Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Editing Squad member armour lights

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

Re: Editing Squad member armour lights

Postby Kinkojiro » 05 Oct 2016, 01:46

This is true for most armor sets, not necessarily all, but most:

The placement and intensity of the emissive is set by the alpha layer of the spec. The color is set in the material - usually though you have to find the highest instance rather than the master material because sitting above the master material are lots of effects (electricity, blood, fog, wet etc etc). Look for material instances which are parented by the master material.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Tarshana » 05 Oct 2016, 01:53

That is what I thought, too. So I went into the alpha layer for the Garrus AA1. The spec map has the alpha layer and I have tried to change that and what ended up happening was a crash and then a white glow all over. So if that is the case, how do I change the spec map colour from blue to red or other without messing anything up? Because that would be a heck of a lot easier than going through the pcc files :)
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby Tarshana » 05 Oct 2016, 02:58

Oh I see what you mean now, apologies. Sometimes my English gets bangered. I am still unable to find the emissive colour but tomorrow will come soon enough :)
Tarshana
User

Postby Tarshana » 05 Oct 2016, 14:51

giftfish wrote:
Tarshana wrote:OMG it is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love this. I love you guys (like the way I love chocolate.. the English language lacks the proper endearment words).

Ha ha. I thought you meant you had figured out how to edit this and it looked great.

...But you meant the new GUI, lol.

Yes, yes I did :)

I still am not sure which of these controls the lights but I will figure it out at some point >:D
Tarshana
User

Postby Tarshana » 06 Oct 2016, 00:46

Funny note, I was looking at the wrong file for two hours yesterday, when I figure that out... I do believe that there is a master texture out there that the lights read from with the emissive colour in RGB format. Unfortunately I am unsure how this will affect anyone else's lights. I am going to do some tpf testing and see what I can cook up :)
Tarshana
User

Previous

Return to How do I...?