Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Diana Allers BeGone mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Diana Allers BeGone mod

Postby AVPen » 11 May 2014, 19:49

It's a tentative title, but it should get the idea across, lol. :P Basically, this mod will completely remove the presence of Diana Allers from start of the game: no encounter on the Citadel, no need to choose between accepting or refusing her, no later destruction of the SSV Shasta battleship because of Allers - she is completely gone from the story. :D

I'm aware that there's a similar mod like this already, but my sequence editing methods for removing Allers are different than what was used in that mod (and there are reports that people still have some problems with Allers still appearing with that mod).

Additionally, this mod will also give Shepard access to the Starboard Cargo room on Normandy's 4th deck without Allers needing to be on board (already have had great success with getting this part working), along with the possibly of doing several edits to the room decor/content (provided I get a better handle of using the ME3Creator to edit the room's map).
Last edited by AVPen on 11 May 2014, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Re: Diana Allers BeGone mod

Postby WarrantyVoider » 11 May 2014, 20:35

404 - question not found, do you need help or are you looking for volunteers?^^

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby AVPen » 11 May 2014, 20:54

WarrantyVoider wrote:404 - question not found, do you need help or are you looking for volunteers?^^

What question's not found? Help or volunteers for what, the mod itself or editing the room with ME3Creator?
AVPen
Modder

Postby WarrantyVoider » 11 May 2014, 22:38

I just wasnt sure why you posted, you explained your title, described a mod (is it in planning/production/finishing/etc...?) and how its made (and in compare to some existing mod)... so I waited for a catch phrase, like "... and now I look for ppl to realize this" or "... and now I need help with xyz" or "... and this is just a placeholder for now" or "... and input would be welcome" ya know, some invocation to interact or so, dunno... dont worry, just beeing nitpicky here and having fun, nvm :P

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby AVPen » 12 May 2014, 02:46

^ The mod is about 80% complete, I just need to do a few more tests and hopefully do some editing to decor of the Starboard Cargo room using ME3Creator.
AVPen
Modder

Postby AVPen » 14 May 2014, 22:49

The mod is now live: http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/254
;)

Also, for now I didn't make any changes to the content of the Starboard Cargo room - trying learn how to effectively remove static meshes from the level is a time-consuming process that I don't have time for right now (am going to be out of town for about a week due to moving)
AVPen
Modder

Postby giftfish » 28 Jan 2016, 03:05

@avpen -- As already discussed on the TM forum, I loved this mod. Loved being able to totally ditch Allers from the game with no repercussions. The only thing that would make it perfect is returning the Starboard cargo area to a more lore-friendly default state. Something akin to a simple storage area or whatnot.

Thanks!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Mods in Development