Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Improved Fitness mod (need beta testers)

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Improved Fitness mod (need beta testers)

Postby AVPen » 23 Jul 2015, 18:22

I have a new mod that's more or less finished, but I wanted to get people to test it out for me before I officially release it on the Nexus: the Improved Fitness mod. The goals of the mod are two things:

- make Fitness unique for each character class, giving each class unique health/shields, melee damage, shield regen, etc (as an example, power-based classes like Adept/Engineer have the lowest health/shields, while the physical-based Soldier has the highest health/shields)

- increase the weight capacity bonuses for each class, to better improve the game's encumbrance system (which I thought was a little restrictive)

The mod can be downloaded from here, let me know your opinions and thoughts on it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wi8zyl6wbcl44eo/DLC_CON_Fitness.zip
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Re: Improved Fitness mod (need beta testers)

Postby KingFeraligatr » 23 Jul 2015, 22:29

A question if you will. Do you know how to buff squadmate's health and the like? Any changes I do to the PCC's or in mt personal Coalesced always fail and don't show up. I've been trying to get to the hard values (Like Garrus's base 500 health and shields a piece), but I can't find them. I also cannot find a way to modify a squadmate's level bonuses. Any information you have on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I downloaded the mod and I'll report any oddities. I'm impressed that you where able to modify bonuses and the like. So far, looks good.
I call myself the Typo Master. So if you see a typo in my posts, I'm sorry.
Link to the forums of my Mass Effect Rewrite: http://kfmerewriteforums.proboards.com/
KingFeraligatr
User

Have thanks: 14 time

Postby Deager » 23 Jul 2015, 22:59

My unmodified save files worked great for adept, soldier, and vanguard. I saw the differences in shields, health, and weight capacity. Looks like my adept run maybe got a little harder for shields and such, but at least I can carry a little more fire power. :)
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby AVPen » 26 Jul 2015, 02:10

Any other thoughts on the mod's new classes Fitness and weight capacities and whether they could be further refined or are fine as they are?

KingFeraligatr wrote:A question if you will. Do you know how to buff squadmate's health and the like? Any changes I do to the PCC's or in mt personal Coalesced always fail and don't show up. I've been trying to get to the hard values (Like Garrus's base 500 health and shields a piece), but I can't find them. I also cannot find a way to modify a squadmate's level bonuses. Any information you have on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

A big problem with modifying the squadmates' Class Passive powers is that, as near as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing for controlling the Passives' modifiers within the game's Coalesced, unlike say the six Class Passives for Shepard's class - at the very least, I can't find them where the squadmates passives should be, nor does a search for the modifiers within the Coalesced result in anything (and as you've probably discovered, changing the modifiers values directly in the Passive power's PCC file does absolutely nothing).
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby Deager » 26 Jul 2015, 19:42

AVPen wrote:Any other thoughts on the mod's new classes Fitness and weight capacities and whether they could be further refined or are fine as they are?

I'm not too picky. You made the biotics and that style a little more fragile but gave a good boost to the more military Sheps. While I do play on hardcore or even insanity (once...didn't like it that much) I can't really elaborate. I thought the decisions made sense and I'd give it a try myself on a run.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Erior » 27 Jul 2015, 20:12

Okay, tested it out with the 3 level 60 files I had, and those were the changes noticed and the impressions I got:

Soldier:
Health/Shields: 850 -> 1025
Carry weight: 100 -> 250; Assault Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper Rifle/Pistol loadout ends up with a noticeable recharge bonus with ultralight materials.

Vanguard:
Health/Barrier: 850 -> 875
Carry weight: 70 -> 180; standard Shotgun/SMG/Pistol loadout may forego ultralight materials and still get a full bonus.

Sentinel:
850/825 -> 800/775; may be a bit more squishy than playstyle suggests, still, Tech Armor is what the class revolves around.
Carry Weight: 70 -> 90; compared to Vanguards, it seems to enforce Assault Rifle usage over Shotguns and Sniper Rifles.

Overall, good changes. Not sure about the Sentinel survavility nerf, as the class IS the tankiest one in the vanilla game due to Tech Armor, but still, it isn't much of a deal.

Can't speak of Infiltrators and the pure casters, and I'm not sure if changing the class of one of the Shepards I have with Gibbed would provide objective data to judge.
Erior
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby FemShep » 28 Jul 2015, 14:09

Typically anything related to the word hench will be relevant to your squad mates. In the characters pcc file look at the Initialize method in pcced2. It lists how it loads health and shield.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Jan 2016, 03:02

@avpen -- Nice work on this. Just used it on my infiltrator PT and I thought the changes were nice, w/o being too OP.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Return to Mods in Development