Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 19:44

FemShep wrote:Unless you mean serious radio static. Somehow in the future we still use analog radios.

LOL, right? I don't get too hung up on it, but it's funny the figures of speech and some of the "tech" in Mass Effect.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby scoutception » 13 Nov 2015, 01:14

Wow, watching that video, I've gotta say, I like. I like very much, especially in comparison to the version you have on the Nexus, because honestly, that was overkill. I really like how smooth it goes without TIM, the Catalyst, or the memorial wall scene. I think my only real criticism is that it leaves TIM without any sort of resolution.
And since we're talking about Harbinger, my personal theory as to why it doesn't shoot the Normandy out of the sky is because of the Reaper IFF keeps him from directly targeting it.
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby Deager » 13 Nov 2015, 02:30

scoutception wrote:Wow, watching that video, I've gotta say, I like. I like very much, especially in comparison to the version you have on the Nexus, because honestly, that was overkill. I really like how smooth it goes without TIM, the Catalyst, or the memorial wall scene. I think my only real criticism is that it leaves TIM without any sort of resolution.
And since we're talking about Harbinger, my personal theory as to why it doesn't shoot the Normandy out of the sky is because of the Reaper IFF keeps him from directly targeting it.

I loved releasing that dark ending of LIME. It's just so insanely dark; something different. But yeah, there's still a reason only 7 downloads have happened. Still makes me chuckle. And I'm not making fun of people who want to use it, it's just funny how not used it is.

Yeah, with TIM he gets no resolution and I will not just tag on a line in the LIME to CEM transition that says, "Yeah, they got 'em" or anything. :) So that is a story arc that just kind of floats away. Fob had a clever idea but I'm not skilled enough to pull it off. He said that TIM could be put in the death pose, moved closer to the player as they are walking up, and making him a POI where you can read something after his death, or possibly even hear a recording. But again, way out of my league of expertise to pull that plan off but I love that idea.
EDIT: OK, question to anybody reading this. Is there enough context to have TIM lying there in the crumpled up pose, have him say his "I wish you could see Earth the way I do Shepard. It's so...perfect." I'm gonna say no. I'm not sure if I can somehow get context in the game to have it make sense, and I'd still question why Shep would just walk up and not pull a gun or make sure TIM was not a threat. /EDIT

Never thought about that with Harby. I'll change his line to, "What the (@*@ targeting system. Why can't I line this *(*&$ up!!!"
Deager
Modder

Postby Deager » 14 Nov 2015, 18:08

OK, attempt at Harby/EDI fixes. There are some issues.

EDI has the radio effect. I recorded EDI with the correct radio effect from earlier with the lines I needed and then those are the base files for the two lines "up top." But...I gather from Kinkojiro that wwisebanks control sound effects and it appears those banks are kind of uncharted and not something I would tackle well. Which means, there's still that "echo" effect of a big room going on a little bit. Still, I think it's better.

Harby on the other hand is tricky. Both Sovereign from way back and Harby from ME2 are never spoken to in their actual form, just over radio or through Collectors or whatever. So that awesome, awesome Reaper on Rannoch is a completely different base file. I did my best with a base boost, normalizing it to give it more oomph without spiking past 100%, and ran the sounds through the sound filer provided by the Rannoch mission and...I don't know. It's not even close to what that Reaper sounds like. Just visually looking at the file in Audacity I can see a distinct, digital effect applied but I can't even come close to matching it.

If AVPen or anyone else has any idea of filters or even other tools I could try to attempt to mimic the sweet sound of that Reaper on Rannoch, I'm all over it. Another thought is...does Harby need to speak? I included it to mainly give the best attempt possible of "explaining" why Harby doesn't just shoot the Normandy down right there. Maybe story wise these lines are not needed at all? Although, I still think Harby would trash talk anyway.

