Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Done Research: Plot Manager Native Objects

Technical research related to the structure of Mass Effect game files.

Re: Done Research: Plot Manager Native Objects

Postby Kinkojiro » 30 Sep 2014, 08:51

Apologies for this but can I ask some dumb questions. I am trying to build some plot transitions that give paragon/renegade points in the full version of mapmod, but am trying to work out how this happens. I have found the sequence execute transition in the citadel dlc which points to a give renegade transition (hacking atms) - but the number it calls is much lower than the DLC_Startup pcc which contains the narratives data.

Which is the main file that needs to be opened by the narratives editor?
The dlc narratives seem to only change bools/ints. Is this how paragon/renegade works?

Have searched and cannot find the basics around how exactly this operates.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby giftfish » 30 Sep 2014, 13:47

Kinkojiro wrote:Apologies for this but can I ask some dumb questions. I am trying to build some plot transitions that give paragon/renegade points in the full version of mapmod, but am trying to work out how this happens. I have found the sequence execute transition in the citadel dlc which points to a give renegade transition (hacking atms) - but the number it calls is much lower than the DLC_Startup pcc which contains the narratives data.

Which is the main file that needs to be opened by the narratives editor?
The dlc narratives seem to only change bools/ints. Is this how paragon/renegade works?

Have searched and cannot find the basics around how exactly this operates.

Not sure if this will be helpful or not.

I've added new state transitions to dialogue (James and Sam so far) but to do so I first have to use TankMaster's tool to open up the SFXGameInfoSP_SF.pcc file. Then I use the tool to add a new state event. My guess is that's the file that it might be calling if it's a lot lower.

Otherwise, JohnP recently told me that the EC contains Startup_CON_END_INT.pcc, which is where the new plot maps are stored. It's the EC's "version" of SFXGameInfoSP_SF.pcc.

And...now I'm wondering if I should be modding that and giving it a "ThaneMOD" name rather than modding the main SFXGameInfoSP_SF.pcc.

Shite.
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 30 Sep 2014, 13:52

@TankMaster -- Apparently there are plot maps for DLC inside of files like: Startup_CON_END_INT.pcc. But, when I extract that file from the DLC and try to use the editor to open it, the editor crashes.

Can it only read SFXGameInfoSP_SF.pcc?
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 30 Sep 2014, 17:14

@giftfish I thought I had a check in place for the DLC's but I guess it isn't working right. The main map (SFXGameInfo_SP.pcc) actually has a property that the DLC's don't. I'll look into this today (pry in a few mins after this reply). The particular issue is the State Event Map, it has an extra set of properties (in the case of the main pcc, GalaxyAtWarBoolVarIDs).

Edit:
Okay, so the check does work, the reason Startup_CON_END_INT.pcc crashes the editor is because it does not have a Quest & Codex map. I'll have to add some checks to fix that.

Edit #2:
Updated with a few more checks. It's a few weeks old build as the changes I was making would have taken longer to disable, just extra checks. Also, if a pcc does not contain a Codex/Quest/Transition map, you cannot add one (at least with this build). Let me know if any other issues appear.

http://1drv.ms/1oXJWaV

TankMaster has been thanked by:
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 30 Sep 2014, 22:28

giftfish wrote:Not sure if this will be helpful or not.

Very helpful thanks.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby giftfish » 02 Dec 2014, 18:42

FYI, tutorial on using the state event editor here:

post11906.html#p11906
giftfish

Postby giftfish » 19 Dec 2014, 22:44

giftfish wrote:
TankMaster wrote:Sorry to not reply recently, been busy busy busy with different tools or just not home lol. Ah, what I was referring to (if I am recalling the post right, been a few days), is I tested it in the main Coalesced.bin but not inside a DLC. I haven't done much on the compiler lately, so I am not sure if it handles everything in a DLC right, since I focused on the main one. Let me know if you find a solution or if a problem still persists. I would like to also get the compiler working better as well as the tools for the native objects (wasn't home last week so didn't do much on either).

Well, all I can tell you is that your suggestion of this doesn't work in a DLC Coalesced:

<Section name="sfxgame.bioglobalvariabletable">
<Property name="me2tome3plotcopy" type="3">(nSId=4940, nType=SFXPlotType_Boolean, nTId=28000)</Property>
</Section>

Nor did the method that you suggested first, which was this:
TankMaster wrote:However, if you want it to only show based on the imported value, don't add it to "newgamestartingcodexentries", but add:

<Section name="sfxgame.bioglobalvariabletable">
<Property name="me2tome3plotcopy">
<Value type="2">(nSId=4940, nType=SFXPlotType_Boolean, nTId=28000)</Value>
</Property>
</Section>

In neither case does the codex entry appear in game, as a "starting" entry for an ME2 import. I tried both loading an existing save, as well as importing a fresh character. I've *only* gotten the starting entries to show up for fresh ME3 characters (non imports) so far, but those types of toons are irrelevant for ThaneMOD.

Unless I'm somehow doing something wrong despite a direct copy and paste (and a swap of the two "ID" values). I'd encourage you to try it and verify on your end, as well.

TankMaster wrote:I'll look into it more, just been busy so haven't had much time to do so. I'll reply as soon as I figure it out.

Edit:

Also I will release an updated version of the editor within the next couple of weeks, no deadlines this time (didn't work out so well for me last time, lol). The next version will be all features finished & useable.

@TankMaster -- Just wanted to touch base on this from a while back. Original posts are on page 6 if you need a better refresher. Have you had the opportunity to look into this further?
giftfish

Previous

Return to Technical Research