Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Done Research: Plot Manager Native Objects

Technical research related to the structure of Mass Effect game files.

Re: Done Research: Plot Manager Native Objects

Postby giftfish » 09 Sep 2014, 16:28

TankMaster wrote:Yeah, I have done somethings with the TLK editor from time to time (mainly mirroring some of my stuff from the Coalesced compiler), such as splitting the XML into smaller files. I also toy with conditionals too, was working on making it go to & from XML, just not lately lol.

I can also add my changes to the ME3 Save editor, as I have done some big changes with it as well, such as supporting PlayerVariables in the plot table files (.me3_json), and making a shortcut for player/hench powers & weapon mods for new games (I tend to restart them often enough cycling through the weapons ingame was painful). I also have cloned the ME3 save editor for ME2 (at some point I want to merge them into 1).

Edit:
I forgot, a big change I made to the TLK editor was when opening a TLK/XML file to convert, it automatically changes the path to save to (renaming the extension of the input, basically). Just makes it a little easier if you have to do that with multiple files.

Edit #2:
Also forgot, I no longer use the "Position" value in the TLK editor

I've replied to your post on most of the TLK stuff over in the Tutorial. The path save/file name is a welcome change. Small but very helpful. Separate files, though? Why so? There's no logical "break point" like there are separate ini files for the coalesced, and such. Unless like...ME1/ME2/ME3 strings?

We can talk more about conditionals when you're ready to "go there," lol.
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 09 Sep 2014, 16:53

The reason I added the breakpoints was because of how large the single file was, it was causing some grief in the XML editor's I use. So what it does is every X amount of entries, it starts a new file, like a split zip file. More of a convience thing as far as how big the XML is. As with my Coalesced compiler, it also uses a "master" XML file that it goes through and add's those entries. I thus far have not had any issues doing it this way.
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Postby giftfish » 09 Sep 2014, 17:05

TankMaster wrote:The reason I added the breakpoints was because of how large the single file was, it was causing some grief in the XML editor's I use. So what it does is every X amount of entries, it starts a new file, like a split zip file. More of a convience thing as far as how big the XML is. As with my Coalesced compiler, it also uses a "master" XML file that it goes through and add's those entries. I thus far have not had any issues doing it this way.

Ah, I see. It definitely takes NotePad++ a little while to get things moving when I first open the xml, that's for certain, lol.

How big do you allow a single xml to get then?
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 09 Sep 2014, 17:09

Right now 10,000. I had it at 25,000 at one point, but it was still a little large, I probably could have done 15,000-20,000. I can edit the code if needed. But, if you only go from XML -> TLK, that isn't really an issue then. Reason being, you can split the files up more or join some together, just have to updated the "master" XML file.
TankMaster
User

Postby giftfish » 09 Sep 2014, 17:36

TankMaster wrote:Right now 10,000. I had it at 25,000 at one point, but it was still a little large, I probably could have done 15,000-20,000. I can edit the code if needed. But, if you only go from XML -> TLK, that isn't really an issue then. Reason being, you can split the files up more or join some together, just have to updated the "master" XML file.

Ah, ok. So, vanilla TLK has almost 105K entries (positions), so that's 11 xmls. Yikes, lol.

So, to convert ThaneMOD's DLC TLK, I'd just need to open it in your editor and resave it?
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 09 Sep 2014, 17:56

Yeah, it'll convert it to XML it understands.
TankMaster
User

Postby giftfish » 12 Sep 2014, 19:27

@TankMaster --

I'm still testing, but it looks like everything with the new Natives editor is working perfectly. I have 2 new State Events and bools in place already and they are working in the dialogue as expected. They are also working as part of a DLC mod, and no problems there, either.

Seriously awesome :D
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 21 Sep 2014, 13:19

Excellent, glad to hear it is working right :). Also, I will start posting updates to a topic in the Downloads section, when I actually get to finishing it lol. Spent a day or two this week merging my projects and removing redundancies because they were split up.
TankMaster
User

Postby giftfish » 24 Sep 2014, 00:08

TankMaster wrote:Excellent, glad to hear it is working right :). Also, I will start posting updates to a topic in the Downloads section, when I actually get to finishing it lol. Spent a day or two this week merging my projects and removing redundancies because they were split up.

Cool.

Definitely looking forward to that search feature, lol...
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 30 Sep 2014, 04:16

Lol yeah, sorry about that one. Spent another week working on the editor as well as rehauling parts of the coalesced program. Mainly the parts to handle includes, file settings and property settings. I will include all the changes in that topic next update (whenever that actually happens).

Another thing I started working on for this particular program is the ability to open multiple files, as well as other file types (such as Weapon UI & Weapon Mod UI data pcc's).

Since it has been awhile, would you mind re-iterating the things you wanted for the search feature? I'll just comment out some of the changes and throw that in, then get back to the other things; making it available this week since I keep forgetting that darn thing, lol.

Also, feel free to send me an email or Skype message should you need to, I am more likely to respond to those quickly. Despite my always "Online" status here, it's only because I leave these tabs open on my laptop that is always running, heh.
TankMaster
User

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Research