Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Guess Who's Back

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

Guess Who's Back

Postby nephthysmoon » 13 Nov 2016, 16:56

If you're not going 'back again (gain gain gain)' I don't know if we can be friends.

Really didn't mean to drop off the face of the planet and I'm scanning forums to sort of catch myself up on what I missed. Long story really short, in May I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and I've spent the last six months doing various methods of treatment. If I felt bad before, it's nothing to what I've felt the past six months while my immune system was screwed with in order to 'fix' my issue.

Friday (as in this one coming up) I have another appointment and since we've finally exhausted all the 'should-work' medications - here's a hint, they don't work - we will be going with the 'almost always work' medications. They have their own side effects, of course, but I'll almost certainly be able to spend lots of time modding again, and I'm REALLY looking forward to it. I promised the Shoker fans a working mod by the end of 2016, and while they've been SO amazing and supportive about this delay, I REALLY want to get this out for them.

And for myself, too.

Anyway, I'm back. Hopefully to stay this time.

And OMG Andromeda looks so pretty!!!!
nephthysmoon
Modder

Have thanks: 5 time

Re: Guess Who's Back

Postby Sil » 13 Nov 2016, 17:25

It's terrible to hear about your condition, I don't know you but I hope you have some success with the 'almost always work' medications.

On the positive side of things,it's great to see a modder return to this forum! :) It's quite quiet here these days, but there are people still very interested in modding. I've not seen your mod, but by Shoker I'm assuming you mean a Joker romance mod?
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 13 Nov 2016, 18:53

Thanks! And yes, by Shoker I absolutely mean a romance for Joker. I've not gotten terribly far yet - I was knee-deep in edits to the infamous Purgatory scene when this all started - but most of the changes were roughed out on paper (or in googledocs) if not implemented. I got sidetracked for a chunk of time last year, after committing to this project, testing another project, but as that particular project was something I'd been looking forward to for ages, it was well worth it. Besides, I needed to see what changes @giftfish made in Back Off because a LOT of what I was planning on would have just ended up duplicating it, and I didn't feel that was necessary, so when I'm FINALLY ready to release, I'll strongly recommend that mod to people who want this one.

And I'm not surprised about the quiet. There's a small core of people still actively modding ME3 but a lot of people are waiting for Andromeda and don't have a lot of interest in this any longer. It's sad, but true.
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby Sil » 13 Nov 2016, 22:55

That's actually a very cool idea, I've seen that purgatory scene on youtube and no wonder it annoyed fans of the idea of a Joker romance. It's a great idea that you're working on, and it must be a very difficult one. Even though I only play as a maleShep, I'd still be interested in seeing what you manage to bring to the game through your mod. I know you're likely keeping your plans closer to your chest, but when it comes to your edits, are you adding new routes to the conversations that are already ingame to get the feel of a romance, or attempting to add in new conversations?

EDIT: I just dug around the forum and found your Joker romance thread and, specifically, the video. I am very impressed by what you managed to make when you were here before.

Sil has been thanked by:
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby nephthysmoon » 19 Nov 2016, 21:50

That scene is painful. So painful. I'm not really keeping it a secret so much as just playing with various ideas. There's a lot of really excellent lines in the game spoken by both characters, not necessarily to one another, and that's where we're pulling from. We've basically overridden a few of the old conversational choices, edited the dialogue wheel a bit (I think that last option was only up on our tumblr) and then I got really sick and had to pause. New medications are forthcoming so I'll have the ability to come back to this. But thanks!
nephthysmoon
Modder

Postby giftfish » 19 Nov 2016, 21:56

/pat pat

Hi Neph :) <3
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Off Topic