Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[SUCESS ] Disable "Gender Lock" Traynor Shower Scene as male

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

[SUCESS ] Disable "Gender Lock" Traynor Shower Scene as male

Postby OddShepard » 29 Nov 2016, 20:58

Hello guys.
I've been trying to recreate this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71MSMJoxms scene with a custom male shepard using the "change Gender" option in Gibbed's save editor, this will apparently not only change the cutscene/dialogue trigger, but also the player model...I also tried setting the "samantha traynor Romance"-bools, but that particular scene is not really a romance scene (it happens way before the actual romance) and can only be triggered when the player is identified as female..

As I have no further idea on how to achieve my goal using Save editors, my next step would be trying to edit the Coalesced.bin.
I'm trying to get the game to load the male Body/custom Face when the player is set to female;
In ME1 this was possible by altering some lines in the "BioGame.ini" (see this tutorial: http://acpime.blogspot.de/ )

I'm not really able to adapt this to ME3 since the lines inside the BioGame.ini in the Coalesced.bin seem to be completely different...

Any help (Coalesced.bin/Save editing) is highly appriciated :D
Last edited by OddShepard on 07 Dec 2016, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
OddShepard
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Disable "Gender Lock" / Change FemShep body to MaleShep

Postby Sil » 29 Nov 2016, 21:37

I have a feeling a Traynor romance might require some more serious modding to be done right. I'll be interested to see how this goes. :)
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby giftfish » 29 Nov 2016, 22:07

The problem you're going to run into is that there will be no dialogue for BroShep for any and all of Sam's romance-related content. BioWare didn't create any, since they made Sam as a lesbian character, which meant they only had Hale record the dialogue and not Meer. The game expects FemShep there and not BroShep.

Either way, it's not something that can be achieved with coalesced editing. It's much more complicated than that. You could edit the plot checks for the dialogue, but then you'll still be left with the fact that BroShep lacks dialogue. Often times this will also result in portions of a convo being skipped, since the content isn't there.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby OddShepard » 30 Nov 2016, 04:41

Hi,
first of all, thanks for replying ;)

You're right that the scene will be missing the dialogue, there is no way around that...
There are several videos on youtube (gay garrus/lesbian tali etc.) where the discription says that it was achieved by save editing only, but doesn't describe how...
I can't seem to get this working right, I checked all the romance-relevant bools, but the scene I'm trying to get is basically the "lock" for the romance to actually start; I could imagine that altering a certain plot bool COULD work, but I have no idea which...

Since I'm pretty much stuck, I started looking into dialogeu editing http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Dialogue_Editing
My Idea is to modify the conditionals for that scene to remove the gender-check and remove/disable the scene for MaleShep, I'll start experimenting with that later today..

Ideas/tips are appreciated :D
OddShepard
User

Postby Sil » 30 Nov 2016, 13:38

I'm looking forward to how you get on with this. :D

I assume once you've removed the forced gender check and disabled the scene for MaleShep, you'll be looking to build MaleShep lines where there aren't any?
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby giftfish » 30 Nov 2016, 15:37

@OddShepard -- FYI, that tutorial is one that's been transferred from here on the forum, and is one that I wrote. If you're just looking at how to change a conditional check, it should be fine, but other than that, it's deprecated and needs updating.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby OddShepard » 01 Dec 2016, 21:06

Hi,
Thanks for the info :D

Adjusting/Editing the Dialogue itself is more of a long-term goal since I'm completely new to this corner of modding, right now I'm trying to get the scene to trigger to get a starting point for that.

As it seems the "easiest"/safest method, I'm still trying to figure this out using a save editor. Triggering a certain cutscene only requieres certain conditionals to match, am i right?

For my understanding, the conditionals for that scene are in the marked area, right?

Here's a overview containing the conditionals and how they are a applied to my savegame:

next one:

and the last:

The scene still doesn't trigger,I am probalby missing some very basic understanding or overlooking some things...
Any help would be highly appreciated!

If I'm doing some incredibly stupid mistakes, please forgive me...I never tried to mod things like this ;)
OddShepard
User

Postby giftfish » 02 Dec 2016, 00:34

1. You shouldn't need to do anything with CND 113/integer 10209. Just make sure that you start with a save where you've received Sam's email and haven't yet invited her up.
2. CND 12 is a gender check for Shepard. 17662=T=femshep.
3. CND 883 is Sam's romance check. Set 19835 to false, since you can't actually lock in her romance prior to the cabin scene.

The other place you should check is in the sequence map for Nor_CabinConv. There could be additional checks there controlling the flow of the scene.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby OddShepard » 05 Dec 2016, 21:37

Alright,
I tried that, didnt work...
by now, I tried EVERYTHING I could possibly think of, from editing all the bools to changing the trigger-conditionals with the dialogue-editor-
absolutely NOTHING seems to have any effect at all...
funny thing is as soon as I change gender using SaveEdit, the scene triggers right away (but with femshep body/voice), regardless of the bool-settings or all the other stuff I did. (espicially 17662)

I also tried to get to the point were the email is recieved as femshep, next a accept the email as femshep, go up into the captian's quarters, do a save RIGHT infront of the "invite Traynor" button, change gender to male aaand wrong scene triggers -.-

Ironically I can play all the way as maleshepard, change the gender to female right infront of the "invite" button, and the correct scene triggers :roll:

That means that the trigger for the scene happens DURING the dialogue (the first scene/sentence is the same, regardless of gender)

This however means that I have no idea how to achieve my goal...

There are several videos out there showing "same *** scenes" (basically the same what I am trying to get, since traynor is lesbian by default) and the discprition always says that only a save editor was used..

I'm out of ideas and feel really stupid at the moment..
OddShepard
User

Postby OddShepard » 07 Dec 2016, 20:17

I MADE IT ! :D

Here's what I did:

The Key is to edit the Conditionals.cnd as following with the conditional-editor from the ME3explorer

Open the .cnd and find this:

Now, just change "true" to "false"

next, you want to find this here:

again, change 17662 (the one I marked) to "false".

save everything!

Check 17662 "false" in your Savegame and BOOM you'll get the complete shower scene 8-)

NOTE: Please backup your Conditionals.cnd as I have no Idea what effect this will have on the rest of the game, I just did this to have the scene included in my recorded ME-playtrhough

OddShepard
User

Next

Return to How do I...?