Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] DLC Tools

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

Re: [Article] DLC Tools

Postby FemShep » 25 Jul 2015, 02:51

I updated it to reflect that its called DLC Explorer and not DLC Editor. I also made note that DLC Explorer isn't for using on TESTPATCH.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Jul 2015, 14:16

FemShep wrote:I updated it to reflect that its called DLC Explorer and not DLC Editor. I also made note that DLC Explorer isn't for using on TESTPATCH.

I'll go ahead and clarify this further, since the name of the tool via the main menu and the name of the tool when opened are different. The article name should match the tool, but the TOC name on the from page always needs to match the actual menu name. I've already had to something like this for some of the Utilities who's menu/tool names don't match.

So far, Kfreon hasn't been able to figure out how to change the names of the menu links to the tools. If anyone wants to look into that it would be helpful, since there's several that should be changed at this point. I'll add this one to the "Requested Changes" thread.

Also, do we know why the tool doesn't work for this particular SFAR? Are there any others it doesn't work with? Is it more accurate to say that Patch001.sfar should not be edited, or can it be successfully edited with DLCEditor2?

EDIT: Well, and here's a thought. Do we want to change the name of the *tool*? DLC Explorer was one of the first tools, like Asset Explorer. These were named "explorers" b/c they didn't have editing capabilities when they were first named. They both now do, which is likely why the menu name says "DLC Editor." B/c DLC Explorer is an editor and not just an explorer. So, we have two options: change the tool name or change the menu name. If we want to differentiate the names of the two editors a bit more (not a bad idea) then we could do something like "DLC Classic Editor/DLC Editor Classic".

I'll hold off on editing the Requested Changes thread until we decide.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 25 Jul 2015, 15:36

@FemShep -- And I see the box you added for DLCEd2, which clarifies one of my questions above. I'll reformat that a bit, along with the new info you've added about command line. I'm sure more technical folks will find that useful, but it's just not in a good location right now. It's "lost" at the bottom of the page.

We definitely need to know if DLC Explorer/Editor doesn't work with any other SFARs, though.

EDIT: I need some clarification on your wording of the cmd line section.

1. Is this the only cmd line argument that can be used with the tool, period? Or, are there others that could be listed? It makes a difference as to how I'll format the new subsection.
2. Should there be an ellipsis at the end of the argument, or is the command incomplete? If we're going to place this on the wiki, then it should be fully complete.
3. What do you mean by "on the first hit" in this sentence: "InternalPath is the exact term you would use to search and find the file on the first hit."?
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 25 Jul 2015, 16:10

1. That is a command line to automate dlceditor2. The next commit I make will have 4 total which are documented via --help. The others are -toceditorupdate, -decompress pcc and -dlcextract.
2. Ellipsis indicates an unknown length of arguments. The [] indicates the ending ones are optional. It's standard description syntax. As long as you keep adding pairs you can have any length.
3. First hit means if you were to search for that with the searchbox, the first result (assuming there is one) is what will be operated on.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby giftfish » 25 Jul 2015, 16:23

FemShep wrote:1. That is a command line to automate dlceditor2. The next commit I make will have 4 total which are documented via --help. The others are -toceditorupdate, -decompress pcc and -dlcextract.
2. Ellipsis indicates an unknown length of arguments. The [] indicates the ending ones are optional. It's standard description syntax. As long as you keep adding pairs you can have any length.
3. First hit means if you were to search for that with the searchbox, the first result (assuming there is one) is what will be operated on.

1. Ok, cool. Let me reformat a bit then to make adding new arguments easy for you.
2. Got it. I figured it was standard stuff I don't know, but needed to check anyway.

giftfish

Postby giftfish » 25 Jul 2015, 16:30

@FemShep -- Okay, I reformatted it again. Now there's a short opening paragraph and one bullet present for the current argument available. New ones can be added with additional bullets (*). Adding something in code format is easy, just press the space bar 4x.
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 05 Oct 2015, 18:47

I added some new command line args available in r719/r720.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby giftfish » 22 Feb 2016, 22:59

Updated with TOC information and to reflect more recent changes in the toolset.

May need a couple other changes prior to the stable if we move forward with changes to the tool/menu names.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Previous

Return to Wiki Development