Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Jokers black teeth

User-centric area to discuss ideas and request mods. Toolset modders may also float ideas for new mods here; if pursued, the thread can be relocated to Mods in Development.

Re: Jokers black teeth

Postby Heff » 12 Aug 2015, 15:07

deadspear wrote:ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, I've installed another tpf with no problem, the EDI Science Uniform.

Yeah, it's this particular point of autofix that's failing, seems I made some assumptions that were wrong.
I'll get back to you with a fix!
Heff
Coder

Have thanks: 61 time

Postby deadspear » 12 Aug 2015, 15:41

What if I tried a manuel fix, but I have no idea how to do that.
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby Heff » 12 Aug 2015, 23:04

deadspear wrote:What if I tried a manuel fix, but I have no idea how to do that.

Hmm, seems like I wont have a fix without changing quite a lot of things.
Would you mind trying with installing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35

And then running it again?

As for a manual fix, if the above doesn't work then you'd need to extract the .dds in tpftools, convert it to the proper format in an external tool like DirectX Texture Tool, and then search for that texture in texplorer, select it and replace it with your newly converted one.
Heff
Coder

Postby deadspear » 13 Aug 2015, 00:57

Still getting the same autofix error.

Fixing: HMM_HED_PROJoker_ScalpSD_Diff
FORMAT -> Current: DXT3 Expected: DXT5
MIPS -> Current: 10 Expected: 11
Failed to autofix image, skipping:
Microsoft (R) D3DX9 Texture Converter
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 2001. All rights reserved.

Failed to create D3D device
deadspear
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 13 Aug 2015, 04:28

deadspear wrote:Still getting the same autofix error.

Fixing: HMM_HED_PROJoker_ScalpSD_Diff
FORMAT -> Current: DXT3 Expected: DXT5
MIPS -> Current: 10 Expected: 11
Failed to autofix image, skipping:
Microsoft (R) D3DX9 Texture Converter
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 2001. All rights reserved.

Failed to create D3D device

I guess this tpf only ever would work in texmod. The problem is the Diff is DXT3 - which afik is not used in ME3 and probably the reason why the file isn't working or being autofixed. To fix, extract the texture. Use DirectX Texture Tool which is part of the DirectxSDK. Then change the surface format from DXT3 to DXT5. It also looks like the mipmaps are too few, so upscale the image by 1 level - double the size. Then use the generate mipmaps in that tool. The resulting texture can be used in Texplorer directly or to create a working tpf.

Hope it helps.

KK
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Heff » 13 Aug 2015, 09:25

deadspear wrote:Still getting the same autofix error.

Ah darn it, that's no good, I'll be looking at alternatives today.
One more thing you might try on your end is updating graphics drivers.

Kinkojiro wrote:
I guess this tpf only ever would work in texmod. The problem is the Diff is DXT3 - which afik is not used in ME3 and probably the reason why the file isn't working or being autofixed. To fix, extract the texture. Use DirectX Texture Tool which is part of the DirectxSDK. Then change the surface format from DXT3 to DXT5. It also looks like the mipmaps are too few, so upscale the image by 1 level - double the size. Then use the generate mipmaps in that tool. The resulting texture can be used in Texplorer directly or to create a working tpf.

Hope it helps.

KK

It'd be great if you could also try what kinko wrote here, and see if you get an error or not in the DirectX TT.
The thing is that I've included this tool in autofix now to handle some problematic cases, and it's that tool that's reporting the problem with creating a d3d device handle to the graphics card, which is worrying.
Heff
Coder

Postby deadspear » 13 Aug 2015, 12:52

With "Mipmaps are too few, so upscale the image by 1 level - double the size." you mean resize the texture by one level? 512X512 is the current one, I have to set it higher? Also do I have to resize both files, one was the texture and the other was the def.
deadspear
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 13 Aug 2015, 14:23

deadspear wrote:With "Mipmaps are too few, so upscale the image by 1 level - double the size." you mean resize the texture by one level? 512X512 is the current one, I have to set it higher? Also do I have to resize both files, one was the texture and the other was the def.

The size of files in DXT doubles each level. If 10 mips is 512x512 then the next level is 1024x1024, then 2048x2048 etc.

So scale it to 1024x1024, then generate the mips. In the DXTTool you will see 11/11 mips in the title bar. Generate the mips after you have changed the size and the surface.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby deadspear » 13 Aug 2015, 15:15

Ok I changed it to 1024x1024 and changed it from DXT3 TO DXT5, but the option to generate mips maps is grayed out. On top of it, it says DXT5, Mip 1 of 10, 100%
deadspear
User

Postby rusm0 » 13 Aug 2015, 16:26

Try applying the attached DDS file directly.

rusm0 has been thanked by:
rusm0
User

Have thanks: 17 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Ideas and Requests