Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Consistent Crashing at Citadel: The Return

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

Consistent Crashing at Citadel: The Return

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 16:43

I've had a recent problem that's just appeared out of nowhere.

When crossing the bridge to get to Anderson in the final segment of the game, the game will freeze at the exact same location and go unresponsive.

This can't be an issue with mods. That segment worked fine with them before and nothing has changed. What's interesting is that all of my backups have also developed the same problem simultaneously.

I'm doing a clean install (since my vanilla backup is also affected) to see if that helps, but does anyone know what could be causing this?
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Re: Consistent Crashing at Citadel: The Return

Postby rusm0 » 25 May 2015, 19:40

The cynic in me says you're lucky. but to your question: What non-texture mods do you have installed?
rusm0
User

Have thanks: 17 time

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 21:54

rusm0 wrote:The cynic in me says you're lucky. but to your question: What non-texture mods do you have installed?

MEHEM, the Map-Only version of Kinkjiro's Galaxy Map Mod, AVPen's Bonus Power Packs and Stim Pack Bonus Power (which have given me issues with texture mods in the past) and the Extended Anderson Death Scene.

Doing a fresh install (predictably) fixed it, so it's not a matter of save game corruption. I haven't had issues with those mods at this location before. It's possible one of my TOC.bins got screwed up. I'll create a new backup, install everything again, and take my chances.
Epsilon330
User

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 22:10

After some testing I can confirm that the non-texture mods are not at fault.

The last thing I did before this started was modify the Hex values of the MEHEM folder to remove the stargazer scene. However, that was working with a PCC that wouldn't have fired at that point in the game. It also doesn't explain why the other backups stopped working, as they were not modified.

I'll start from scratch and see what happens. It could be I got careless with installation when trying to get the BPP mod to cooperate.
Epsilon330
User

Return to Other People's Stuff