Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Black background when deploying turret

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

Black background when deploying turret

Postby ledbetterman » 28 Jul 2015, 17:49

EDIT:
I've been able to isolate the issue to the Galaxy Map Mod v0.52. When removed, the appropriate graphic shows up (from what I can tell, it's a hazy circular bloom-looking texture). Currently GMM v0.52 is replacing said VFX texture with a solid black box. I've reported this bug in the GMM in its development thread here:
http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/galaxy-map-mod-t1514-450.html

Original Post:

I'm playing as an engineer in ME3, and when I deploy a sentry turret, the ground explosion appears as a black box for a frame or two. Anytime a combat drone attacks an enemy, the same black frame shows up for a split second. I know this is probably a missing alpha or mip map for one of the VFX textures, but I'm not sure which.

I have replaced the majority of the game textures with those found here and on the nexus. For the life of me, I cannot find the TPF that might have held the offending texture.

If anyone could point me to the right texture in the texture tree so I can fix this, that would be great! In thanks, I can provide a high-res version of whichever file needs fixing ;)

Also note that it happens when the sentry turret inevitably self-destructs.

Example of the deploying turret:

Example of the shocked enemy:

ledbetterman
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Return to Other People's Stuff