Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Editing new name in nametable

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Editing new name in nametable

Postby FemShep » 17 Oct 2015, 18:37

I have just added about 32 new names to the name table via ME3Creator. I mistyped one of them. Is there a way to edit this? I don't like adding errors into my stuff. REally don't want to have to redo everything as this is a very tedious process.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Re: Editing new name in nametable

Postby The Fob » 17 Oct 2015, 19:53

You should be able to edit it directly in the HEX. IIRC, adding new names puts the name list at the very end of the file, so changing the length of words (i.e. removing/adding letters) is not an issue. You just might need a TOC.bin update after the edit if you change the length of the file.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby FemShep » 18 Oct 2015, 00:15

Can I shorten one though? I made xbox_R_start instead of xbox_start.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby The Fob » 18 Oct 2015, 13:26

Yep, should be fine. Oh, forgot to say though, at the beginning of every name in the HEX, there is the length count (as a negative number in signed long format). If you shorten a name (or add to it), you'll need to adjust the count as well.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Return to Modders' Help