Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Kfreon | TPF Tools

Development board for ME3Explorer tools. Please try to keep discussions for each tool inside its own thread.

Kfreon | TPF Tools

Postby KFreon » 25 Aug 2013, 12:49

I wrote a program in python ages back that allowed me to extract .tpf's in a more useful manner through the "send to" menu. I could select multiple .tpf's and have them extract to their own folders and separate the .tpf from the extracted images.
I then extended it to allow me to rebuild .tpf's more easily by selecting all the images, going sendto, and it would build a .log file that texmod could use.

Now (finally), I decided that other people might want such functionality, so I rewrote it in C#.
I take no credit for tpfextract or texmod, both of which are included for ease of use.

Features:
- Can extract multiple .tpf's to separate folders
- Can separate .tpf's from their extracted images (so you don't lose the .tpf in all the images)
- Can rebuild .tpf's automatically given a group of images, or even a folder of images. It can go all the way to saving the .tpf with texmod.
- Can check the old .def, if it exists, for duplicates or "missing" files (useful if there are multiple references to the same file and tpfextract doesn't let you get both, and if the names of the files are unusual)

If anyone uses this, let me know if you find any problems or want anything added :)
I'm working on a GUI version as well.

Enough of my prattle, here it is.

EDIT: And the GUI version.

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: TPF Tools

Postby KFreon » 26 Aug 2013, 04:57

Added the GUI version. Still needs some aesthetic work to redirect stdin from tpfextract, but it works.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby KFreon » 27 Aug 2013, 02:04

Updated GUI version.
Ditched tpfextract for Salt's tpfextractor code. Modified it slightly, but all credit to Salt for it.
Added overwrite protection. Used to blindly overwrite existing images, now asks which to overwrite.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 31 Aug 2013, 15:00

This looks like it could be handy :]
giftfish

Postby Renmiri » 01 Sep 2013, 18:24

I love Python, if you are willing to release the python code on SVN that would be really neat. I can probably bring it up to date to the C# version when I get some time. Another good thing about having Python code to extract/ upload / save ME files is that we could tie it easily to Blender, which would help people who get intimidated by ME3Explorer. A blender plugin to read directly from tpf, pcc or textures.tfc would really be cool.

I always planned on writing one, just never got around to it.. /rollseyes at myself :roll:
Renmiri
Emeritus

Have thanks: 37 time

Postby KFreon » 02 Sep 2013, 00:36

This code here should do almost exactly what the python version did, but you can have it if you want :P
I don't know how to add it to svn or even if I should though, and to be clear, only the C# version can natively extract .tpf's, thanks to Salt's extraction code.
It was actually 2 .py scripts...messy and poorly commented also perhaps incomplete now.
Here's the Building script and Extraction.

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby Renmiri » 02 Sep 2013, 06:27

Awesome, that helps. I love Python.

And don't worry, I'm not that much of a modder myself. i can code but my humble attempts at doing so are definitely not the best so anything you have will be better :)
Renmiri
Emeritus

Have thanks: 37 time

Postby KFreon » 02 Sep 2013, 07:25

Oh I wouldn't be so sure of that :P I'm pretty dodgy.
But feel free to have fun with it. Improve on it if you find anything useful :D
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby KFreon » 03 Sep 2013, 05:57

Just out of curiousity Renmiri, why did you want the python script over the C# one?
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Re: Kfreon | TPF Tools

Postby giftfish » 24 Apr 2016, 19:12

@K -- I know that .metpfs are supposed to be "more compatible" and "better" than regular .tpfs.

Can you explain the advantage? I need some info for the wiki :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Next

Return to ME3Explorer Toolset Development