Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ashley texture and mesh modifications

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Re: ReplacingAshley's pink catsuit with Ajax armour.

Postby WarrantyVoider » 26 Jul 2013, 21:30

now I think it was a good idea to put this up. there are alot possible error positions in the process, but theres f.e. no such thing as pcc to uPk (uDk is the environment) conversion...

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby realsurvivor686 » 27 Jul 2013, 00:46

Ok then. Plan B: Use N7 Engineer Mesh, chop off its head and then use that instead. Possible?
realsurvivor686
User

Have thanks: 30 time

Postby realsurvivor686 » 31 Jul 2013, 14:51

Progress Update:

Thanks to Getorex of BSN I was able to get the proper mesh. Turns out it was a bone issue and Getorex was kind enough to rebone the mesh for me.

Here's some pictures of the mod in question:

realsurvivor686
User

Postby survivor686 » 31 Jul 2013, 14:51

Next step is to put a proper helmet on her face.
survivor686

How to hide hair on squad mates

Postby realsurvivor686 » 02 Aug 2013, 18:54

Hello All,

So I manged to convince a helmet onto Ashley's Pink and White suit (her blue helmet). Yet when I load the game her hair burst through it.

I know on the coalesced you have the "bHideHair=True" option for Shepard's helmet. Yet the same doesn't exist for squadmates.

I've tried examining the PCCs to see if "bHideHair=True" even exists. No luck.
I've examined the Coalesced for the Collector's Edition DLC (where her pink suit comes from). That particular ini is very sparse.

Any other places where squad mate hair conditions are located?
realsurvivor686
User

Postby realsurvivor686 » 14 Aug 2013, 13:04

esting out the new headpiece for Ashley's Spectre Suit. Thoughts?

You may notice that the monocle is black. I'd like to say it was a design choice, but I tinkered around with the materials and this is the best I could get. The colour and/or material for the glowing parts of the monocle is stored in a separate file.

I ended up giving Ashley a combat bun (the bun's mesh and textures are from Church0071 of me3explorer). With the default hair, it ends up clipping into the monocle. Besides I was lead to believe that most militaries insist that hair length be kept to a minimum.

[/quote]
realsurvivor686
User

Postby realsurvivor686 » 17 Aug 2013, 02:36

And Ta Da! The final version of Ashley's spectre suit has been uploaded. Comes in two flavors for those whom want a choice (Warning will require the Collector's Editon pack to be used, the regular armour is too finicky to mess with)

With visor and bun (The Visor's monocle is animated!)

With suit only

Perhaps now that we can edit materials in me3explorer I might give her a kuwashii. But for now I'm headed back to ME3 for some honest single player gameplay.
realsurvivor686
User

Postby realsurvivor686 » 18 Aug 2013, 22:49

Managed to fix the weird glowing "shoot me why don't you glow" on Ashley's monocle. Except for that mission on "Leviathan: Find Garneau", the glow is reduced to more normal levels.

Its still animated though. I would be grateful if someone could confirm that it works.

Some pictures.
realsurvivor686
User

Ashley texture and mesh modifications

Postby realsurvivor686 » 11 Jan 2014, 11:14

Hello all,

Just wondering haas anyone ever encountered these weird issues
Issue 1:
- In 3ds max I remove somes bones and then export ask psk
- Open up psk and find that the number of bones hasn't changed
- Try ti import the resulting upk package and me3explorer refuses to do so stating that the number of bones of the new mesh is different from the old one.

I suspect that 3ds is not exporting the new bone set with the psk. I've double checked the Is there any option I could toggle to force this?

I remember in the old me3explorer i could force the import of the mesh and there would be no issues. Is there a way to toggle this?

Issue 2:

The hair on the character tears through the helmet. Did you ever encounter this when working on your mods?
realsurvivor686
User

Re: Mesh export issues (Bones and tearing)

Postby WarrantyVoider » 11 Jan 2014, 17:42

you have to keep the skeleton and bone count, theres no way around, but you can change for each loc/rot. what does udk say how many bones it has?

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion