Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Postby AVPen » 15 Nov 2015, 18:54

CreeperLava wrote:Your video is listed as private, we can't see it^^.

Should've been set to unlisted, not private..... it's been fixed.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby Deager » 15 Nov 2015, 21:59

AVPen wrote:This is an updated and recent version of the "Harbinger speaks" scene for my fanedit series:

Love it! Now, would you be willing to share the audio files you edited for Harby? All I'm doing is what Fob did, and that is to put the Harby lines in the sound effects for the scenes. That line you chose about "an annoyance" was the other one I was considering.

EDIT: Actually, if you've not done the audio stuff before, let me know. You do need to put part of the sound in the BioSnd_End001.pcc file as well to help it stream in properly from the BioD_End001_910RaceToConduit.pcc file. The first Harby line is in a file where it actually makes more sense to just replace it in wwise_end001_cinedesign.afc. If you need a hand, just let me know.

EDIT2: I forgot I owned Goldwave and sure enough, very handy tools in there, including a nice "mechanize" tool. I still can't quite get the base right but that Reaper on Rannoch is very different in speech than Harby.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Forgetti » 17 Nov 2015, 02:25

wow. this is an awesome looking mod. also those Lines that I've never heard before like "what happened to hammer" were those buried in the game files or did you cleverly splice something together?
Forgetti
User

Have thanks: 11 time

Postby Deager » 17 Nov 2015, 04:50

Forgetti wrote:wow. this is an awesome looking mod. also those Lines that I've never heard before like "what happened to hammer" were those buried in the game files or did you cleverly splice something together?

They were in BioD_End002_200Tunnel_LOC_INT.pcc. There's an entire conversation about "Why are they doing this?" and it seems to either be in place of a lot of the back and forth we got or the walk was going to be longer. So, I nabbed a few of the lines to give something new but also get things moving in a different direction with the conversation.

Almost have the Harby lines ready to upload. Goldwave has some serious tools. Right now ME3 is constantly checking EA connection and never stopping. Not sure if it has to do with my pre-downloading of Battlefront or not. I'd love to post an example tonight if I can.

EDIT: Uploaded. I still prefer the sound of the Reaper on Rannoch but hopefully this is better than before.
Deager
Modder

Postby AVPen » 17 Nov 2015, 05:53

Deager wrote:
AVPen wrote:This is an updated and recent version of the "Harbinger speaks" scene for my fanedit series:

Love it! Now, would you be willing to share the audio files you edited for Harby? All I'm doing is what Fob did, and that is to put the Harby lines in the sound effects for the scenes. That line you chose about "an annoyance" was the other one I was considering.

EDIT: Actually, if you've not done the audio stuff before, let me know. You do need to put part of the sound in the BioSnd_End001.pcc file as well to help it stream in properly from the BioD_End001_910RaceToConduit.pcc file. The first Harby line is in a file where it actually makes more sense to just replace it in wwise_end001_cinedesign.afc. If you need a hand, just let me know.

I'll try and send you the WAV audio files for the edited Harbinger lines in the next day or two (when I get some free time, lol) - as I said previously, I haven't mucked around with trying to add that audio into the actual in-game scenes themselves (yet), so you have more knowledge at how to do that then I currently do.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby Deager » 17 Nov 2015, 14:22

Thanks. If you ever want them in game just let me know. I should be able to do that for you in exchange for your work. Besides, I think I like your version better than mine.
Deager
Modder

Postby scoutception » 18 Nov 2015, 22:16

EDIT: Uploaded. I still prefer the sound of the Reaper on Rannoch but hopefully this is better than before.

I think you've managed to get as close as possible in regards to the actual voice. I noticed that the Rannoch Reaper has a subtle echo effect when it speaks, so maybe try to add that, and you'll be good.
Though if we're being perfectly honest here, I don't really think it sounds that much like Harbinger anymore, but what can you do.

scoutception has been thanked by:
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby Deager » 19 Nov 2015, 04:20

scoutception wrote:

I think you've managed to get as close as possible in regards to the actual voice. I noticed that the Rannoch Reaper has a subtle echo effect when it speaks, so maybe try to add that, and you'll be good.
Though if we're being perfectly honest here, I don't really think it sounds that much like Harbinger anymore, but what can you do.

Right, it's this balance of power and base vs how we've always heard Harby. I'm going with it as is and have to check "perfection" at the door. It'll never be right for everyone's ears. I kind of like it now so I'm rolling with it. I hope to have the mod up this weekend.
Deager
Modder

Postby FemShep » 19 Nov 2015, 07:30

You could mod out the line where they say that it's harby at the end right? That way it'd just be a reaper. I don't get why they even put him in the game for such a pointless role.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby Deager » 19 Nov 2015, 22:45

FemShep wrote:You could mod out the line where they say that it's harby at the end right? That way it'd just be a reaper. I don't get why they even put him in the game for such a pointless role.

That's true too and certainly would be an option. Hmmm, too many choices. :) Pondering, argh. I may do a release as is still. Not saying at all this mod is perfect, and it never will be, but I think I kind of want it out there and just see how it goes for my next PT and how others feel about it in general.
EDIT: I couldn't take it. I did one more revamp of Harby's voice. It's final. Testing went well tonight. I hope to post a link Saturday to the mod on Nexus.
Deager
Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development