textures
- when replacing default behaviour is to compress pcc files with zlib compression to make them smaller
If you want to test it and if you don't own an "only english&italian" version of ME3 I suggest you to rebuild the database (just go to "Database"->"Rebuild Database")

P.S. this is only a test version and ONLY for ME3, use it at your own risk. I haven't tested yet but it could cause conflicts with saltisgood texplorer, because it uses a different pcc saving method. Again, use it at your own risk :)

link -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?59vr9j6juy5lcqu
My multiplayer ID: AmaroK86_64

AmaroK86 has been thanked by:
AmaroK86
Emeritus

Have thanks: 36 time

Re: Alternative ME3 Texture Explorer

Postby Didact2401 » 04 Mar 2013, 06:51

I really like the GUI on this. I'll go ahead and test out how it works on some of the trickier texture replacements, but I'll go ahead and request that you add Modmaker support.

EDIT: Looks like you don't synch duplicate file names - which in some cases is good I've found. Just needs mod making support.
Didact2401
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby AmaroK86 » 04 Mar 2013, 08:53

Didact2401 wrote:but I'll go ahead and request that you add Modmaker support.

Ok you got me, that's a feature I was thinking about but more advanced: I was thinking about a compressed zip file that contains all textures needed to replace on game, like the tpf file for texmod;
i.e. a "LiaraSuit.atm" file that contains:
- ASA_ARM_LIAa_Diff.dds
- ASA_ARM_LIAa_Norm.dds
- ASA_ARM_LIAa_Spec.dds
- ASA_ARM_LIAa_Spwr.dds
- config.ini (a configuration file where you can store author's name, e-mail, website to download it etc.)
you just double-click on the file and ta-da! the import is done!
But it's a complex feature, for now I only managed to correctly use file zip import/export, maybe in a month it's done.
AmaroK86
Emeritus

Postby WarrantyVoider » 04 Mar 2013, 09:11

@amarok: awesome as always... ;p
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby AmaroK86 » 12 Mar 2013, 09:03

Small update of my texture replacer (version 0.0.2): since last week I have a "working" ME3 game ;) so now I splitted the game in 2 folders, 1 for multi and 1 for singleplayer. With this update you can change default game location on "Options" -> "Preferences" menu.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?deqbi85scwlcntb

Screenshots:

WarrantyVoider wrote:@amarok: awesome as always... ;p

AmaroK86
Emeritus

Postby Luk3us » 14 Mar 2013, 08:10

Awesome little tool, its a bit more user friendly than the one built into the ME3 explorer. Happy I don't have to use Texmod any more. :)

Luk3us has been thanked by:
Luk3us
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby AmaroK86 » 25 Mar 2013, 18:21

another small update (v0.0.3), I have extended the preferences; now, thanks to recent discovery of toc.bin structure, you can insert new hd images inside another .tfc file when replacing textures. Here's a screenshot to show you more clearly:

download v0.0.3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6diadxpjq8nxj55

AmaroK86
Emeritus

Postby AmaroK86 » 01 Apr 2013, 00:22

Well here it is, the first version with my mod support (v0.1.0.0).
Added a "Mod -> Import" Menu entry to load .atm mods. These mods are just a simple renamed zip with the following structure:
- a config.ini file that contains info about the mod (name, version, description, author, his/her email & website)
- dds or tga textures to replace. these textures MUST have the name of the textures that they want to replace, so f.e. the texture that replaces Diff texture of Liara's suit has the name "ASA_ARM_LIAa_Diff.dds". It must have the same texture format (DXT1 in this example) and it must contain mipmaps when the original texture has them.

I've made a folder on mediafire with a few example mods about Liara, Garrus, Tali & Miranda; just download them, open the program, load the mods and it's done. If you want to know what's inside just rename them from .atm to .zip and extract the content. When you'll understand the structure you'll can make mods by your own :)

folder of mods -> http://www.mediafire.com/?dsb0dwcp0rsa7

ME3 Texture Explorer v0.1 -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xc1m9jm8686a88u

screenshots:

Enjoy them!

AmaroK86
Emeritus

Postby AmaroK86 » 19 Apr 2013, 16:09

Another update of my texture explorer (v0.2.0.0).
- Get rid of readdxt.exe, now images are internally displayed.
- Added a "Mod -> Create" Menu entry, now you can create your own .atm modfile using a gui.

ME3 Texture Explorer v0.2 -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7ijp86pvg80tcfv

main gui:

texture replace selection:

AmaroK86
Emeritus

Postby Mimi » 19 Apr 2013, 22:32

Looks very nice and user-friendly!!! Thank you for that.
Mimi
Modder

Have thanks: 3 time

Next

Return to Third-Party Utilities