Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

DLC Creation Coalesced/Startup

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Re: DLC Creation Coalesced/Startup

Postby Deager » 27 Nov 2015, 02:11

I did a quick check. One thing I noticed is you look to be using the entire tlk file of the original game. That's not ideal as any strings another mod changes which runs lower than your mount value of 3,450 will get affected.

Once you get a tlk made with only the strings you need, then the key is to make sure the "friendly name" of the mod is a unique entry value and then have that value match two locations in the mount.dlc. Right now it matches nothing so that alone could be why the mod isn't firing up.

The two posts may help
post10274.html#p10274
post10276.html#p10276
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 27 Nov 2015, 16:21

Yeah, that was a file error. I feel a bit stupid for not saving my edited TLK and the game's TLK with clear enough names that I could tell the difference when converting them, but that's what that was. I read this late last night and just stared at it for a minute, knowing that I'd created a small TLK just for the mod with the mod name in it. I reran the TLK tool with the correct file, which has the correct value that should match the mount.dlc, but I'm still getting the corruption error. I've checked the TLK and it looks fine - on the surface. I'll dig into the other stuff a bit later.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Have thanks: 5 time

Postby FemShep » 27 Nov 2015, 20:39

What's your DLCs folder name. Does your corruption message show your DLC name?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Deager » 27 Nov 2015, 23:45

nephthysmoon wrote:Yeah, that was a file error. I feel a bit stupid for not saving my edited TLK and the game's TLK with clear enough names that I could tell the difference when converting them, but that's what that was. I read this late last night and just stared at it for a minute, knowing that I'd created a small TLK just for the mod with the mod name in it. I reran the TLK tool with the correct file, which has the correct value that should match the mount.dlc, but I'm still getting the corruption error. I've checked the TLK and it looks fine - on the surface. I'll dig into the other stuff a bit later.

If you haven't, upload what you have with the correct tlk. I would think I could spot the problem for you. I hope anyway. Femshep asks a good question, although I strangely have not been getting my "friendly name" to show up when I have something wrong with my mods; not sure why.
Deager
Modder

Postby nephthysmoon » 28 Nov 2015, 00:06

Actually, no it doesn't. But if I remove the folder, the game plays. And the DLC folder name is DLC_CON_SHOKERMOD for lack of any clever mod name. And yeah, the files on my dropbox link are always the most up-to-date, recent revisions I've made.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby FemShep » 28 Nov 2015, 02:08

Is there a limit on the length of a DLC name?

Though exp3_base is pretty long.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby Deager » 28 Nov 2015, 15:55

@FemShep
No length I know of but I've seen crazier things.

@nephthysmoon
I'll check more later today as I have to head out but even when I stripped the mod down just to the basics of what's actually needed to run it, cleaned up the talk to the base stuff (and added in the male/female entries) I still can't get it to work. I already removed stuff from the bin file, for testing, and yet it still won't launch. So, I'm missing something really easy; I just don't know what it is yet. My next test may be taking a tlk file of my own and putting it in there, renamed and with the value you used, to see if that at least gives me an idea as to what's going on.
Deager
Modder

Postby FemShep » 28 Nov 2015, 18:04

Is there anything that is a duplicate in your files? Duplicate DLC ID? Duplicate TLK? Duplicate Mount ID? Invalid mount flag?
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby nephthysmoon » 28 Nov 2015, 18:15

@FemShep - not that I've been able to find/aware of. I've been in the files within the few days of this post, editing anything that has been suggested. I'm still looking, and still trying to learn what I've done wrong, but it's one of those things 'you don't know you don't know' so it's sort of difficult.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby giftfish » 28 Nov 2015, 23:20

@neph -- If you don't have it figured out by the time I get back, I'll take a look also. Too busy away for the holiday, atm :]

For the Startup file, I forgot Kinko posted that. My thoughts were more along the lines if you make any errors while editing the hex of the file, but if you haven't done that yet, then it's probably fine.
giftfish

PreviousNext

Return to Modders' Help