Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Beta 2.0.10

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Beta 2.0.10

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 01 Jul 2016, 04:12

Curve Editor Progress
  • The coordinates for the selected key is shown in the upper right.
  • You can add a key by right clicking on the graph and selecting "Add Key", which will add that key right where you clicked.
  • If you right click on a key you can do all sorts of fun things like: delete it, change it's time, change its value, and break or flatten the tangents.

FaceFXEditor Progress
  • Everything in the above section also applies to the FaceFX Editor.
  • The properties for each line can now be edited. (Path, ID, Name, etc.)

Unless someone finds a nasty bug that prevents them from modding, I don't intend to post another release until the GUI overhaul is ready for use, which should be sometime in July. It's going to be so much prettier (the main window at least). You'll wonder how you ever beared to look upon the old ME3Explorer. And it won't just be a graphical update. It will also feature a rewrite of unreal package handling code that will allow awesome things like tools that support all 3 games (just Package Editor, Sequence Editor, and Dialog Editor to start with), and crazy things like importing exports from the other two games and even UDK (that's probably of limited use since things change between games in such a way that a lot of imported exports wouldn't work, but it might be useful for something. Plus it's cool.)

Get It Here
(Disclaimer: This is a beta release, so the only person who has tested any of this is me. That means there will be bugs, and you will encounter them. When you do, please make a bug report on Github so that they can be fixed.)

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Beta 2.0.10

Postby giftfish » 01 Jul 2016, 04:23

Dude.

I'm so excited!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Deager » 01 Jul 2016, 17:02

Holy crap. Thanks SirCxyrtyx!
The weather is great on this long weekend but I think I'll be in my office using this bad boy.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Deager » 01 Jul 2016, 19:25

The only "issue" is if something has no key frames, you can't add to it without me3explorer crashing. I have a hunch the work around is to simply add a key to it by massaging list 3 in hex and then taking one away from one next to it or something. One way or another HxD should be workable right now and I currently have little need for this since Jaw+ is the most crucial animation thing and it's basically used in all animations.
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 01 Jul 2016, 19:49

Deager wrote:The only "issue" is if something has no key frames, you can't add to it without me3explorer crashing. I have a hunch the work around is to simply add a key to it by massaging list 3 in hex and then taking one away from one next to it or something. One way or another HxD should be workable right now and I currently have little need for this since Jaw+ is the most crucial animation thing and it's basically used in all animations.

Submit a bug report on Git, please :)

I also found one more bug, just during some very quick testing last night. I'm almost certain it's in the old editor as well, and I still need to submit a report, myself.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 01 Jul 2016, 19:53

Will do. I can attest to how awesome this is. I just did a line for Steve; a simple truncation. Had the whole thing done in under 25 minutes. This includes creating the afc, linking to the afc, editing the lines and then, my favorite part, dragging the specific mouth animations from the "_m" version over to the "_f" version and save. Done. That easy. Perfect lip sync.
EDIT: The 25 minutes included testing time /EDIT :)

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

Postby Deager » 01 Jul 2016, 21:24

I also should point out that it's even easier to work around the "adding a key frame if there is none there and it crashes" thing. Just drag and drop for that thing you want from another animation which has at least one keyframe and then do what you want.

This is such a huge tool to have. I've also realized how the animations work together so I can change the timing on things to match the timing of the new lines...what a tool set.
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 01 Jul 2016, 23:37

Deager wrote:This is such a huge tool to have. I've also realized how the animations work together so I can change the timing on things to match the timing of the new lines...what a tool set.

I'm going to be pestering you very soon, lol.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 22 Jul 2016, 18:17

@Sir -- The TLK Manager broke at some point between the stable and now.

Putting up an issue on Git, just wanted to put up a post here, so folks know.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to New Releases