Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Beta 2.0.4

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Beta 2.0.4

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 08 May 2016, 02:20

Issues Resolved
#358(Package Ed - Index box needs to be bigger): Kinkojiro
Index input in Meta Data Editor tab is wider.

#362(Beta 2.0.3 (bugs minor) Sequence Editor - ShowMsg and SeqVarStr): Kinkojiro
Can add SeqVars to sequence without exception being thrown. Various SeqActs that had no input links should have them now.

#361(Interpreter Missing Expand/Collapse All ): Giftfish
Right click on a node to bring up a context menu allowing you to expand/collapse a node and all of its children.

Additional Changes
  • ME3 Package Editor: The embedded Interpreter would display some things incorrectly if a new pcc was opened.
  • ME3 Package Editor: Header Raw tab is editable.
  • ME3 Sequence Editor: Displays all sequences in a file now. Before, when it found a Main Sequence, it would stop looking and just load the children of Main Sequence.
  • Hex Editor: If you copy hex, you can now paste it as text elsewhere. Useful for pasting something into the Hex Converter.

Get It Here
(Disclaimer: This is a beta release, so the only person who has tested any of this is me. That means there will be bugs, and you will encounter them. When you do, please make a bug report on Github so that they can be fixed.)

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Beta 2.0.4

Postby giftfish » 21 May 2016, 19:30

@Sir -- Due to the current saving bug in PackEd, what's the best version of the toolset right now? The stable?

I don't want to be creating borked files right as I get back into modding, arg...
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 22 May 2016, 00:36

Well, I've been using 2.0.4 as well as many iterations of pre-2.0.5 to make the Aria mod I'm working on and haven't had any trouble with saving in PackEd. The problem Kinkojiro was having was file-size differences when he just changed an integer, but I think the files still worked for him, it just meant he needed to AutoTOC again. So, I'd say just use 2.0.4 and make sure to backup your modded files whenever you make a big change.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 23 May 2016, 18:24

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Well, I've been using 2.0.4 as well as many iterations of pre-2.0.5 to make the Aria mod I'm working on and haven't had any trouble with saving in PackEd. The problem Kinkojiro was having was file-size differences when he just changed an integer, but I think the files still worked for him, it just meant he needed to AutoTOC again. So, I'd say just use 2.0.4 and make sure to backup your modded files whenever you make a big change.

I was specifically talking about what's going on with Git issue #368. Is that only relevant to the alt-save method? So, standard save is working correctly? I wasn't completely clear on that.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby FemShep » 23 May 2016, 18:31

It seems one of the saving methods (in code, save to file, but in the interface itself is is labeled as alt save) tries to optimize where it appends data to, and if the name table is not in the beginning of the file as normal, it will write new export data directly over the name table. Sounds like he was going to remove it, but alt save in the interface for both stable and the /current/ beta is broken when a name has been added it seems.

It sounds like the savetofile() (aka "alt save") is being removed though. So I don't think 2.0.5 and after will be an issue anymore. Will still be in stable.

The title of my issue I think is because of this bug, it essentially overwrote the name table with a bunch of the same repeating data so it made the classes all appear wrong (2da...something).
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Return to New Releases