Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Duplicate Accounts

General news and announcements for ME3Explorer.

Duplicate Accounts

Postby giftfish » 25 Sep 2016, 19:52

This is a reminder to folks that having multiple accounts on the same forum is a no-no on pretty much every forum out there. It's impossible to keep track of discussions if the same person is posting with multiple accounts. It leads to confusion and inflates the member roster unnecessarily.

We realize the lack of a password recovery feature virtually guarantees that you will need to create a new account if you ever forget your password. In this case, PM any admin and we can set up a new password for the old account. That way you can get logged back in, retain your posting history, and we can delete the new account.

If anyone knows they have an old, duplicate account, please get in touch with us so we can get that sorted. If you have fewer than a dozen posts, we may also be able to reassign those to the account you want to retain.

Also, please consider using a password manager. The most secure passwords are not those that you will be able to remember, and depending on the amount of passwords you have to keep track of, manual management becomes untenable at a certain point. Using a manager means you only remember one password. There are a variety of managers out there, depending on what OSes you need compatibility with, whether you want browser integration, cloud syncing, etc. Chances are you can find something to your liking.

giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Announcements