Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Conditional Fix for Matriarch Aethyta Dialogues

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Conditional Fix for Matriarch Aethyta Dialogues

Postby giftfish » 18 Jun 2014, 17:17

Some quick background, first. I've been chatting with JohnP on the TM forum and am in the processes of fixing a couple of the bugs in the Matriarch Aethyta dialogue with Liara that references her LI or potential LI. The basic problem stems from BW reshuffling plot events. Aethyta is only present before the coup and the two problematic dialogues uses a conditional that checks for ME3 romance bools. These bools aren't set until after the coup. So, all players--no matter who they romance--get the wrong dialogue during these conversations.

We inadvertently fixed one of these issues for TMv1.0 by editing conditional 545 to include Thane's ME3 romance bool. However, I recently found another convo of hers that needed fixing, and I thought it would be kind of nice to fix both convos for everyone and not just ThaneMOD users. I'm fixing both by creating a new conditional and editing the one checked during the dialogue accordingly.

For reference, the original conditional (545) is under the spoiler:
Spoiler:
((plot.bools[19722] == Bool true) || ((plot.bools[19724] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19283] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19726] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19725] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19723] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[20008] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19846] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19835] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[19838] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[21750] == Bool false) && (plot.ints[10320] >= 4) && (plot.bools[19727] == Bool false)))

The new conditional checks for a few things:
  • Liara's "rekindle" bool set near the beginning of ME3 (I didn't know this existed, so huge thanks to JohnP for letting me know, lol)
  • ME1/ME2 romance bools
  • Liara's ME3 relationship integer value
  • Sam/Steve/Kaidan's relationship integer values (new romances that won't have ME1/ME2 bools)

Here's the conditional and a description of each parameter:
Spoiler:
((plot.bools[21758] == Bool true) || ((plot.ints[10320] >= 6) && (plot.bools[19283] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[5208] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[3892] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[6286] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[5209] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[5751] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[5207] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[3926] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[14281] == Bool false) && (plot.bools[13960] == Bool false) && (((plot.ints[10320] > plot.ints[10337]) && (plot.bools[17662] == Bool true)) || ((plot.ints[10320] > plot.ints[10321]) && (plot.bools[17662] == Bool false)) || ((plot.ints[10349] <= 0) && (plot.ints[10409] <= 0) && (plot.bools[17662] == Bool false)))))

(Confirmed Liara ME1 romance)
OR

(Shep is close friends with Liara in ME3 & no Thane ME3 romance & no Jack ME2 romance & no Jacob ME2 romance & no Kelly ME2 romance & no Miranda ME2 romance & no Samara ME2 romance & no Garrus ME2 romance & no Tali ME2 romance & no Ashley ME1 romance & no Kaidan ME1 romance)
AND

(FemShep is better friends with Liara than Sam)
OR
(BroShep is better friends with Liara than Kaidan)
OR
(BroShep doesn't appear to be interested in Steve)

After testing it with 4 characters I'm running into one problem:

The check for Liara's integer value doesn't seem to be working. Failing this check should direct the conversation to entry 50 where Liara "denies" a relationship with Shepard. But, the only time during my testing this happens is when there is an ME1 or ME3 romance present. When I use a character that is attempting to romance Sam/Steve/Kaidan and their integers for those characters aren't greater than Liara's, they should still get entry 50 if their integer with Liara isn't set to at least 6. However, this isn't what is happening. I'm getting "panties" (entry 47) on this character.

I can't find anything wrong with my conditional expression or my logic in how I've created it. It should also be noted that the vanilla conditional uses the same parameter but it uses a value of 3 and not 6. I bumped this up to 6 for some reasons I won't go into. I've also tried "> 4" and ">= 4" and those haven't worked, either.

Does anyone see something I'm missing?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Conditional Fix for Matriarch Aethyta Dialogues

Postby giftfish » 18 Jun 2014, 19:57

Little bit more info on this.

I wanted to take the Steve/Kaidan integer issue out of the equation, so did a test with a female character who romanced Thane in ME2 but hadn't yet set his romance bool in ME3. She also didn't have an ME1 romance. Liara's integer value for the save I tested was set to 3. Sam's was set to 2. In the first test my character got entry 47 ("panties") and not entry 50. For the second test, I gibbed Sam's integer (10337) to 4. Once I did that I got entry 50 (the denial branch).

So, as far as I can tell, this is part of the expression that is being difficult: (plot.ints[10320] >= 6). All the ME2 and ME1 checks are a non-issue because all those will return with no romance (true). However, despite Sam's lower integer in the first test the conditional still should have failed since Liara's integer was lower than the designated value of 6.

conditional portion: ((plot.ints[10320] > plot.ints[10337]) && (plot.bools[17662] == Bool true))
result: 3>2 & Shep is female. Yes, this is true.

BUT

conditional portion: (plot.ints[10320] >= 6)
result: 3 >=6. No, this is false.

Anyone see a problem?
giftfish

Re: Conditional Fix for Matriarch Aethyta Dialogues

Postby giftfish » 20 Feb 2016, 16:29

Updating this with the relocation to Modders' Help.

The above issue was due to a bug in the Conditional Editor at the time.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Modders' Help