Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

CR: Adding Levels

Technical research related to the structure of Mass Effect game files.

Re: CR: Adding Levels

Postby WarrantyVoider » 03 Oct 2014, 21:50

I think more interestingly would be to get these maps for LAN playing! sofar I know the maps are referred internally by map0 to mapX (dunno max), if we could find out where its stored (map0 = BioP_MP...) we could include the testlevels maybe

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby AVPen » 04 Oct 2014, 17:02

WarrantyVoider wrote:could you tell the console command for them?

greetz WV

Am pretty sure I mentioned those maps to you previously, WV. lol :P
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby FemShep » 25 Oct 2014, 07:21

These maps can be loaded without having to "add" them in code. I already added all of them to my Full Experience Mod.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 25 Oct 2014, 10:28

great, and how do you do that? like I would want to add my testlevel, how do I do that?

greetz WV
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Postby FemShep » 27 Oct 2014, 06:12

I don't know the "at STAGENAME" command, but if you look at the MP DLCs you can see maps are added.

Here I'll write you a mini tutorial since I've done it quite a bit.

Preface
Maps have ID's, it seems you can go up to 30 before you hit something else and maps are not selectable.
IDs 0-23 are taken but 12 is missing (Likely was going to be MPThes2?) and 1 seems to reference a map that doens't exist (MPCnfl - textrues shows a different shot of noveria, weird.)

You will need to choose an ID that is open. A good choice is 24 if you're on the standard set of maps (not using the testing maps).
So we are going to add maps via Retalition DLC MP4. So open it up and extract the Coalesced file, decompile it (use tankmasters if you can - it'll prevent bugs that gibbed has especially with retaliation dlc.) Now open the biogame file as thats where maps are defined.

There are multiple items you need to edit for a new map to load (this is how DLC maps were added.)

ONE
The first one is in the array defined as mastermaplist. This defines how a map appears on the map selection screen and also defines how it looks on Galaxy at War.
An example line:
Code: Select all
<Value type="3">(ID=22, PackageName="BioP_MPNov2", PrettyName=772316, Description=618048, Image="GUI_MPImages_MP4.OptMapSnowstorm", GalaxyAtWarMapPosition=(X=352,Y=352), GalaxyAtWarMapSubtitle=706334, MusicEventName="Set_mus_map_mpnov")</Value>
You can modify the string id's to make it fit. I had to choose some that didn't seem used (like debugging lines) in tlk to make it work. I don't know how to add more to a TLK file sadly. The package name is the pcc file without the extension, so for example, a test map is BioP_MPTest or BioP_MPSub. These are 2 of the test maps in MP4.

TWO
Even if you add it to this list it doens't show up in the map roster. You need to add it to the list of availablemaps. It's defined a few lines above the mastermaplist and you can search for it. Just add your package name.

THREE
You can add it to mapsettings. Note that this is overridden by ME3BINI (balance changes) so unless you're on the private server it won't have any effect.
Code: Select all
<Value type="3">(MapName="BioP_MPNov3",XPMultiplier=1.f,CreditsMultiplier=1.f,ZoneID=EGAWZone_Earth,ZoneIncrease=7)</Value>
The zones are the area that it increases if you complete it.

I'm not on my main computer so I can't verify this for you. But that's how it works. If you remove the type 4's and reassign the ID's you can add back the original maps (that's what I did) and add the test maps in Retaliation. There's a nearly completed map called BioP_MPThes2 in rebellion which was likely ID 12.

You might be able to add the maps directly to the base coalesced. I haven't tried it since supercoal failed because of gibbed's compiler.

Let me know if you need more info.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page

FemShep has been thanked by:
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 27 Oct 2014, 09:55

that was awesome already, thanks alot^^ I will see where I go from here

greetz WV

PS: ofc I will use my own server, I could have already guessed that the real online server would overwrite it^^
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Postby JunkoXan » 27 Oct 2014, 17:46

I'm guessing we're 1 step closer to adding custom levels? :v
JunkoXan
User

Have thanks: 15 time

Postby realsurvivor686 » 14 Apr 2015, 05:12

Out of curiousity: Would it be possible to create the following scenario in ME3:

1. When scanning a planet and locking onto an anomaly, you get launched into one of the MP player maps complete with reaper/collector enemies? With your squaddies as well? Or is this a pipe-dream?
realsurvivor686
User

Have thanks: 30 time

Previous

Return to Technical Research