Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ashley makeover mod questions

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Re: AVPen Tutorial: Adding custom textures to a DLC-mod

Postby Praedor » 29 Nov 2015, 18:21

Son of a... I THOUGHT I was about done and ready to make my mods as DLC BUT Texplorer is borking it. I placed un-modded pcc files into my DLC folder and did the texplorer tree scan as indicated above but when I go in to change the textures so I can generate a customtexture tfc file Texplorer collapses.

First: it is listing multiple instances of the same texture! For Ashley's ASHc texture (the romance texture) it lists it twice, once for the hospital (it is NOT in the hospital scene) and then a separate, second time for the romance pccs. I can change the image/texture for the bogus hospital entry but any time I try and select the romance instance Texplorer crashes and it also will crash if I try and display the image for romance pcc too. Then there's a mipmap problem. These are UNMODDED pcc files yet when I try to change the default normal map for Liara's facemask with another for a helmet, even though the new normal map is BIGGER (512x512 vs the original 128x128) it errors out with "Mipmaps required: 10, only have 9" I look at the mipmaps listed and it has the 4x4 size listed 4 times! the highest resolution is still just 128x128 but it has managed to have 10 mipmaps, 4 of which are the same 4x4 size.

Absurd! This is rev717.
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

Cannot add NEW content via DLC?

Postby Praedor » 30 Nov 2015, 12:29

I have recently released my comprehensive Ashley makeover mods as DLC. I do not have the CE game, just vanilla, so I'm lacking the dlc that gives Ash the pink catsuit. I tried to include the pcc files for that dlc in my dlc so I could offer a new armor in place of that suit but when I do a texplorer scan of the dlc content in prep of finishing the dlc mod, the pcc files from the CE dlc fails to scan so I cannot include them in my dlc. What is it about those pcc files that prevents me from scanning them and including them in my dlc? For a vanilla game like mine it would be adding new content but I'm stuck. Any ideas?
Praedor
User

Re: Cannot add NEW content via DLC?

Postby FemShep » 30 Nov 2015, 16:14

They probably have a startup file. Do these outfits only unlock if the user has the original DLC?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Praedor » 30 Nov 2015, 17:04

FemShep wrote:They probably have a startup file. Do these outfits only unlock if the user has the original DLC?

That I'm not sure of. I'd hoped to simply add them to my DLC, providing all with an additional armor/texture model for Ashley. Turns out that not only can my own Texplorer not scan the files, but someone just let me know that on their own Collector's Edition they cannot scan the original pccs with Texplorer. Perhaps there is some sort of startup file. The original DLC was an "OnlinePass" DLC of some sort. The DLC itself is not available for purchase or download otherwise and now only comes with Collector's Edition.
Praedor
User

Postby FemShep » 30 Nov 2015, 22:30

You can still get it. That DLC is the deluxe edition. You can buy it (deluxe edition upgrade. May nred to use origins web site instead) for $10 on origin as the deluxe edition upgrade. I did it a few weeks ago.

The game used to have online passes and that included it. The CE at the end meant itbwas collectors edition extras. It was named terribly.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby Praedor » 30 Nov 2015, 22:54

OK, maybe I'll look into it.
Praedor
User

Postby Praedor » 01 Dec 2015, 10:29

The issue of in inability to scan the CE dlc even comes up in the actual CE, apparently. It may be an issue with texplorer though. I was informed that repeated attempts to scan the CE online pass dlc failed with the CE edition to but that it took repeated attempts and perhaps some version switching around to finally get the dlc textures to be seen and added to the me3tree.bin. I myself have switched from rev717 to 718 to get around some squirrelly issues with tree scanning but have been unsuccessful in getting any character_02.pcc textures to be seen. I can get neither Liara's nor Ashley's CE dlc files to scan.
Praedor
User

Postby FemShep » 01 Dec 2015, 18:21

I don't do texture mods (too much work), sorry mate...
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby Praedor » 02 Dec 2015, 02:24

I tried again but failed again. The error spit out by Texplorer is this:
6:39:45 PM: Scanning PCC: I:\ME3\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_GETO01\CookedPCConsole\BioH_Liara_02.pcc failed. Reason: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Texture archive not found in I:\ME3\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_OnlinePassHidCE\CookedPCConsole\Textures_DLC_OnlinePassHidCE.tfc
at KFreonLib.Textures.ME3SaltTexture2D.DumpImg(ImageSize imgSize, String archiveDir) in s:\GitHub\Repos\ME3\ME3Explorer\KFreonLib\Textures\ME3SaltTexture2D.cs:line 1437
at KFreonLib.Textures.TreeTexInfo..ctor(IPCCObject temppcc, Int32 ExpID, Int32 WhichGame, String pathBIOGame, String ExecPath, Boolean& Success) in s:\GitHub\Repos\ME3\ME3Explorer\KFreonLib\Textures\TexInfo.cs:line 270
at ME3Explorer.Texplorer2.DeepScanPCC(String filename) in s:\GitHub\Repos\ME3\ME3Explorer\ME3Explorer\Texplorer2.cs:line 872

This seems to suggest that the texture location is encoded in the pcc? The whole point of scanning the pccs in the new DLC is to create a custom texture.tfc but these files fail to scan because texplorer cannot find them in a nonexistent tfc beforehand.
Praedor
User

Postby AVPen » 03 Dec 2015, 06:45

Praedor wrote:I tried again but failed again. The error spit out by Texplorer is this:
6:39:45 PM: Scanning PCC: I:\ME3\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_GETO01\CookedPCConsole\BioH_Liara_02.pcc failed. Reason: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Texture archive not found in I:\ME3\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_OnlinePassHidCE\CookedPCConsole\Textures_DLC_OnlinePassHidCE.tfc
at KFreonLib.Textures.ME3SaltTexture2D.DumpImg(ImageSize imgSize, String archiveDir) in s:\GitHub\Repos\ME3\ME3Explorer\KFreonLib\Textures\ME3SaltTexture2D.cs:line 1437
at KFreonLib.Textures.TreeTexInfo..ctor(IPCCObject temppcc, Int32 ExpID, Int32 WhichGame, String pathBIOGame, String ExecPath, Boolean& Success) in s:\GitHub\Repos\ME3\ME3Explorer\KFreonLib\Textures\TexInfo.cs:line 270
at ME3Explorer.Texplorer2.DeepScanPCC(String filename) in s:\GitHub\Repos\ME3\ME3Explorer\ME3Explorer\Texplorer2.cs:line 872

This seems to suggest that the texture location is encoded in the pcc? The whole point of scanning the pccs in the new DLC is to create a custom texture.tfc but these files fail to scan because texplorer cannot find them in a nonexistent tfc beforehand.

I highlighted and underlined the major issue you're running into - because from what I gather you do not have the actual DLC content of the Collectors Edition (save for the Ashley and Liara pcc files from the CE), you do not have the TFC file of that DLC where the textures for those pcc files are located (hence one of the reasons why it's not getting scanned in Texplorer).
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion