Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Giving Cortez armour

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Giving Cortez armour

Postby Captain Obvious au » 18 Aug 2015, 04:04

Hi all,

So what I'd like to do is give Cortez some Ajax armour and a headpiece, not a full helmet but something akin to the Sentry/Archon etc visors - but only when he's piloting the shuttle. Seems odd to have him just in fatigues whilst flying into a combat zone...

Anyway what files would I need to alter in order to get that done?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Captain Obvious au
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Re: Giving Cortez armour

Postby JunkoXan » 18 Aug 2015, 15:40

also too when on the Leviathan DLC when the Shuttle is taken down and you need power cells to get the Deep Sea Mech he's in Fatigues there as well while everyone else is in armor.
JunkoXan
User

Have thanks: 15 time

Postby deadspear » 18 Aug 2015, 18:38

Its because hes in the shuttle cockpit, shielded from any incoming fire, he needs the freedom of his hands to pilot properly. But yeah maybe a light armor wouldn't hurt.
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby Captain Obvious au » 19 Aug 2015, 10:42

Good point Junko!

True deadspear, but just a light armour would be fine, and give him a headset. Make him look a bit more like a modern helo pilot.
Captain Obvious au
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby JunkoXan » 19 Aug 2015, 16:26

deadspear wrote:Its because hes in the shuttle cockpit, shielded from any incoming fire, he needs the freedom of his hands to pilot properly. But yeah maybe a light armor wouldn't hurt.

except when he was a trident pilot he was in armor all the time and it was standard procedure, Medium type armor at best. it's a basic necessity for a pilot to where a suit of armor, except Joker as his bone structure wouldn't be able to hold up so it's acceptable for Joker not to have armor.
JunkoXan
User

Postby deadspear » 19 Aug 2015, 18:05

He wore a G-suit because it would squize his body so that the blood stays in your head for tight manuvers (which I dought the shuttle can perform). And in his fighter it was common to transfer power from the inirtial dempeners, (which I dought he'd do with shep inside the shuttle). I think a good idea would be the stand allience soldier uniform, maybe a barette too. :
Spoiler:
deadspear
User

Postby JunkoXan » 19 Aug 2015, 18:36

deadspear wrote:He wore a G-suit because it would squize his body so that the blood stays in your head for tight manuvers (which I dought the shuttle can perform). And in his fighter it was common to transfer power from the inirtial dempeners, (which I dought he'd do with shep inside the shuttle). I think a good idea would be the stand allience soldier uniform, maybe a barette too. :
Spoiler:

one little problem with that, within Citadel DLC it's specifically mentioned "Before Inertial Dampeners, Pilots needed to wear G-Suits" if age is correct, he was around when Inertial Dampeners were commonly used so a G-Suit would be moot. as the Inertial Dampeners would work in atmo to no atmo making the pilot not experience the G's exerted. transferring power was only in extreme situations when you absolutely don't need to rely on the inertial dampeners (low atmo where resistance is thinnest and easily compensated with Thrust vectoring which the fighters do have). also too, the pilots within the video for the space battle in ME3 when you return to earth are typical Alliance armors, the helmet is Fighter Pilot spec N7 Shadow based design (for situational awareness of all systems and in front) :D

JunkoXan
User

Postby deadspear » 19 Aug 2015, 20:36

I must have remember it wrong probably because of this xD:
deadspear
User

Postby JunkoXan » 19 Aug 2015, 22:47

deadspear wrote:I must have remember it wrong probably because of this xD:

yeah....... that would cause for mass perception changes...
JunkoXan
User

Postby AVPen » 20 Aug 2015, 21:08

A visor or headpiece is most likely not doable (since I doubt there'd be a mesh like that for Cortez in the files), but I think giving him some Alliance armor would be possible, though I'd have to check the files themselves to make sure.

AVPen has been thanked by:
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion