Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby AVPen » 22 Apr 2014, 00:51

Awesome news, even as an ambient conversation it's still a thousand times better for those two characters than that impersonal Spectre terminal message in the vanilla game.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby giftfish » 22 Apr 2014, 02:47

That is so awesome!

Are you removing the Spectre terminal message, then? Sorry, if I overlooked an answer to this previously.
giftfish

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 22 Apr 2014, 23:32

giftfish wrote:Are you removing the Spectre terminal message, then?

Yeah, it's just removing two entries from the coalesced.bin.

Here's the paragon version of the ken recruitment scene:

As with the ken and gabby scene, it plays a little differently if you are renegade.

And with that, I think I'm done!

Download thread: ken-and-gabby-recruitment-restoration-mod-t1247.html
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 23 Apr 2014, 01:14

You should think about uploading it on Nexus. And I see that's where your download link points to, lol. Really looking forward to using this :)
giftfish

Postby AVPen » 20 Apr 2015, 20:15

I went and made a DLC version of the Restored Engineer Recruitment mod, originally for myself but thought others would like access to it as well: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ccr6ai2sd58dtck/Restored_Engineer_Recruitment_DLC_version.zip

Besides restoring both Ken and Gabby (or just Ken) to the Purgatory bar so they can be recruited, the DLC version also removes their original recruitment request emails in the Spectre Terminal - this was a little trickier at first, I had to redefine the recruitment emails' Conditionals so that the emails would only trigger if a stupidly high bool (32732) is flagged true, which since the game's bools don't even go that high makes it impossible of ever happening lol. :roll:
AVPen
Modder

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 20 Apr 2015, 23:22

AVPen wrote:I went and made a DLC version of the Restored Engineer Recruitment mod, originally for myself but thought others would like access to it as well: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ccr6ai2sd58dtck/Restored_Engineer_Recruitment_DLC_version.zip

Besides restoring both Ken and Gabby (or just Ken) to the Purgatory bar so they can be recruited, the DLC version also removes their original recruitment request emails in the Spectre Terminal - this was a little trickier at first, I had to redefine the recruitment emails' Conditionals so that the emails would only trigger if a stupidly high bool (32732) is flagged true, which since the game's bools don't even go that high makes it impossible of ever happening lol. :roll:

You are awesome. This has been on my to do list for awhile. Do I have your permission to upload this to the Nexus? (crediting you for DLC-ifying it of course)
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby AVPen » 20 Apr 2015, 23:41

SirCxyrtyx wrote:You are awesome. This has been on my to do list for awhile. Do I have your permission to upload this to the Nexus? (crediting you for DLC-ifying it of course)

Perfectly fine with me, go right ahead.

AVPen has been thanked by:
AVPen
Modder

Postby Epsilon330 » 22 Apr 2015, 22:56

Does the DLC have the same issues that removing the email in the original version had?

Namely the glitching of some of the Citadel side missions and general iffiness with texture mods. If not consider that a perfect addition!
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby AVPen » 23 Apr 2015, 00:29

Epsilon330 wrote:Does the DLC have the same issues that removing the email in the original version had?

Namely the glitching of some of the Citadel side missions and general iffiness with texture mods. If not consider that a perfect addition!

First time I've heard of these issues - do you have specific examples? I haven't noticed anything out of place with the DLC version.
AVPen
Modder

Postby Epsilon330 » 23 Apr 2015, 05:35

AVPen wrote:
Epsilon330 wrote:Does the DLC have the same issues that removing the email in the original version had?

First time I've heard of these issues - do you have specific examples? I haven't noticed anything out of place with the DLC version.

While I haven't experienced problems myself, it's mainly based off of comments from Nexus.

Removing the SPECTRE Terminal Email apparently can cause some missions (most common one being the one involving Kasumi and the Big Stupid Jellyfish) to not fire. Either they don't appear at all or fail to load when selected.

The texture glitch is an assumption based off of problems people have had with the similar Restored Zaeed Conversations mod alongside updated TPFs. Apparently using both together has a chance to severely mess up the TOC.bins and prevent loading when both try to execute at once. The email problem appears to be the most common issue for this one, though.

I've seen it mentioned around here before that PCC editing really isn't recommended if you're also toying around with textures. Is this outdated advice?
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development