Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Done Research: Plot Manager Native Objects

Technical research related to the structure of Mass Effect game files.

Re: Done Research: Plot Manager Native Objects

Postby giftfish » 04 Sep 2014, 14:05

@TankMaster -- Got it. Thanks :]
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 05 Sep 2014, 18:24

No problem, glad it helped. Also, progress is going well on the editor, I will still be able to reach the Sunday deadline as well.

Once I release it, I will add the search feature then release that version. I plan to do some heavy edits to the code and improve the UI and make it easier on me to add features; all after the search feature is added of course. At some point I will incorporate the stuff into ME3 Explorer, along with a new version of my Coalesced compiler (doing some big changes to it as well).

Edit (09/07/2014 4:55 PM EST):
Some slight set backs at the moment, but granted my nap isn't 12 hours (like yesterday), I will release tonight. I may have to do another release later tomorrow to get all features in. Saying that, I will focus on the State Event Map primarily now. Most of the snags have been getting the UI working like I wanted (or sleeping way too long, lol).

Edit (09/08/2014 2:30 AM EST):
Okay, a few hours from release. I will do 2 releases today, the first for State Event Map, the 2nd for Quests and any forgotten features/bugs.
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Postby TankMaster » 08 Sep 2014, 08:32

Ok I believe State Event Elements are done except for Substates, as it requires a bit more than the rest. You can now add new elements (Global Bool/Float/Int, etc) to State Events. Won't take long to finish the Adding/Removing of actual state events.

I would highly advise making a backup before saving, as I have not tested the changes to make sure they are correct and that it doesn't corrupt the file. Takes awhile to navigate ~1400 lines of XAML, lol. Albeit, a good 25% is probably me keeping it clean to see (extra new lines and comments).

Will add a new post when I upload, let me know if I can tweak anything UI wise.
TankMaster
User

Postby TankMaster » 08 Sep 2014, 11:07

Ok here is the latest build of the editor:
http://1drv.ms/1oXJWaV

I apparently also forgot to include the ability to change Codex section/page id's, so that is also in this release.

Fixed/Changed:
(09/08/2014, 7:00 AM EST):
+Codex Section & Page Id's can now be changed.
+State Event Map almost complete, exception is Substate's.
+Existing Quest's, State Tasks can be edited.
+Existing Quest Goals, Plot Items and Tasks can be edited.

Known issues*:
+While the quest map can be edited, you cannot add/remove Quests, State Tasks, Quest Goals, Quest Plot Items and Quest Tasks.
+Cannot add/remove Sibling Indices from Substate State Event Elements.

* Names are based on the UI layout.

TankMaster has been thanked by:
TankMaster
User

Postby WarrantyVoider » 08 Sep 2014, 11:50

nice work! +rep :) will you include this into the toolset in the end?

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby TankMaster » 08 Sep 2014, 12:21

Yeah, same with Coalesced compiler. Been working on a few things with it as well.

TankMaster has been thanked by:
TankMaster
User

Postby giftfish » 08 Sep 2014, 14:32

@TankMaster -- Yay! I should be trying it out this week. I'll be adding 2 or 3 new bools so I should be able to let you know if it's working pretty quickly.
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 08 Sep 2014, 22:20

Thanks, I appreciate it giftfish. Hopefully will have the rest of the features done in the next couple days too.

Edit 09/09/2014:
I also managed to remove several dll's the editor required. At least for the time being till I actually make it into a MVVM program.
TankMaster
User

Postby giftfish » 09 Sep 2014, 14:46

@Tankmaster -- No testing results yet, but I wanted to ask you about something else.

Once you have things wrapped up with the Natives and Coalesced Editors, would you be willing to look at the TLK Editor? There's one issue there that WV doesn't have time to work on (it's not his tool anyway) and would be very helpful if it could be rectified (something with the xml conversion process).

The Conditional Editor (which is WV's tool, but made from gibbed's code, I think) also needs some looking at. As far as I can tell, changing integers in expressions doesn't always work. WV and I have talked about it in the past, but gibbed isn't easy to get in contact with, so the situation is difficult to fix. I'm not sure you'd be able to do anything else with it or not, but it would be great if you could take a look.

So...yeah. If you have time (and motivation, ha!), they are both important tools that would benefit from some updating and improvement. I can detail the issues in a separate thread if and when you are ready to work on them :]
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 09 Sep 2014, 15:46

Yeah, I have done somethings with the TLK editor from time to time (mainly mirroring some of my stuff from the Coalesced compiler), such as splitting the XML into smaller files. I also toy with conditionals too, was working on making it go to & from XML, just not lately lol.

I can also add my changes to the ME3 Save editor, as I have done some big changes with it as well, such as supporting PlayerVariables in the plot table files (.me3_json), and making a shortcut for player/hench powers & weapon mods for new games (I tend to restart them often enough cycling through the weapons ingame was painful). I also have cloned the ME3 save editor for ME2 (at some point I want to merge them into 1).

Edit:
I forgot, a big change I made to the TLK editor was when opening a TLK/XML file to convert, it automatically changes the path to save to (renaming the extension of the input, basically). Just makes it a little easier if you have to do that with multiple files.

Edit #2:
Also forgot, I no longer use the "Position" value in the TLK editor
TankMaster
User

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Research