Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

DLC Creation Coalesced/Startup

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

DLC Creation Coalesced/Startup

Postby nephthysmoon » 23 Nov 2015, 00:06

Okay, I've managed the mount.dlc - it took me nearly four hours to realize it was a file that needed to be edited in a hex editor, and not something I could open with the toolset (I felt so stupid). I've read through the Adding DLC thread several times in the past 48 hours, and unless I've really, really screwed up the mount.dlc, it's something in the Coalesced (most likely, since I've got no idea what I'm doing) or the Startup (ditto) or both.

I followed the instructions in the Adding DLC thread on the Startup exactly. The Coalesced...well, that seems to be a bit more complicated, and I'm not terribly sure what I'm doing, so I followed the first set of instructions, and then the ones in the post on the Startup, and while I HAVE a Coalesced, I'm not sure my Coalesced has everything it needs.

My question is this: after AutoTOCing the DLC, if I have all the 'required' files for a DLC mod, what could be causing it to throw a corruption error at me? Is that a Coalesced error? Or do I have some other error that I'm not recognizing?

The folder structure looks like this:

nephthysmoon
Modder

Have thanks: 5 time

Re: DLC Creation Coalesced/Startup

Postby Kinkojiro » 23 Nov 2015, 00:09

nephthysmoon wrote:The folder structure looks like this:

Your conditionals file is named incorrectly CON_DLC instead of DLC_CON. That is what 48hrs of staring at the DLC thread does for you! :lol:

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 23 Nov 2015, 00:15

This is why I include pictures, really. So you can all see what happens when I slowly start to lose my mind.

Seriously, though, thanks. I fixed it, re-TOC'd (I'm pretty sure that it's a verb now), and I'm still getting a corrupt error. I'm going to stare at it again tomorrow.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby Deager » 23 Nov 2015, 00:37

nephthysmoon wrote:This is why I include pictures, really. So you can all see what happens when I slowly start to lose my mind.

Seriously, though, thanks. I fixed it, re-TOC'd (I'm pretty sure that it's a verb now), and I'm still getting a corrupt error. I'm going to stare at it again tomorrow.

Can you link to the files? I, or someone else, might be able to spot the problem quickly.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby FemShep » 23 Nov 2015, 03:58

Mod manager has a mount.DLC editor built into it.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 24 Nov 2015, 18:27

I can link to the files when I get home, whenever that may be tonight. As for the editor - I tried that. I'm sure I did something wrong, because my computer froze every time I tried to open it and I had to do a hard reboot. Not having to edit the Hex there was something I was really looking forward to.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby FemShep » 24 Nov 2015, 19:22

Mod manager is a java program, nothing in it that would break your computer. I have seen an issue with graphics drivers crashing and restarting but thats a java issue not a mod manager issue.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Nov 2015, 00:53

@neph -- Something else that might be helpful is if you take a look at BackOff's Coalesced. Just open it up with TankMaster's editor.

Also, you mention the Startup in the Add DLC thread, but I don't remember there being discussion in there about how to structure that file; JohnP definitely didn't cover it. Can you link your source?
giftfish

Postby nephthysmoon » 25 Nov 2015, 18:48

http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/post12745.html#p12745

Those are the instructions I followed. I did look over the Coalesced for Back Off, but I'm still uncertain how much of it would be needed and how much isn't necessary for this. I think this MIGHT be where I'm messing up.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby nephthysmoon » 26 Nov 2015, 18:32

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sgjg7oevukducsg/AAB9qGCydDnhqrxfO91tsERna?dl=0

There's the link. I went through and redid the Startup file a few minutes ago. Still throwing a corruption error.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Next

Return to Modders' Help