Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] DDS Converter

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

[Article] DDS Converter

Postby giftfish » 04 Jan 2015, 17:59

*******Threads for Image Engine and DDS Converter have been Merged, as they are the same tool. Scroll down to the Image Engine area for the updated information.********

Article: DDS Converter
URL: http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Image ... _Converter

@Kfreon -- Just wanted to ask you about this tool. I think it's pretty new, judging by this:

update-version0109-rev-669-general-t1549.html

Do you have a tutorial anywhere that I'm missing? Anything special I need to know about the tool as I write up the description for it and outline how to use it?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: [Article] DDS Converter

Postby KFreon » 05 Jan 2015, 10:22

This one is relatively new, but shouldn't need a tutorial.
Load image, set format, set path, click Save.

I'll be rewriting it eventually though when I figure out how to use the new version of ResIL. That's probably months away at least though.

FYI, this is just a cover for the Autofix capabilities of TPFTools, allowing any image to be converted.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby giftfish » 05 Jan 2015, 16:08

KFreon wrote:This one is relatively new, but shouldn't need a tutorial.
Load image, set format, set path, click Save.

I'll be rewriting it eventually though when I figure out how to use the new version of ResIL. That's probably months away at least though.

FYI, this is just a cover for the Autofix capabilities of TPFTools, allowing any image to be converted.

I just responded to your PM. You don't need to write a tutorial for it. I'll play with the tool and figure out to use it (looks straightforward), then write up the Wiki article probably today or tomorrow. Once you're ready, you can take a look at it and add any additional content...or edit anything I get wrong :]

That last point is a good thing to know (and something I was curious about). I'll be sure to include that detail on both tool pages (this one and TPF Tool).

Thanks!
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 28 Jan 2015, 00:32

@Kfreon -- I'm getting an error when I try to use the converter:

Also, I'm noticing that no information appears under "Old Format" or "Raw Info." Likewise, there's no values associated with Width/Height.

It's a simple tool, and as far as I can tell it should be able to convert JPG, which is what I have loaded in the screenshot. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a bug with the tool?
giftfish

Postby KFreon » 28 Jan 2015, 08:06

Hmm interesting.
I just loaded a jpg fine. It didn't save...but it did load.
For now, I'd just leave that out of the documentation. I've updated it considerably, but it won't be able to be used until all the new tools are ready, which is some time away :(
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Jan 2015, 15:11

KFreon wrote:Hmm interesting.
I just loaded a jpg fine. It didn't save...but it did load.
For now, I'd just leave that out of the documentation. I've updated it considerably, but it won't be able to be used until all the new tools are ready, which is some time away :(

Yes, that screencap is with the image loaded. You can tell it's loaded b/c the file path area is filled in. The error happens when I tried saving it as DXT1 file type and to the specified file path (both of which you can also see).

I know you're busy with lots to do, so in the meantime I'll put the page up in the Wiki with a note that the tool is currently broken and is waiting for an update by you. I'll also copy my post into the Bug Report area so you can easily locate it in the future.

Do you want to remove it from the menu in the next SVN so it can't be accessed for now? Or, would it be feasible to implement a popup window that opens with the tool to let the user know it's broken and will be fixed in the future? Either might be nice, but I don't think they're vital now that we have the Help links in the Main Menu. Just thought I'd toss both ideas out there in case you liked one. :)
giftfish

[Article] Image Engine

Postby giftfish » 25 Feb 2016, 14:36

Article -- Image Engine
Status -- Done
URL -- None yet

Putting this up in preparation.

@Creeper -- Any way you could start working on this as I continue to revise other existing articles? I haven't gotten to ModMaker or Texplorer yet, and Getting Started and Troubleshooting are still a WIP. Obviously TPF Tools needs to be done from scratch, which I won't start until I'm done with the existing User-related content revisions.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Re: [Article] Image Engine

Postby CreeperLava » 25 Feb 2016, 14:57

Sure, I can start working on it this week-end :).

CreeperLava has been thanked by:
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby CreeperLava » 27 Feb 2016, 12:12

The article is done, I just need some more information from K to complete it.
Link : http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Image_Engine

Edit : Should be entirely finished now.

CreeperLava has been thanked by:
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 27 Feb 2016, 20:16

Article looks nice, Creeper, much appreciated. Just took a very quick look.

Heading out for lunch, but will give it a touch up when I get back :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Next

Return to Wiki Development