Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

BioEvtSysTrackSubtitles Actors

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Re: TUTORIAL: Dialogue Editing

Postby giftfish » 04 Nov 2015, 14:40

@Deager -- Yeah, I need a duplicate copy of me to have the time to describe in detail all the types of matinee objects I've located and how to edit them, lol.

Subtitle tracks are used in animcutscenes, which is why you'll find them in non-localized PCCs. For animcutscenes, the main interp/interpdatas are in the non-loc PCC. The subs are created via subtitle tracks and the VO via wwiseevent tracks that import the audio from the LOC PCC. In a "normal" dialogue these two functions are blended into the VOElements tracks that reference both the VO_play and sub in the same matinee track. From what I can tell, the different approaches are used due to the more complex nature of animcutscenes; it allows BW to have more control over things when there are many speakers, etc.

SirCxyrtyx discovered a while back that every type of matinee track has an "enable/disable" track parameter. This is visible (but not editable) in the Interp Editor; it's the reverse in PCCEd2. So far I haven't needed to look into where in the hex for each track it actually occurs, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to find it anyway -- hard to spot (at least for me), since it would be all zeros.

Pretty sure I mentioned the subtitle tracks in one of my Thane romance scene posts in the Matinee/animcutscene research threads, so maybe take a look over there to see if there's any other info you can use :]

giftfish

Postby Deager » 04 Nov 2015, 19:31

Thanks. I'll see what I can dig up. Basically, I had a lot of fun getting nearly everything to work, it's just that blasted mouth animation still happens so I have to learn how to move that on the timeline or whatever it is I need to do to stop it and it sounds like, yes, it's the base pcc file and not the INT.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 04 Nov 2015, 19:51

Deager wrote:Thanks. I'll see what I can dig up. Basically, I had a lot of fun getting nearly everything to work, it's just that blasted mouth animation still happens so I have to learn how to move that on the timeline or whatever it is I need to do to stop it and it sounds like, yes, it's the base pcc file and not the INT.

FaceFX are problematic. Try placing the ftime less than 0 (like -1.2). This usually disables the FaceFX and the spoken line.

giftfish

Postby Deager » 05 Nov 2015, 04:52

giftfish wrote:FaceFX are problematic. Try placing the ftime less than 0 (like -1.2). This usually disables the FaceFX and the spoken line.

Mordin, "Problematic." I hate FaceFX. If I understood you correctly, it was a _sub object, in this case, object 273 in BioD_End002_100Opening.pcc that had the 757906 line I'm trying to get rid of the facial animation. Subtitle and voice are easy to remove by moving ahead on the timeline but not the facial animation. So, I started with a fresh 100Opening file and tried the ftime ssetting of -1.2 and the stupid facial animation still played. Unless I'm not tracking properly on your thread here, which is quite possible.

post13965.html#p13965

If anyone sees my error, let me know please. Like I said, I can get rid of the subtitle and the sound, I just can't get rid of the facial animation of Shep doing the lip movement. If all else fails, I can try to find some sounds or something else for Shep to say there, but I'd prefer silence for the effect.

Thanks anyone and thanks giftfish for the info. You've got me closer than I was before.
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 05 Nov 2015, 14:31

@Deager -- Hm, I'm pretty sure I figured out how to do it during my romance scene research earlier this year. I'll try to review my notes a bit later today. But yes, FXA is the bane of our existence right now.
giftfish

Postby Deager » 07 Nov 2015, 04:41

giftfish wrote:@Deager -- Hm, I'm pretty sure I figured out how to do it during my romance scene research earlier this year. I'll try to review my notes a bit later today. But yes, FXA is the bane of our existence right now.

If you got it, hats off to you. I just did a pure hex search. While only two values show (subtitle and the actual audio) I found the float 3 total times for each Shep. Changed all of them and...stupid FXA still plays. Not a good sign. I think I just have to accept the lip movement and either move the camera shot at that point (not ideal as it's a good establishing shot) or have Shep say something else. Or, keep it and work with it.

But if you do find anything in your notes, let me know. Crazy, crazy deal.
Deager
Modder

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 04:14

In case anybody sees this, here's the answer from Kinkojiro.

You need to edit the tlk reference in the actor who is saying these lines.

I am guessing that is the child SFXStuntActor in 500Choice.
1984 has a SFXSimpleUseModule (1979). This has nothing in it, so need to look for the archetype 98.

98 SFXSimpleUseModule is 1975. In it (object 1975) you will see m_srGameName set to 611713

Change this.

The "change this" would be to set it to EDI's value which is 188353. In case you're wondering how we find these values, their from the tlk of the main game. After extracting the tlk to an xml file and opening in Notepad++, you can search for >Child< and >EDI< to find the strings. And yes, it's a little confusing because there are two >Child< ones you'll find.
Deager
Modder

Previous

Return to Modders' Help