Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 18 Apr 2014, 09:07

Look who I found!
Spoiler:
Image


Unfortunately, that image is about the only thing I've achieved so far, but restoring their recruitment to a dialogue instead of a spectre terminal message looks doable. I welcome assistance on this.

What I know so far:
  • The sequences(ken&gabby as well as just ken) that determine whether they show up are in BioD_cithub_WardsFlux.pcc
  • The dialogue appears to be fully formed in terms of audio, subtitles, and dialogue wheel interaction, but the camera angles are atrocious in the little bit of dialogue I managed to experience(the characters aren't even in the frame).

My best guess at what needs to be done:
  • Find the conditionals used by the spectre terminal messages, and point the purgatory recruitment sequence conditional checks at those
  • Disable the spectre terminal messages(no idea where that is)
  • Make the camera work properly

To get them to show up for that screenshot, I just disabled the conditional check entirely, which is obviously not a good solution.
User avatar
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead
 
Posts: 345
Joined: 16 Apr 2014, 00:20
Has thanked: 28 time
Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby giftfish » 18 Apr 2014, 15:11

More and more people are trying to figure out how to control the camera. Definitely a good thing. Hopefully, we'll be able to make some better progress on this soon :)
giftfish
 

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby AVPen » 18 Apr 2014, 15:22

JohnP took a look at this a while ago when I brought up the Ken/Gabby recruitment in Purgatory scene (http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/ken-and-gabby-in-the-purgatory-bar-t989.html), these were his observations:

The conversation and Interp objects themselves exist, and I did get the engineers to show up in Purgatory and could play the conversations (Ken and Gabby, and just Ken if Gabby is dead). The problem is the objects for the camera work don't exist at all. So the camera just randomly moves around during the convo and most of the time just shows nobody. Sometimes the characters will be in frame, but can be out of focus. It's actually different every time you run through the conversation. Probably depends on exactly where Shepard stopped when you pressed the space bar.

So this is a no go, at least for now. We don't yet fully understand the camera motions (the ThaneMOD folks figured out a little bit), let alone creating from scratch. It would be a ton of work, even I did know how to do it. There are several objects that would need to be created for EVERY line in the conversations.
User avatar
AVPen
Modder
 
Posts: 458
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 19:41
Has thanked: 21 time
Have thanks: 116 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 18 Apr 2014, 19:32

AVPen wrote:JohnP took a look at this a while ago when I brought up the Ken/Gabby recruitment in Purgatory scene (http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/ken-and-gabby-in-the-purgatory-bar-t989.html), these were his observations:

The conversation and Interp objects themselves exist, and I did get the engineers to show up in Purgatory and could play the conversations (Ken and Gabby, and just Ken if Gabby is dead). The problem is the objects for the camera work don't exist at all. So the camera just randomly moves around during the convo and most of the time just shows nobody. Sometimes the characters will be in frame, but can be out of focus. It's actually different every time you run through the conversation. Probably depends on exactly where Shepard stopped when you pressed the space bar.

So this is a no go, at least for now. We don't yet fully understand the camera motions (the ThaneMOD folks figured out a little bit), let alone creating from scratch. It would be a ton of work, even I did know how to do it. There are several objects that would need to be created for EVERY line in the conversations.


The camera issue could be temporarily bypassed by locking in a single conversation path, and then making it an ambient conversation. Not ideal, but still better than the spectre terminal message in my opinion.
User avatar
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead
 
Posts: 345
Joined: 16 Apr 2014, 00:20
Has thanked: 28 time
Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby MaddaCheeb » 19 Apr 2014, 05:55

I saw the lines for this deleted scene on Youtube and I was wondering if the original sequence data was still in there. Nice work!
User avatar
MaddaCheeb
User
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 00:10
Has thanked: 4 time
Have thanks: 2 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby JohnP » 20 Apr 2014, 16:23

SirCxyrtyx wrote:The camera issue could be temporarily bypassed by locking in a single conversation path, and then making it an ambient conversation. Not ideal, but still better than the spectre terminal message in my opinion.

That's a good idea. You can use the dialog editor to set up the conversation path, then you should just be able to change the class of the StartConversation object to StartAmbientConv.
JohnP
Modder
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 15 Jan 2013, 18:39
Has thanked: 55 time
Have thanks: 132 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 21 Apr 2014, 02:55

JohnP wrote:
SirCxyrtyx wrote:The camera issue could be temporarily bypassed by locking in a single conversation path, and then making it an ambient conversation. Not ideal, but still better than the spectre terminal message in my opinion.

That's a good idea. You can use the dialog editor to set up the conversation path, then you should just be able to change the class of the StartConversation object to StartAmbientConv.

The dialog edits should be pretty easy, but may I ask what you did to get the engineers to show up? Did you find the correct conditionals? I got them to show up by removing the conditional check entirely, and so far haven't had much luck in getting the correct one.
User avatar
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead
 
Posts: 345
Joined: 16 Apr 2014, 00:20
Has thanked: 28 time
Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby JohnP » 21 Apr 2014, 15:45

The conditional that's already checked for works. The issue is that the PMCheckConditional object (the one that leads to SetActive) has an empty InputLinks section. This has the effect of disabling the object. You need to remove that entire section. I used HxD to copy out that whole check conditional object, removed the offending section, saved the object as a bin file, then did Replace With BIN in PCCed2 to replace the original with the modified object.

JohnP has been thanked by:
JohnP
Modder
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 15 Jan 2013, 18:39
Has thanked: 55 time
Have thanks: 132 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 22 Apr 2014, 00:32

JohnP wrote:The conditional that's already checked for works. The issue is that the PMCheckConditional object (the one that leads to SetActive) has an empty InputLinks section. This has the effect of disabling the object. You need to remove that entire section. I used HxD to copy out that whole check conditional object, removed the offending section, saved the object as a bin file, then did Replace With BIN in PCCed2 to replace the original with the modified object.


That was extremely helpful. I don't think I would've figured out that the InputLinks section was the problem on my own.

Here's the paragon version of the conversation:


If you are more renegade than paragon, Shepard will be a little more suspicious of their past Cerberus affiliation, but will still welcome them back.

I still need to do the ken only conversation, but it looks like I'll be done soon.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
User avatar
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead
 
Posts: 345
Joined: 16 Apr 2014, 00:20
Has thanked: 28 time
Have thanks: 288 time

Re: Ken and Gabby recruitment restoration mod

Postby JohnP » 22 Apr 2014, 00:51

Great job!
JohnP
Modder
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 15 Jan 2013, 18:39
Has thanked: 55 time
Have thanks: 132 time

Next

Return to Mods in Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred