Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Beta 2.0.1

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Beta 2.0.1

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 24 Apr 2016, 19:08

This is a pretty big update with lots of cool stuff, so be sure to read the Additional Changes

Issues Resolved
#255(Suggestion: Skel Mesh imports (ME3Creator)): Kinkojiro
When importing a SkeletalMesh Object with ME3Creator, the name references in the binary will get changed.

#336(Package Editors, Missing Features): Giftfish
ME1 and ME2 package editors updated with some new features. See issue for list.

#335(ME3Creator: Importing size: 1 byteproperties): Kinkojiro
ME3Creator imports and displays size 1 byteprops correctly

#311(Suggestion: Property Database menu re-order): Kinkojiro
Menu re-ordered as suggested

#306(PCCEd2 PropertyView ObjectProperty labels unclear): Giftfish
label changed from name to objectName to make it clearer that it isn't a NameProperty

#309(ME3Creator: Save As featurer): FemShep
Kept Save, and added Save As

#307(ME3Creator: When selecting name for link/name auto-select "New Name" if typing into text field): FemShep

#327(PCC Repacker Buttons don't show all text on scaling): FemShep
Buttons should auto-size now.

Additional Changes
  • Overhaul of display and editing of properties in the ME3 Interpreter. This was extensive enough that I gave it it's own thread.
  • Added ME2 Dialogue Editor
  • ME3 SequenceEditor: Displays all input links, with their names
    Spoiler:
  • Renamed PCC Editor2 to PCC Editor
  • You can now drag and drop a file onto the ME3 PCC Editor, Sequence Editor, or Dialogue editor to open it.
  • ME3 PCC Editor: You can now edit imports
  • ME3 PCC Editor: Tree View loads much more quickly
  • ME3 PCC Editor: Can now edit Archetype and Index of Exports
  • ME3 PCC Editor: Hex Editing and the GoTo# box work in Tree View
  • AutoTOC: Generates TOCs much more quickly by not displaying the name of every file added to the TOC.
  • ME3Creator: When importing an object with an array of names, those names will be updated to work in the new file.
  • InterpViewer: SFXSceneGroups are displayed
  • Removed the ability to set the language of the toolset because all it did was set a few buttons to German and cause bugs
  • Removed Material Editor because it did absolutely nothing.
  • Removed command line options for TOC Editing. There's no reason to ever edit TOCs. Just use the AutoTOC command line option to generate a new one.
  • A ton of code restructuring and removal of old unused stuff. Except for the three things mentioned above, this was all internal stuff that won't affect users, but it will make further development easier.

Get It Here
(Disclaimer: This is a beta release, so the only person who has tested any of this is me. That means there will be bugs, and you will encounter them. When you do, please make a bug report on Github so that they can be fixed.)

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Beta 2.0.1

Postby giftfish » 24 Apr 2016, 19:48

@Sir --

"Renamed PCC Editor2 to PCC Editor"

Next beta what do you think about renaming this again to "Package Editor". ME1 doesn't have PCCs, and it's the only way to future-proof if we ever combine all 3 games into the same tool :)

Dude... I can't wait to try all this stuff. And SFXSceneGroups?? Yaaaaaaaaay.

....ME2 Dialogue Editor!!!!!!!!! Omg, moar THANE.

Okay, is it my birthday? After reading that list I feel like it's my birthday. Sir, I might love you. Really. There is so much win here I can't even explain...just... omg!!!

Kinko is going to flip his ****. >.>
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Deager » 24 Apr 2016, 20:12

Holy crap! ME2 dialogue editor, edit imports! I have to try this out. I mean, sure, yeah, I can do that in freak'n hex but really!? Edit imports! Now the problem is, what the heck to do with all these new toys. And the sequence editor is just really nice with the names. I had finally figured out what 0,1, and 2 meant in most cases but now it'll be super clear.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby The Fob » 24 Apr 2016, 20:33

Changes sound great. Thanks!
Got to say, all these changes come just in the nick of time as I am getting into some updates again. Using the tool these days as compared to 1-2 years ago is a whole different experience. Thanks for all the changes!
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 24 Apr 2016, 20:34

I'm getting seriously excited for the GUI overhaul at this point.

Once I wrap up with updates for the wiki I'll get to the next mock up, wewt!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 24 Apr 2016, 21:31

So, uh, it looks like ME3Creator might be broken in this release. Luckily the fix is simple. just drop this file into the folder with the exe in it and everything should work.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby FemShep » 25 Apr 2016, 01:46

The removal of command line toc breaks significant amounts of my build tools. I want to toc a mod, not against the game. I can't Autotoc something unless it is installed, and specifically, you can't add DLC mods to MP so there's no real option for this.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 25 Apr 2016, 02:40

AutoTOC can generate a TOC in any folder that starts with "DLC_" It does not require the mod to be installed.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby FemShep » 25 Apr 2016, 14:43

Yes, but I am not working in a folder with those names. You cannot install a custom DLC that will work for MP. So I take the existing toc from MP and edit it externally via a script that does everything for me. For my SP mods it would rub Autotoc but for MP it would do toceditorupdate. Since you don't ship full DLCs in this instance Autotoc is not the tool to use.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby FemShep » 25 Apr 2016, 23:34

Thanks @Sir for the restore. If you want to hide the TOC editor I can rework a bit of code so you don't have to have it visible (Back before I didn't know C# I just had it simulate a button click). I'll see if I can resubmit my pull to beta tonight. Gotta learn how to rebase to another branch...
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Next

Return to New Releases