Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

I finally worked out why the Citadel felt so odd to me

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

Re: I finally worked out why the Citadel felt so odd to me

Postby Sil » 19 Oct 2016, 00:38

After playing the game with mods, I'm not sure how I could go back to playing it without them. So much is fixed with them. It's a shame that fixing the Citadel population would be too much work, as it'd have been great to get the amount of humans and other aliens to more loreful levels.

By the way, I'm replaying the game at the moment and I've found another source of TIM's money that helped him fund Cerberus. The Salarian Councilor tells you that Udina has been "using his authority to move vast sums of money. For what purpose, we're not sure." It seems likely that, as a Cerberus sympathiser/loyallist, he has been funding their construction efforts and could have been doing so for some time, probably since before the invasion began. It wouldn't account for all TIM's funds (he owns so many businesses I'm sure that those helped recuperate a lot of funds) but alongside the arrangements with Miranda's father it would go some way towards explaining how he afforded his army.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby Tarshana » 19 Oct 2016, 02:50

In the Citadel apartment area is a Blasto "movie." I so want to make that into something more realistic. I want to paint an Elcor with bright red lips and a bow on her head :3

But yeah I think adding more NPCs to Citadel might be rough? I can barely make a sound file >.< And as you say, I could never play ME3 without the mods. The first time I played I quit twice I was so frustrated.
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby Sil » 19 Oct 2016, 10:09

I can't even get my Spectre Terminal message to load, so for me adding new NPCs (or rather, changing a lot of the human ones into other races) would be like trying to build a starship in my back garden; I could design it, I could write about it, I could draw happy little smiley faces next to it, but I'd end up building it out of cardboard and empty plastic bottles. It wouldn't get very far.

Still, there is a part of me itching to work out which ones could be replaced :p

Edit: I just finished the Cerberus coup so I ran around doing it all over again. Here are the updated numbers:

Human (219)
Asari (77)
Turian (116)
Salarian (71)
Batarian (26)
Elcor (2)
Hanar (0)
Drell (0)
Keeper (1)
Krogan (0)
Quarian (0)
Volus (13)

As you can probably see, there are a lot more human NPC's and loads more Turians, and we finally see a couple of Elcor. The rest aren't well represented though. I noticed a few things though; the turian increase comes from the increased C-Sec presence, which is fair enough really until you realise its a multi-species force consisting of turians, humans, salarians and asari. There are some human C-Sec on the Presidium Commons level, but that is it.
Sil
User

Postby The Fob » 20 Oct 2016, 20:26

My in-lore explanation for the many humans on the Citadel is that the humans are already under full attack by the reapers from the start of the game, while the other races are not (except the Batarians who do not have esy access to the Citadel any more. Therefore, there are more humans around, even outside the refugee areas (as anyone who can get on the Citadel properly will do that as well). It also makes sense that later in the game (after the coup) we see more Turians since they are under massive attack at this point as well.

Still, while this explanation kinda works for me, it is clearly just a band-aid as it is of course obvious that ME3 is hilariously human centric.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Sil » 20 Oct 2016, 23:10

To an extent that can be used to explain it, I also think the idea is meant to be that places like Presidium Commons are part of a human sector of the Presidium (Avina mentions that Ambassador Osoba is the one who chose the planets/animals in that area. When it comes to the spike in turians, almost all of them are C-Sec, so I think they're supposed to represent how C-Sec is stepping up security on the station. It's one instance where I think there should be more humans, but also asari and salarians, to get a more rounded view of C-Sec.
Sil
User

Previous

Return to Off Topic