Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

bad endings can be right sometimes

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

bad endings can be right sometimes

Postby Deager » 09 Apr 2016, 17:10

So, I decided I needed to put myself through LIME - The Cycle Continues. At the beginning of ME3, I was seriously dreading it. But, since I was already on a pragmatic run, I had all sorts of things falling apart. Doing my best to actually react to situations and take my cue from Broshep's acting, surprisingly I sided with the Geth and for the first time watched Tali commit suicide. I've chatted up people very little and heard interesting dialogue when I finally did decide to talk to people. I couldn't talk Ash down and watched as EDI shot her. I was going to not cure the genophage but I was playing that Shep was starting to crack, so when Mordin turned and walked, it didn't seem right to pull the trigger. Traynor didn't speak up about Sanctuary because I hadn't been nice to her and instead EDI had to speak instead. And many other things.

All that to say, even without LIME - TCC, Mass Effect can have quite the ending if people are ok with tragic tales. Now, I don't like when my only options involve crappy options. And you can bet MEHEM will get it's go next run, but surprisingly, I'm almost to the end and I can't wait to see it. In fact, I may adjust LIME - TCC to replace the stargazer video with the alien woman and kid and instead show some kind of flashback of the Reapers killing and maybe some vids of your squadmates. You know, to really leave no hope at the end. Well, maybe that's too much. That might put some people in the fetal position.

Speaking of MEHEM...Fob, are you really going to do v0.6? I know you were looking into some serious technical changes involving subtitles and actual audio coming through properly on "voice" channels and such. I'm kind of holding off with my MEHEM run until 0.6, unless it's not happening. No pressure or anything. It's not like even with graphic mods, which should be the most popular, you still have the most popular mod on Nexus. ;)
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: bad endings can be right sometimes

Postby Deager » 10 Apr 2016, 02:28

And I just finished with the cycle continuing. Uh, yeah, I'll just not change the stargazer video as I knew what was coming and it still was actually more depressing than my first trilogy run...and I actually had the Extended Cut for my first run, and stupidly chose synthesis. Dang, good thing only 52 people downloaded it. That is some seriously messed up crap I made there.
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 10 Apr 2016, 14:24

@Deager -- LOL. You seem to like emotionally torturing yourself. Why do you do this? Ick :(

My initial ME experience went like this:

Play ME2 1x, romance Thane, Everyone survives the SM, Thane and Shep get to snuggle in the cabin, Pink bunnies and rainbows!! >>>> Play ME3, Thane dies, FemShep dies in Vanilla destroy, Lots of other people die! dieDieDIE!!

****. That. Shite.

Why did I die? I didn't understand the GAW system. I specifically tried to *not* trigger Reaper system attacks. I figured that was bad. So, I didn't do it and missed all sorts of war assets. Between that, the horrid quest log, and I was relatively new to the series, I had a hard time keeping track of how to complete the quests and ended up missing even more things. And then, oh yeah, that was before BW backpedaled and removed/lowered the MP requirements.

So yeah, screw all that.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Deager » 10 Apr 2016, 15:44

The GAW and EMS I didn't get either. Granted, had I used my brain I could have gone destroy and had Shep live but even then, at the expense of EDI and the geth which would have sucked. No way I was doing control and while I did want to refuse, that didn't seem logical. So...I sacrificed the hero to save everyone else.

LIME - TCC actually wasn't too torturous long term. I slept fine last night, wasn't even bummed last night, but I was like, "What have I done! This is so amazingly bleak!" Or I think of it this way. Can you imagine what people would have said if that was the official ending where literally nothing matters in the end? In that way LIME - TCC may be the worst ending possible.

I doubt I'll do it since I have some tricky routing and renaming to do, but it would kind of cool to have both LIME versions in one package. The tricky part is I need a conditional check earlier in the ending files, before the 910 file loads, to determine which path to take. Then I get the fun of renaming tons of files and any other files associated with them. It's not impossible as I did that bit with BIOP_NOR to BIOP_CEM, but to do this for more than one plot file and its dependencies...ugh. I don't know. And I honestly don't know how to do the conditional setup. I see in the sequence editor how the game does the EMS check so I guess, in theory, I could do it. But with so few downloads I think it's not really worth it. At this point, most people kind of know what they want out of the game.

ninjaEDIT: Oh right, why do I do this with regards to emotional torture? Really, I was mostly curious. Sure, you make a mod, you see the clip, you get the idea. But to really experience it, it has to be part of a full trilogy run. Dozens of hours, if not 100 in total need to be spent to really get the full effect and I really did want to know what it felt like for real. So, we'll call it data gathering or science or something. I doubt I'll ever use LIME - TCC again though. /ninjaEDIT
Deager
Modder

Return to Off Topic