Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Good Morning from Sunny, Flooded Florida!

New to the community? Come on in and tell us about yourself. Welcome!

Good Morning from Sunny, Flooded Florida!

Postby nephthysmoon » 08 Aug 2015, 14:24

No, really, the flooding has mostly receded by now. Though we are in for another week's worth of rain, so...

Any ol' who - I'm Neph *waves*

Up until recently, I've only ever used me3explorer for simple texture mods (I'm particularly fond of the HD ones) and I taught myself how to edit my coalesced pretty much as soon as I installed ME3 two years ago (and ME2 the year before that). But yesterday I made the decision to actually do some real modding, so here I am. I'm learning a ton thanks to the great tutorials, and while I'm absolutely positive that I'm in so far over my head that it isn't funny, I'm ready for a new challenge.

So, that's me. I'll be poking around the tutorials section and probably asking some questions. Nice to meet everyone!
nephthysmoon
Modder

Have thanks: 5 time

Re: Good Morning from Sunny, Flooded Florida!

Postby Heff » 08 Aug 2015, 14:36

Welcome to the forums!
(Where there's neither sun nor rain)

Something to note is that certain parts of me3explorer may not work the same as in the tutorials, so beware of that.
If you do happen to find some functionality that existed in a tutorial, but is no longer present, feel free to report it as missing!

Good luck with the modding, we're all in over our heads here ;)
Heff
Coder

Have thanks: 61 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 08 Aug 2015, 14:50

Good luck with the modding, we're all in over our heads here ;)

Thanks. That's actually the most comforting thing I've heard since I started this venture. And I'll definitely mention it if something seems to be missing. I'm playing with the latest revision at the moment, the one asking for testers, so I'm not expecting things to go perfectly :D
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby giftfish » 08 Aug 2015, 15:17

Hi Neph

/wave

I'm also n7Siha :)
giftfish

Postby nephthysmoon » 08 Aug 2015, 15:53

HI! *waves back* I actually figured that from reading the tutorials last night, but the confirmation is good. Helps me keep things straight in my head. I'm still in awe with everything you've accomplished. It's a huge inspiration to finally do this whole 'mod in a joker romance' that I've wanted to do since I first started fooling around with me3explorer (which was terrifying in and of itself the first handful of times I used it - and here I thought "mod it til it breaks" was only applicable to skyrim! :roll: ). So really, anything I actually accomplish is completely due to you. Particularly that dialogue editing tutorial. Brilliant stuff.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby giftfish » 08 Aug 2015, 17:05

Sorry that it's incomplete -- the dialogue editing tutorial, that is. I planned one more installment, but it's just such a huge can of worms. Be sure to also look at the Research thread for Matinee stuff, here:

research-animcutscenes-matinee-editing-t1717.html

This also contains a bunch of good info. And, you're welcome :)
giftfish

Postby nephthysmoon » 08 Aug 2015, 17:28

That research thread is one of my eight open tabs at the moment. :D I understand about one in every eight words, but that's an improvement over it looking completely like a foreign language before.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby giftfish » 08 Aug 2015, 17:36

nephthysmoon wrote:That research thread is one of my eight open tabs at the moment. :D I understand about one in every eight words, but that's an improvement over it looking completely like a foreign language before.

Lol. Well, it's been 2 years and I'm still learning, so that won't go away any time soon! I'm just now feeling like I'm really starting to understand a lot of things, partly b/c I've gotten a much better grasp on looking at and editing hex.

Enjoy the ride :)
giftfish

Postby CreeperLava » 08 Aug 2015, 17:55

Welcome to the community ! Always nice to see some new motivation. I look forward to see what you will create^^.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 08 Aug 2015, 20:57

Thanks. It's slow going. I've spent most of the day working on just framing a simple conversation, and that was bloody exhausting!
nephthysmoon
Modder

Next

Return to Introductions