Deager
Modder

Postby scoutception » 14 Nov 2015, 19:21

Hmm, considering that Harbinger is a lot farther away from you than the Reaper on Rannoch was, it makes sense that it wouldn't sound as powerful. I think it sounds decent.
And, I just thought of an idea concerning TIM: would it be (theoretically, at least) possible to move the TIM confrontation on the Citadel to, say, the end of Cronos Station. I admit I have no experience with modding ME3, so that might be way too crazy, but I'd think it would make some sense. Considering that Cerberus is basically finished after Cronos, and that you almost never see TIM anywhere else, I'd think it would be appropriate.
scoutception
User

Postby Deager » 14 Nov 2015, 19:33

scoutception wrote:Hmm, considering that Harbinger is a lot farther away from you than the Reaper on Rannoch was, it makes sense that it wouldn't sound as powerful. I think it sounds decent.
And, I just thought of an idea concerning TIM: would it be (theoretically, at least) possible to move the TIM confrontation on the Citadel to, say, the end of Cronos Station. I admit I have no experience with modding ME3, so that might be way too crazy, but I'd think it would make some sense. Considering that Cerberus is basically finished after Cronos, and that you almost never see TIM anywhere else, I'd think it would be appropriate.

Good point on the distance from Harby...well, we'll see. It's better, just not as awesome as I wanted for sound.

I am not capable of the TIM idea on Cronos. However, if I could retcon Kai Leng out and replace him with TIM in a different type of "engagement" I'd love it. But I can't do it.

Still...I may get some help with TIM and trying to close that story arc. I had looked into just Shep and TIM talking. Very doable actually except for the problem of Shep raising his or her gun. That makes no sense without Anderson there. Sometimes it is possible to control the movement of limbs in a scene (I did it by accident in CEM once) but I could maybe keep the gun down OR, this may seem a little too dramatic, but get the gun to point at Shepard to the side of the head. That's still very difficult for me to try to solve or do, even if it's possible, so the idea of TIM's body being there with a point of interest thing to click may be all I can muster, and even that I suspect I'll need help.
Deager
Modder

Postby scoutception » 14 Nov 2015, 23:26

I think the idea of just finding TIM dying could work. Maybe have him say his "I tried, Shepard" line and a few of his encouragement lines from ME2. That way, it could imply that he managed to fight off his indoctrination long enough to shoot himself, like he could do in the vanilla ending.
scoutception
User

Postby Deager » 14 Nov 2015, 23:58

scoutception wrote:I think the idea of just finding TIM dying could work. Maybe have him say his "I tried, Shepard" line and a few of his encouragement lines from ME2. That way, it could imply that he managed to fight off his indoctrination long enough to shoot himself, like he could do in the vanilla ending.

Nice. Exactly what I was thinking for a recording. Still gotta do the work of course...ugh. But, I think it's worth it to close the plot event. And it's a big one to close. EDIT: Actually, I realized I was going to maybe go more general like, "I tried" and such but not reference Shepard since I figure TIM can't know for sure Shepard would be the one to find him.

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

Postby AVPen » 15 Nov 2015, 18:38

Deager wrote:Harby on the other hand is tricky. Both Sovereign from way back and Harby from ME2 are never spoken to in their actual form, just over radio or through Collectors or whatever. So that awesome, awesome Reaper on Rannoch is a completely different base file. I did my best with a base boost, normalizing it to give it more oomph without spiking past 100%, and ran the sounds through the sound filer provided by the Rannoch mission and...I don't know. It's not even close to what that Reaper sounds like. Just visually looking at the file in Audacity I can see a distinct, digital effect applied but I can't even come close to matching it.

If AVPen or anyone else has any idea of filters or even other tools I could try to attempt to mimic the sweet sound of that Reaper on Rannoch, I'm all over it. Another thought is...does Harby need to speak? I included it to mainly give the best attempt possible of "explaining" why Harby doesn't just shoot the Normandy down right there. Maybe story wise these lines are not needed at all? Although, I still think Harby would trash talk anyway.

About 3 years ago, I made a fanedit video of how Harbinger could speak during the Beam Run on Earth, for a fanedit video series I was working on of ME3 (actually I'm still working on it, lol... keep redoing and re-editing things since the discovery of new clothing mods, JohnP and giftfish finding new dialogue scenes, etc) - Harbinger's audio was altering and filtered using Sony Vegas Pro (a video-editor, but also doubles as my audio editor) and I tried very hard to emulate the effect of the Rannoch Reaper's audio for Harbinger by using enviromental reverb, echo, etc.

This is an updated and recent version of the "Harbinger speaks" scene for my fanedit series:

Whether or not the altered audio would work in-game, I haven't tested it yet, but sometime I would like to attempt it for a mod (should take a look through Fob's version of Beam Run in MEHEM to see how he did his edits...)
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby CreeperLava » 15 Nov 2015, 18:50

Your video is listed as private, we can't see it^^.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development