Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Hey all, having a problem and not sure where to post

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

Hey all, having a problem and not sure where to post

Postby John » 30 Jan 2016, 15:34

Hello everybody!
This might not be the right section to post this, but I didn't find any better subforum so this one seemed like the least harmful. Also I hope that I'm not annyoing anyone with this question thread, but I really couldn't find info on these issues. Maybe they are familiar to anyone of you? You people certainly seem to know the most about modding ME3.

I recently started a ME3 playthrough with mods, but ran into two issues for which I couldn't find any info on the internet.

Problem 1:
Things are visible before they are supposed to:
- On Mars, when entering the prothean core, I could already see 2 Dr Evas (one on the terminal, one in combat mode) and 1 Ashley next to the computer terminal
- On Menae, when returning to Corinthus after fixing the radio tower and starting the dialogue, Garrus is already standing on the platform (albeit "frozen"), but then disappears again only to walk up the ramp when he is actually supposed to.
- Haven't yet progressed further than that but I'd be surprised if there wouldn't be more of this kind to come, and s

Problem 2:*
I cannot use the Citadel elevator to enter the Purgatory bar area of the Citadel. The game simply doesn't progress past the loading screens, and clicking brings up the Windows message of the program not responding.

I used a vanilla game with all SP story DLCs onto which I installed:
- Ashley Legacy Project
- Liara Lair of the Shadow Broker uniform
- Ken & Gabby recruitment restoration*
- MEHEM
- Improved Fitness and Encumbrance
- Better Cabin music
- Security Scan remover
- Ashley Date Scene fix

*Removing that restoration mod fixed the Purgatory issue, even though I do not understand why it caused it in the first place, seeing as others can use it just fine.
John
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Hey all, having a problem and not sure where to post

Postby giftfish » 30 Jan 2016, 17:40

Hi John.

We're not a mod support forum and this definitely isn't the right place for your post. If you're having issues with your game, you should continue to spend some time troubleshooting yourself, and then, if necessary, contact the mod authors of the mods you're using. To save you a step, I'm the author of Better Cabin Music and I can tell you for certain that none of your problems aren't caused by it.

For help with basic troubleshooting, see this page on the wiki: http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby John » 14 Feb 2016, 01:08

Found the cause of my first issue, posting it for anyone else facing the same problem, for the rare chance that they come across this thread:

After a long time of individually un- and re-installing single mods and eventually giving up, it turned out that the problem was caused by a tiny coalesced.ini edit, changing the player's FOV from 70 to 100 (as it is tremendously helpful for multiplayer, which I played a lot). Such a simple thing, and I spent hours trying to find the issue in the mods. :D
John
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby CreeperLava » 14 Feb 2016, 08:13

Wow, didn't know FOV could cause such issues. Good to know, for sure.^^
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 14 Feb 2016, 16:04

Ah, the FOV thing actually makes a lot of sense.

There are an enormous amount of things that happen offscreen during a scene that the player doesn't see. If you ever use flycam and turn it on during a scene, you'll see all of it. Characters teleporting to now locations and popping into and out of gestures, objects floating/moving/disappearing, lights flickering on and off, camera DOF changes, and plenty of other stuff. BW (and I'm sure other game houses) designs scenes assuming your FOV will be what's built into the game files, just as a movie director frames a shot with a specific FOV, showing the watcher what s/he wants them to see.

If you change FOV, you essentially break these rules, which will often have unpredictable and immersion-breaking results. So, it's not that the FOV causes these things (@Creeper), it's that they should be happening *offscreen* and the altered FOV is allowing you to see what you shouldn't.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Other People's Stuff