Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Converting METPFs to TPFs ?

Area for texture-specific, modding-related discussion. Topics that involve models/meshes/actors go in the mesh area. As with other non-toolset related content, answers not guaranteed.

Converting METPFs to TPFs ?

Postby CreeperLava » 20 Nov 2015, 21:44

I have problems with Texmod, where I systematically end up with 0 bytes TPF files whenever I try to pack together a lot of DDS' (ie 1+Go) for ALOT. What I do know from a helper at Nexus ALOT forums, is that apparently METPFs are created correctly. He gets the same 0 byte files as me with Texmod, btw. Smaller TPFs do work though, with only a few DDS'. I haven't tested enough to know where the exact limit lies between a working TPF and a 0 byte TPF, on my setup (W7x64 VM on Linux, the helper is on W7x64 I believe).
It sounds like a bug (maybe a memory leak ?) on Texmod's part, but sadly their project isn't updated anymore.

Is there a way to convert METPFs to TPFs then ? From what I can see, both formats are nearly identical, so my hope is to use that to get the TPF Version of ALOT 2.0 out.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Re: Converting METPFs to TPFs ?

Postby CreeperLava » 22 Nov 2015, 10:08

I suppose nobody has an answer ?^^
CreeperLava
User

Postby KFreon » 23 Nov 2015, 08:53

Texmod might not be able to handle as many textures as you're trying to do. Max 2gb as memory serves, and probably a bunch of other limitations as well.
Anyway, you should be able to load either type of tpf into TPFTools and just save as a normal TPF.
But you won't be able to if the sizing is the same...

METPF's are just saltisgood's attempt at creating TPF's without texmod. Texmod doesn't like them though :(
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby CreeperLava » 23 Nov 2015, 11:14

But me3explorer uses Texmod to rebuild TPFs, so it won't work either. What I really don't understand is why it suddenly stopped working : it worked for the previous version of ALOT. The sizes of TPFs has little changed in 2.0. Oh well, I guess I'll keep METPFs for now.
CreeperLava
User

Postby KFreon » 25 Nov 2015, 07:00

As far as I know, Texmod is the only tool that can build texmod compatible TPF's.
As such, if texmod can't make them, you're stuck with METPF's.
Sorry :(
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Return to Texture Discussion