Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

How to skip the "Press Start" screen

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

How to skip the "Press Start" screen

Postby WarrantyVoider » 19 Dec 2012, 18:06

open EntryMenu.pcc, locate object "BioSeqAct_ShouldShowSplashSequence" (should be #99) and in PccEd2 choose Edit/Replace with BIN. Now take my attached bin file and save the pcc. When getting asked to update PCConsoleTOC.bin do so, if not run TOCbinUpdater after it. Now you should start directly into the mainmenu after the biowarEA logo

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

WarrantyVoider has been thanked by:
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Re: How to skip the "Press Start" screen

Postby user2929 » 22 Dec 2012, 23:24

Please make a remove patch for EA logo!. That would save precious seconds and my spacebar, while starting the game hundred times over and over again. If you rename the movie file, game wont start, and if you block it in coalesced, it causes trouble too. So .ppc are the only option I guess.
user2929 - one man army against legion of console commands. Windows XP 32bit SP3
user2929
User

Have thanks: 26 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 23 Dec 2012, 00:33

dunno, was just random luck^^
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Postby saltisgood » 23 Dec 2012, 02:57

user2929 wrote:Please make a remove patch for EA logo!. That would save precious seconds and my spacebar, while starting the game hundred times over and over again. If you rename the movie file, game wont start, and if you block it in coalesced, it causes trouble too. So .ppc are the only option I guess.

Are you talking about that startup movie thing? I just removed it in Coalesced, never saw it again. If I remember correctly, go to bioengine.ini/fullscreenmovie/startupmovies and take out ME3_sig_logo.

saltisgood has been thanked by:
saltisgood
Emeritus

Have thanks: 155 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 23 Dec 2012, 11:07

I may add, that I simply went into EntryMenu.pcc because I wanted to test some stuff in SeqEditor, and saw this "ShouldShowSplashScreen" object right after the "LevelLoaded" event. I simply flipped true and false links. But as this is the very first thing in the sequence, I wouldnt know where the EA logo object is stored.

greetz WV
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Postby user2929 » 23 Dec 2012, 13:02

Spalsh screen is part of entrymenu. one more proof is when you enter a command 'at entrymenu' you should be transfered to main menu. But instead of directly bringing you the menu, game shows the 'press any key ' splash.
I dont know how .exe. files work, but i doubt they would code something big in there, so I guess that playing the movies (including EA logo) is configured in .pcc files.
as saltisgood said:
go to bioengine.ini/fullscreenmovie/startupmovies and take out ME3_sig_logo.

EA logo must be in engine.pcc, because - in coalesced - startupmovies are in bioengine.ini. As far as I know coalesced is just a summary of every configuration piece which are in .pcc files, I mean they are connected - so from coalesced you can guess where the real configuration is stored. Actually there are more settings in .pcc files. More than in coalesced.

Thank you satlisgood for address! unfortunately I am testing coalesced files. I need to swap them frequently so editing coalesced every time is not an option. also, some people who used my coalesced mods in the past, told that they had problems while EA movie was disabled, so i re-enabled it in my mods.

It seems, that either I search for entry in engine.pcc, or simply stick with pressing spacebar. Its not that bad after all. at least its skipable, which is uncommon for EA logos.
user2929 - one man army against legion of console commands. Windows XP 32bit SP3
user2929
User

Postby WarrantyVoider » 23 Dec 2012, 16:01

game-files-loaded-at-startup-t26.html

and here my analyzed entrymenu.pcc so far (right click and save as...)

WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Postby user2929 » 23 Dec 2012, 22:19

Also, could you make disappear/ skip or shorten the mass relay travel movie? It is same movie over and over again when you need to go to other star system. It so rude that by default it is forced to watch all the 10 seconds of it.

I remember how in mass effect 2 i could replace it with other, shorter movie so it could be player in 1 secons. Althoug sound played longer, I was in new system in 1 second. I which I had this short movie in ME3 too.
user2929
User

Postby Eudaimonium » 27 Dec 2012, 14:26

Good idea, it'd be good to replace the Mass Relay clip. I vote for that 2-3 seconds looped animation of Relay from ME1 loading screens.

It loops as long as it takes for your 'puter to load the next level.

Besides I hate that the volume of the sound effects in that Relay jump clip is like, 200% louder than the rest of the entire game.
One of few surviving members of species that actually loved Mass Effect endings.
Eudaimonium
Emeritus

Have thanks: 33 time

Postby user2929 » 16 Apr 2013, 20:50

IF someone checks this post....

1)mod job does not intall properly.
Im using v0100w installed in game directory on fresh install of me3.

downloaded the mod file and loaded it in Mod maked

when press Run All it gives 2 messages

and then "All mods installed succesfully"

But Press Any Kay screen still appears.

2) bin file works file. And auto TOC updater is awesome!
user2929
User

Next

Return to General References and Tutorials