Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Can't Setup

User-centric area for specific questions & problems related to using ME3Explorer tools. This is not a modding "how to" area. Read the sticky before posting!

Can't Setup

Postby needhelpsetup » 15 Nov 2016, 02:13

I'm running Windows 10. I've reviewed how to setup the tools several times. Every time I try to simply open the tools for the first time, they crash. I cannot even get an initial setup to start. The moment I try to open the ME3Explorer.exe, it crashes. Every other .exe works without issue. I've tried compatibility modes, administrator mode, I've moved the ME3Explorer folder to every one of my hard drives, I've double checked to ensure I have Framework installed. I've done everything I can think of but the toolset still won't launch. Help?
needhelpsetup
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Can't Setup

Postby mmoblitz » 20 Nov 2016, 04:19

Having the same issue, only I was able to get mine setup the first time. A week later I started ME3 to install a mod and it crashed on the load screen with the "ME3 has stopped working" message from windows 10. The only thing that was changed on my computer in that time was an update to Java. I'm also running the latest version of windows 10 which worked during initial setup. I have an older version of ME3 explorer .717 and it works fine.

I removed ME3 explorer 3.0 and tired to do a new install and it won't do it at all this time. Like I said, the only change to computer during that week as far as I know, was a Java update. Any help would be appreciated.
mmoblitz
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Toolset Help