Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

KFreon's TPF Tools bug reports

This area is now closed due to cessation of regular toolset development and move of project hosting to GitHub. If you find a potential bug, always visit the wiki first. If it's determined you've located a bug, please submit it as an Issue on Github.

KFreon's TPF Tools bug reports

Postby KFreon » 19 Jan 2014, 00:29

All bug reports here now please instead of a million different topics :)
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: KFreon's TPF Tools bug reports

Postby almostfaceman » 19 Jan 2014, 03:18

Was installing a small tpf - Asari_Counselor_and_female_people_(smarteck_v1.0).tpf here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ubb4g2ex4023j/Mass_Effect_3

Here's some screenies:

and a debug screen screenie:

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
almostfaceman
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby KFreon » 19 Jan 2014, 04:02

Hmm that one looks like more of a DLC problem.
Try it from a vanilla install. I'll look into it on my end, but I hope its not related to me (I have no idea what can cause that)
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby almostfaceman » 19 Jan 2014, 07:51

Just read your response, it did install through a mod file (from the same link I got the .tpf files) - don't know if that means anything.
almostfaceman
User

Postby KFreon » 19 Jan 2014, 13:35

It's possible that the .mod could have caused a problem, though unlikely.
Try just with a .tpf I guess...
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby almostfaceman » 19 Jan 2014, 21:30

Sorry, I meant I installed with the .mod versions of the texture install afterward, after the lockups trying out the tpf tool. I installed over 800 mods with no lockups.
almostfaceman
User

Postby KFreon » 20 Jan 2014, 02:09

Oh I see...
How strange. I'll try and replicate this issue and see if I can figure out what's going on.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 20 Jan 2014, 18:51

3 bugs:

1. When replacing 4 Texturegroup_UI textures, all of them indicate in Texplorer that they have been written to Textures.tfc and not CustTextures0.tfc. This does not happen when replacing Texturegroup_APL (cabin photo) or Texturegroup_characater (hoodie).

The replacement texture displays properly in Texplorer, and you can tell from the Properties window that the texture has been changed by the alteration in texture group (it's changed from _UI to _shadowmap; this happens with all replacement textures as far as I know). After replacing them neither the CustTextures0.tfc nor the Textures.tfc has a change in date or size, so it's difficult to tell what is actually happening. So, the new texture is there, but I don't know which .tfc it's being written to. It's supposed to be CustTex, but Texplorer is telling me otherwise.

2. I'm still getting crashes a moment or two after a texture has been replaced when the tool is idle, or upon closing. Not every time but most of the time.

3. The TPF Tool doesn't seem to like it when you put multiple .tpfs in the window to apply them. I've ran it probably 6-12 times now, and every time it has missed 1 or 2 out of 3 textures. It throws no errors, it just doesn't apply them. If you load and apply each separately, then it works fine.

FYI -- new tree.bin fixed my cabin photo hash issue :)
giftfish

Postby KFreon » 21 Jan 2014, 01:29

Ah bugs. I love them. /sarcasm

So, the first one I wouldn't worry about if it works. I THINK those images are actually pcc stored, but I can't really track that down. But as long as the images are replaced its all good right? :D

2) What kind of crashes? Details and screenies please :D

3) This I will have to test. And I suspect it will take a rather long time. In the meantime, I suggest not using multi tpf.
Actually is there any issue so far with raw textures? Like dragging in a bunch, then dragging in a bunch more and some don't install?
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 21 Jan 2014, 01:37

KFreon wrote:Ah bugs. I love them. /sarcasm

So, the first one I wouldn't worry about if it works. I THINK those images are actually pcc stored, but I can't really track that down. But as long as the images are replaced its all good right? :D

2) What kind of crashes? Details and screenies please :D

3) This I will have to test. And I suspect it will take a rather long time. In the meantime, I suggest not using multi tpf.
Actually is there any issue so far with raw textures? Like dragging in a bunch, then dragging in a bunch more and some don't install?

1. Well, I'm not sure it's all good, lol. I need to know for certain what's going with it on before we release the mod. I don't want to be modifying players' Textures.tfc, which is what Texplorer is telling me. Do you know for certain if they are stored in the .pccs? If so, why does it even reference a texture cache file then? Why doesn't it just reference the .pcc?

2. Oops. I'll take a screenshot next time. Most of the time it just freezes. The window goes...whitish.

3. I haven't done anything with raw textures, only the tpfs so far. I've loaded 3 up at a time, and never had all 3 apply.

Thanks!
giftfish

Next

Return to Bug Reports