Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Editing Squad member armour lights

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

Editing Squad member armour lights

Postby Tarshana » 03 Oct 2016, 15:56

Is there a particular way in which the glowly lights are saved; through the texture itself or some other hard-coded? I was attempting to make some fun armour colour combos and I started with Garrus

He has blue lights which does not go well with the red.

Thank you in advance :)
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Re: Editing Squad member armour lights

Postby Tarshana » 04 Oct 2016, 21:12

So it looks like there is a mask that has emissive data in the pcc. I opened up the pcc and exported the model, but I am curious as to how I export the material and/or find what the emissive light data would be? If there is already something around on the forums you can point me there :)

I opened up DLC - DLC_CON_APP01 - CookedPCConsole - BioH_Garrus_03.pcc Inside I found the material is line 4400 BIOG_TUR_ARM_GARe_R._GRe.TUR_ARM_HGRe_MAT_1a and next to that in the Properties tab are "LightGuid" and "ParentLightGuid" - are these the lights? If so I can just change those and save the pcc yes?

Oh and there are 3 vectot parameters.. maybe that is the RGB value?
Tarshana
User

Postby KFreon » 04 Oct 2016, 22:26

If I recall, there was a texture that controlled the location etc of the lights (texture_emis) or something, but I don't know if the colour can be changed there.
Might be worth looking though.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Tarshana » 04 Oct 2016, 22:52

I was looking at that, too. They are all grey because it looks like emis colours are cooked into the files. I am thinking if I can find it for the EDI visor I could find the similar file information for other emis colours on lights :) I am thinking they might be shared and there is a master file so I will be double checking with the others.

If only gibbed could edit out the vectors in all armours xD
Tarshana
User

Postby Tarshana » 04 Oct 2016, 22:54

I found where her emissive colour is but I am unsure what all the numbers correlate. I am ready to break my game :D
Tarshana
User

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 04 Oct 2016, 23:06

It's pretty impossible to edit StructProperties with the Properties tab. I would suggest you update to ME3Explorer 3.0, (fresh out of the compiler, only 3 hours old!) and use the Interpreter tab in the Package Editor (basically the PCC Editor renamed) to edit properties instead. It actually displays everything correctly, and will make your life much easier.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby Tarshana » 04 Oct 2016, 23:34

Well then. You guys are fan-freakin-tastic. Thank you :D

Is there some sort of award I can give you guys? Buy some pizza, beer? Irish Whiskey?
Tarshana
User

Postby Tarshana » 04 Oct 2016, 23:38

OMG it is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love this. I love you guys (like the way I love chocolate.. the English language lacks the proper endearment words).
Tarshana
User

Postby Tarshana » 05 Oct 2016, 01:25

I still have no idea what I am looking for so I am going to just change things and see how it goes. Wish me luck.
Tarshana
User

Postby giftfish » 05 Oct 2016, 01:32

Tarshana wrote:OMG it is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love this. I love you guys (like the way I love chocolate.. the English language lacks the proper endearment words).

Ha ha. I thought you meant you had figured out how to edit this and it looked great.

...But you meant the new GUI, lol.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Next

Return to How do I...?