Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby AVPen » 23 Apr 2015, 20:34

Epsilon330 wrote:While I haven't experienced problems myself, it's mainly based off of comments from Nexus.

Removing the SPECTRE Terminal Email apparently can cause some missions (most common one being the one involving Kasumi and the Big Stupid Jellyfish) to not fire. Either they don't appear at all or fail to load when selected.

The texture glitch is an assumption based off of problems people have had with the similar Restored Zaeed Conversations mod alongside updated TPFs. Apparently using both together has a chance to severely mess up the TOC.bins and prevent loading when both try to execute at once. The email problem appears to be the most common issue for this one, though.

I can't comment on any TPF/Texmod/Texplorer issues that people may have (and in looking over the comments on the Nexus, a number of those aren't specific enough to diagnose what the possible conflict could be), but on the issue of the Spectre Terminal emails:

I'm not removing the emails so much as I'm preventing the emails from triggering in the first place - I changed the Conditionals for the Engineer Recruitment requests to only trigger if a super-high bool is flagged True (one that is never ever used in the game), and since its impossible for that bool to ever trigger in the game the requests will never appear in-game in the DLC version of the mod.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby Epsilon330 » 23 Apr 2015, 23:31

AVPen wrote:
Epsilon330 wrote:While I haven't experienced problems myself, it's mainly based off of comments from Nexus.

Removing the SPECTRE Terminal Email apparently can cause some missions (most common one being the one involving Kasumi and the Big Stupid Jellyfish) to not fire. Either they don't appear at all or fail to load when selected.

The texture glitch is an assumption based off of problems people have had with the similar Restored Zaeed Conversations mod alongside updated TPFs. Apparently using both together has a chance to severely mess up the TOC.bins and prevent loading when both try to execute at once. The email problem appears to be the most common issue for this one, though.

I can't comment on any TPF/Texmod/Texplorer issues that people may have (and in looking over the comments on the Nexus, a number of those aren't specific enough to diagnose what the possible conflict could be), but on the issue of the Spectre Terminal emails:

I'm not removing the emails so much as I'm preventing the emails from triggering in the first place - I changed the Conditionals for the Engineer Recruitment requests to only trigger if a super-high bool is flagged True (one that is never ever used in the game), and since its impossible for that bool to ever trigger in the game the requests will never appear in-game in the DLC version of the mod.

I've probably replaced a good 85% of the game's textures with improved versions by this point, so if anyone's going to have issues with this mod on texture-related grounds it's gonna be me. I'll install it tomorrow and report back if problems arise.

I'll take your word for it regarding the emails. It's possible that the people affected tweaked the wrong PCC and mucked something up. Either way, i'll run some tests and see what happens.
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby Epsilon330 » 24 Apr 2015, 23:10

I'm pleased to report that the DLC version has no compatibility issues with texture mods. I also have not had issues with side missions thanks to the new method of removing the email. All in all, a very good mod!
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby Forgetti » 28 Apr 2015, 04:40

Epsilon330 wrote:I'm pleased to report that the DLC version has no compatibility issues with texture mods. I also have not had issues with side missions thanks to the new method of removing the email. All in all, a very good mod!

good to hear. i've been wanting to install this mod for a while but was unable to because of the texture mod issue. now i can :D
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby Forgetti » 30 Apr 2015, 06:31

oh and to potentially add to the back-story behind Kenneth and Gabby (mainly Kenneth in this one) i highly recommend reading A Matter Of Race And Character. it has been regarded by many to be the "canon" back-story behind possible two of the best peripheral characters in the trilogy. for those interested here is the link https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8600201/1/ ... -Character. also you can find the fanart for it at these links, http://bayzee.deviantart.com/art/A-Matt ... -508527342, http://bayzee.deviantart.com/art/It-mak ... -474298368, http://bayzee.deviantart.com/art/So-soft-450908619
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Jan 2016, 03:03

@Sir -- Really awesome work on this mod. Just used it for the first time and it was pretty flawless. I noticed a bit of a lag from when I clicked on Ken to when he spoke, but I can't say that wasn't just my HDD spinning up. Very nice work; can't for the life of me figure out why BW cut this scene.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby John » 30 Jan 2016, 17:48

For some reason, this particular mod causes the following problem for me: I cannot use the Citadel elevator to enter the Purgatory bar area of the Citadel. The game simply doesn't progress past the loading screens, and clicking brings up the Windows message of the program not responding. Removing the mod's DLC-folder makes it work again.
John
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby giftfish » 30 Jan 2016, 22:47

John wrote:For some reason, this particular mod causes the following problem for me: I cannot use the Citadel elevator to enter the Purgatory bar area of the Citadel. The game simply doesn't progress past the loading screens, and clicking brings up the Windows message of the program not responding. Removing the mod's DLC-folder makes it work again.

I'm using the mod right now without problems. I'd suggest autoTOCing the DLC mod, as per the wiki's suggestion when it comes to infinite loads/game freezes.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Previous

Return to Mods in Development