Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Expanded Galaxy Mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Expanded Galaxy Mod

Postby viper » 24 Dec 2016, 18:37

@AvPen same here,also there is no default.sfar in new version but please forgive me I dont know nothing about ME3 modding but I just thought if that is the problem or not

Spoiler:
viper
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby AVPen » 24 Dec 2016, 19:21

viper wrote:@AvPen same here,also there is no default.sfar in new version but please forgive me I dont know nothing about ME3 modding but I just thought if that is the problem or not

BINGO! That was the issue, all right - I just copied the Default.sfar file from the main EGM DLC to the Miranda Mod folder, used AUTOTOC to generate a new TOC file, and that allowed the Miranda Mod to load properly.
Last edited by AVPen on 24 Dec 2016, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

AVPen has been thanked by:
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby viper » 24 Dec 2016, 19:22

Thank you so much :)
viper
User

Postby AVPen » 24 Dec 2016, 19:37

Ok, new problem:
Every time I authorize Miranda to come aboard the Normandy (regardless of if she's a friend or a LI), as soon as I go to another GUI menu screen such as the Load/Save menu, the War Terminal, the elevator selection menu, the Galaxy Map..... the game just outright crashes on me :| I'm assuming this is a big issue, as without Miranda being allowed on board the Normandy, the player can't access her Team content or her LI romance scene with Shepard.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby viper » 24 Dec 2016, 21:43

same here :)
viper
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 24 Dec 2016, 21:45

Ok I had to do this all via a folder of files I have online as I am traveling, it must be something is missing - obviously the default.sfar. Unfortunately nothing I can do about it. Sorry please uninstall.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby viper » 24 Dec 2016, 21:55

Kinkojiro wrote:Ok I had to do this all via a folder of files I have online as I am traveling, it must be something is missing - obviously the default.sfar. Unfortunately nothing I can do about it. Sorry please uninstall.

not even a problem,test version is test version :)

also i noticed the improvements in text,thanks for your work
viper
User

Postby rookie_one » 25 Dec 2016, 03:31

A shame, guess I'll try the miranda mod beta later when a corrected version is out :(

On another subject, I now hate myself : on a playthrough for another save import, for some reason, I can't remember where the hell is the M-44 prototype that cerberus did (or when to pick it up)
rookie_one
User

Postby Mocusolvan » 26 Dec 2016, 18:59

Not a big deal with the problems with miranda mod. Thanks anyway. Can Miranda mod be installed later on or does it have to pe present when you start a new game? Also could you add the additional squadmate armors in the regular egm mod or as a separate addon from the additional maps? While the "Additional Unlocked Squad Maps for EGM" is great, i like the idea of the additional squad mates just being available in the N7 missions but would like to have access to the new alternate armors provided by the addon. Keep up the great work! (hoping to see Miranda mod to be released soon ;) )
Mocusolvan
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 26 Dec 2016, 22:01

As a matter of principle we don't create custom versions. It is just a waste of time given we heave had dozens of requests, and new ones every month.

In any case the squadmate pack doesn't impact the mission if you don't take the new squadmates on a mission you don't want. The thing the squadmate mission fixes is loading the new squad into the mission and preventing conversation breaks.

These happen because the conversation usually goes like this:

Shepard line
Garrus > Liara > Ashley > Kaidan > Tali > Javik > Vega
Shepard line
Vega > Javik > Tali > Kaidan > Ashley > Liara > Garrus
Shepard line

The problem is if you take 2 new squadmates then it can't find the squadmate for the second line it breaks and the convo ends. So we change it to this:

Shepard line
Garrus > Liara > Ashley > Kaidan > Tali > Javik > Vega > no squadmate skip
Shepard line
Vega > Javik > Tali > Kaidan > Ashley > Liara > Garrus > no squadmate skip
Shepard line

If you take for example Garrus and Wrex, Garrus says both lines. Take Miranda and Wrex and only Shepard's lines play.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development